• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool Vs Man UTD EL Ro16 1st Leg Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pussies the lot of you..

We will have them..

Yes 2nd leg away is usually not an advantage, I agree. But given our form away from home against the bigger sides, I have nothing to fear..

They are injury ridden, no Rooney, in last chance saloon..

On top of the fact Klopp has near a fully strength squad at his disposal and we have come into a bit of form

We are gong to win this..

PS fuck off with your Jinx shite too..[emoji6]

Nothing to fear apart from losing our last 4 fixtures against them. And having the second leg away isn't an advantage, and nobody would choose it either.

2nd leg away isn't a bad thing. As long as we do not concede at home we will start at their place where a goal will be worth 1.5 times for us.

Pussies the lot of you..

We will have them..

Yes 2nd leg away is usually not an advantage, I agree. But given our form away from home against the bigger sides, I have nothing to fear..

They are injury ridden, no Rooney, in last chance saloon..

On top of the fact Klopp has near a fully strength squad at his disposal and we have come into a bit of form

We are gong to win this..

PS fuck off with your Jinx shite too..[emoji6]
How many times has your over confidence been misplaced? I really don't want to see a post from from Moron saying we'll stuff them 7-0, then I know we are surely FUCKED!

I've got the prawn sandwich brigade seats from work (Hospitality) so I'll be at Anfield for 5.30, for free ale and a 3 course dinner.

The only issue is that I'm alongside two work colleagues who have never seen me at a football game, let alone a football game against Man Utd.

This could get very dangerous.

------------------Ming-------------------
Clyne----Toure----Lovren---Flanno
------------------Can--------------------
-Lallana--Firmino--Milner--Coutinho
----------------Sturridge----------------

We were super confident and on the rise this time last year as well, United then put us back in our place. I'm not trying to reverse jinx in my usual fashion here, but Van Gaal's United has had us completely worked out every single time we've faced them, even when they've been stuttering and we've been flying, this is going to be a very tough game, and they'll probably nick yet another ugly win.
I thought united were shit in all those games and but for their goalkeeper would have been fucked over by us in all those games. Its about time we really be clinical and turn the knife in them. Fuck em we win 5-0 on aggregate.

I thought united were shit in all those games and but for their goalkeeper would have been fucked over by us in all those games. Its about time we really be clinical and turn the knife in them. Fuck em we win 5-0 on aggregate.
Nail in the Fucking Coffin!!! We have officially LOST!!!! Moron and Redninja are jinxy mother fuckers.

I hope those two develop some kind repetitive strain injury and speach impediment so they can't Internet to text anything.

Can't play that berk Moreno for this one, they'll have a field day with him. Flanno is perfect for the derby.

------------Can-------Milner-------------
-Lallana-----Firmino----Coutinho

Can't play that berk Moreno for this one, they'll have a field day with him. Flanno is perfect for the derby.

------------Can-------Milner-------------
-Lallana-----Firmino----Coutinho
Teixera moment from Mors

Not looking forward to this as they know how to beat us.

Nah. If we lose its only because we let them win. They're average and we should beat them. If we approach it the right way mentally and keep confidence up, we should be fine

And having the second leg away isn't an advantage, and nobody would choose it either.
There is one scenario in which it is a definite advantage .. all level going into ExT at OT (away goals only count in the EL if level after ExT I believe).

There is one scenario in which it is a definite advantage .. all level going into ExT at OT (away goals only count in the EL if level after ExT I believe).

No, they count from FT. The ExT thingy is from the Milk cup

They are injury ridden, no Rooney
Not that injury ridden and arguably Rashford and Lingaard are better than having Rooney in there anyway (according to some).

OUT for Thursday : Borthwick-Jackson, Keane, Rooney, Young, Schweinsteiger andShaw with possibly on the bench : Valencia & Jones.

For the return only Keane, Rooney, Young and Shaw likely to be still out. Schweinsteiger should make the bench.

------------------------Ming-------------------​
------Can------Toure----Lovren---Clyne
---------------------- Allen
------Henderson -------------- Milner
Firmino --------- Sturridge ------ Coutinho
Moreno is just a fucking liability and I can't bring my self to put him in the team (though I've no doubt Klopp will start him). You could even play Sakho at LB - he's still better than Moreno. Luckily Darmian is on our left side (good defender, not so great going forward) though Mata and Lingaard will probably attack that side too. With Gomez, Flanno & Smith it's surprising we still find ourselves in this position.

I don't like our team with Moreno starting and our midfield isn't strong enough to have just 2 CMs so don't think we can play 4-2-3-1 vs. United. Teixera to make the bench and come on for our 2nd in a 2-1 win.

I think we'll lose 0-1 this week and 2-1 next week.
braveheart_a_p.jpg

They've got a few guys back from injury now, including Fellaini. He might not start that many games for them, but Van Gaal's always gone with Fellaini against us whenever he's available (he's started all 4 games against us in 2 seasons). Van Gaal will bring his team here to choke the life out of us and also try to capitalize on our susceptibility at LB and set pieces.

I never like to advocate this, but I will every time Fellaini plays against us - our guys need to be street-smart and exaggerate every contact he makes against them, Henderson and gang has to crowd and pester the referee, and our fans need to rev up the noise and put pressure on the officials to try and get him sent off against us at last.

He has time and again escaped red cards against us these 2 seasons for blatant elbows and stamps. It's incredible. So no, he's going off this time, for sure. If we need to cheat to get him off, we should, because payback at the worst moments is the bitch that birthed a bitch.

So the next time his elbow gently caresses Henderson's Nivea-enriched cheek, or lice from his arid afro migrate to Can's Brylcreem utopia, or the studs of his boots so much as make a divot 2 inches from Sakho's ballerina feet, he's off. The guys are all going down like they were hit by a line of trucks (no, not one truck, that won't do - it has to be like 15 trucks, one after another), stung by a thousand and one killer bees, or mauled in a corner by a gang of honey badgers (hat tip to whoever voted for badgers as the most awesome animal). We're so going to get him sent off at last.

So, stop being nice. Be angry that he's never been justly dealt with in the Premier League. It's time to be very, very spiteful and dementedly vicious. And I hope Klopp goes so ballistic he does cartwheels in front of Van Gaal when Fellaini troops past on his way to the dressing room.

Last edited:

They were shit in the last game at Anfield, but they soundly dicked us around in Brodge's last 3 games in charge, unfortunately deserving to win all of them. We're in decent nick to play them now, but they are very good at shutting down the game against decent teams.

The key to getting at Utd is not letting Blind drop in between the back three and pass the ball about with impunity. We need to sit on top of that cunt. In a few of those games in our recent miserable run against them we've been chasing shadows at times. For this reason I suspect that Benteke is again unlikely to start, and if we only play one out-and-out striker it may be Origi before Studge. We also need not to make any huge blunders that gift-wraps these cunts a goal.

The key to getting at Utd is not letting Blind drop in between the back three and pass the ball about with impunity. We need to sit on top of that cunt. In a few of those games in our recent miserable run against them we've been chasing shadows at times. For this reason I suspect that Benteke is again unlikely to start, and if we only play one out-and-out striker it may be Origi before Studge. We also need not to make any huge blunders that gift-wraps these cunts a goal.

Blind has been playing CB for them most of this season though, and even with Rojo now back, Blind started at CB with Rojo at LB in their last 3 league games. That's great for us actually, as Blind looks shit at CB the times I've seen him play there.

We've got to watch for Herrera and Mata lurking around as a free man from a corner / free kick delivery, and we've got to be alert to what they do on our left, be it Lingard running into the space Moreno leaves, or Mata there working into a pocket of space behind Moreno after a pass and move. It is why I think Milner has to play, or at least Lallana has to, on that side, as Moreno is definitely out weak link at the back (and the combo with Sakho isn't any comforting). I think Coutinho has been dodgy in his defensive duties this season, and hasn't worked as hard in closing down or chasing back as he could / should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom