• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Vs Man UTD EL Ro16 1st Leg Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This suits them really, they know how to play against us because they know how to pack men behind the ball and to frustrate the opposition, which is the kind of set up we're notoriously shit against. They will try to nick it, so we have to really get at them from the off and we have to get on top of Mata, he always seems to do well against us.

I certainly think the fans will help here, it'll be a poisonous atmosphere with it being a night game (everyone would have had a few scoops before the game) and we just need to make a lot of fucking noise and they will shit themselves.

Early goal and it could be 4 or 5. I'm getting proper excited for this now. Fucking come on Red Men!

They've got a few guys back from injury now, including Fellaini. He might not start that many games for them, but Van Gaal's always gone with Fellaini against us whenever he's available (he's started all 4 games against us in 2 seasons). Van Gaal will bring his team here to choke the life out of us and also try to capitalize on our susceptibility at LB and set pieces.

I never like to advocate this, but I will every time Fellaini plays against us - our guys need to be street-smart and exaggerate every contact he makes against them, Henderson and gang has to crowd and pester the referee, and our fans need to rev up the noise and put pressure on the officials to try and get him sent off against us at last.

He has time and again escaped red cards against us these 2 seasons for blatant elbows and stamps. It's incredible. So no, he's going off this time, for sure. If we need to cheat to get him off, we should, because payback at the worst moments is the bitch that birthed a bitch.

So the next time his elbow gently caresses Henderson's Nivea-enriched cheek, or lice from his arid afro migrate to Can's Brylcreem utopia, or the studs of his boots so much as make a divot 2 inches from Sakho's ballerina feet, he's off. The guys are all going down like they were hit by a line of trucks (no, not one truck, that won't do - it has to be like 15 trucks, one after another), stung by a thousand and one killer bees, or mauled in a corner by a gang of honey badgers (hat tip to whoever voted for badgers as the most awesome animal). We're so going to get him sent off at last.

So, stop being nice. Be angry that he's never been justly dealt with in the Premier League. It's time to be very, very spiteful and dementedly vicious. And I hope Klopp goes so ballistic he does cartwheels in front of Van Gaal when Fellaini troops past on his way to the dressing room.

Fortunately we have a european referee, always less tolerant of such antics from the likes of Fellaini, the cunt got away with murder in the the last game

I don't know where all this battering them stuff is coming from. Even when they've been at their plodding worst this season, they've always looked difficult to break down. I think getting Fellani sent off is indeed our best hope!

Fortunately we have a european referee, always less tolerant of such antics from the likes of Fellaini, the cunt got away with murder in the the last game

I was going to take comfort in that... until I looked up his record in transfermarkt:
-- http://www.transfermarkt.com/marouane-fellaini/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/39679

337 career games: 88 yellows, 1 red (double yellow - 13/14 CL), 3 straight reds (14/15 EPL, 10/11 EPL, 06/07 Jupiler)

Can you believe that? He has gotten a straight red card once every 4 years. And a double yellow sending off only once in his career.
Amazing.

I don't think they had us completely worked out last time, they just sucker punched us.
That was their game plan, and it worked, they knew they'd lose to us if they played on our terms, so they didn't allow that to happen. They'll strangle the game again tomorrow, and probably sucker punch us again, via route Felliani, it'll be ugly, and we'll look like the better team, but they'll win because it's effective, they haven't beaten us four times in a row by accident.

I certainly think the fans will help here, it'll be a poisonous atmosphere with it being a night game (everyone would have had a few scoops before the game) and we just need to make a lot of fucking noise and they will shit themselves.

Early goal and it could be 4 or 5. I'm getting proper excited for this now. Fucking come on Red Men!
I think this is why I'm looking forward to the game so much, it's been a while since we've had an big evening game and I've missed them, the atmosphere should be electric.

I think this is why I'm looking forward to the game so much, it's been a while since we've had an big evening game and I've missed them, the atmosphere should be electric.

Why are you looking forward to it if you know we're going to lose?

I was going to take comfort in that... until I looked up his record in transfermarkt:
-- http://www.transfermarkt.com/marouane-fellaini/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/39679

337 career games: 88 yellows, 1 red (double yellow - 13/14 CL), 3 straight reds (14/15 EPL, 10/11 EPL, 06/07 Jupiler)

Can you believe that? He has gotten a straight red card once every 4 years. And a double yellow sending off only once in his career.
Amazing.

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!

Carte blanche for Fellani to swing his elbows with gay abandon.

Its even longer since we have had a big evening game against the Mancs. I cant remember the last time we played them in a night game. Maybe the 3-3 When Ruddock scored? That was about 1995!

The police stopped evening games between Liverpool and Man Utd for a reason, everyone turns up half cut and there is always murder trying to get the Mancs back to Lime Street Station after the game. The streets around Anfield are not easy to police, there are so many alleyways and derelict buildings that little scallies could be hiding anywhere, just waiting to ambush a few Mancs. I assume the bizzies will keep them in for an hour after the game and march them down Scotland Road to the train station, but I wouldnt be surprised if it kicked off in some way.

Go on youtube and search "Battle of the Valley Everton" I think, and that was the reason most night games between Man Utd and Merseyside teams stopped. It was an evening kick off in the FA Cup one Saturday and there was fucking mayhem. Bricks, metal poles, allsorts being thrown at the Mancs being walked down to the station. It was as if every little twat in Liverpool had come out that day.

But yeah, the atmosphere should be brilliant and we really need to make it properly horrible for the cunts. Get stuck up them from the word go. I just hope we get a decent referee as European ones seem to be stricter. I doubt they would Referee it as a "Derby game", which is a shame.

Last edited:
I don't know where all this battering them stuff is coming from. Even when they've been at their plodding worst this season, they've always looked difficult to break down. I think getting Fellani sent off is indeed our best hope!

Nah Doctor, we will twat them! Who is with me?

The last few games have at least made me believe we will be well up for it. Klopp will set them out to be "angry" again.
Shame Flanno isnt there to run through some Manc bastard right from the kick off.

When we lost at home last season (Gerrard sending off) we desperately lacked someone who could just put his foot in and get everyone going.
Dont think we made a tackle in the entire first half.

------------------------Ming-------------------​
------Can------Toure----Lovren---Clyne
---------------------- Allen
------Henderson -------------- Milner
Firmino --------- Sturridge ------ Coutinho
Moreno is just a fucking liability and I can't bring my self to put him in the team (though I've no doubt Klopp will start him). You could even play Sakho at LB - he's still better than Moreno. Luckily Darmian is on our left side (good defender, not so great going forward) though Mata and Lingaard will probably attack that side too. With Gomez, Flanno & Smith it's surprising we still find ourselves in this position.

I don't like our team with Moreno starting and our midfield isn't strong enough to have just 2 CMs so don't think we can play 4-2-3-1 vs. United. Teixera to make the bench and come on for our 2nd in a 2-1 win.

Can at right-back? Like, as if. He's fucking horrible there.

Its even longer since we have had a big evening game against the Mancs. I cant remember the last time we played them in a night game. Maybe the 3-3 When Ruddock scored? That was about 1995!

There was a 2-2 draw in an evening game somewhere towards the end of the 99 season where Paul Ince scored a last minute equaliser. It was particularly pleasing because Arsenal won the same night, and I thought we might have just taken the title from united and handed it to Arsenal, but it wasn't to be.

Can at right-back? Like, as if. He's fucking horrible there.
I know he had one awful match there but the options are Toure or playing Moreno (I can see him giving away another penalty against the speed of United's young forwards). He did very well when moved back when Milner was sent off. Maybe worth another shot there. Maybe move Toure out there and Lovren+Sakho in the centre with Clyne at LB. Such a pity Klop fucked up leaving Flanno out of the squad.

There was a 2-2 draw in an evening game somewhere towards the end of the 99 season where Paul Ince scored a last minute equaliser. It was particularly pleasing because Arsenal won the same night, and I thought we might have just taken the title from united and handed it to Arsenal, but it wasn't to be.

Yes, good memory. I was at that game so should have got it. I guess I just blocked Paul Ince out my memory cos he's a cunt.

Wouldn't be feeling too confident about progressing through to the next round.
I think we'll nick a 1-0 win tomorrow but lose it at OT.

I'm confident. We're in a good run of form and Klopp has shown he raise this team to perform in the bigger matches.

I fear a stupid sending off (Moreno) costing us, but other than that we should do them. They're ahead of us in the league, but we have the stronger first eleven when we're all fit and firing.

Klopp has to start Sturridge and Coutinho and leave Origi on the bench.

Watched this and just thought how incredibly lucky we are to have gotten this man as our manager. Still cant believe it at times. We'll be fucking boss in the future.

This suits them really, they know how to play against us because they know how to pack men behind the ball and to frustrate the opposition, which is the kind of set up we're notoriously shit against. They will try to nick it, so we have to really get at them from the off and we have to get on top of Mata, he always seems to do well against us.
We should fucking kill them Mark - from the very start.

People getting wayyyy too confident, not just on here. Last two times United have come to Anfield we were firm favourites to win and look what happened there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom