• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool VS Man City CL QF 1st leg pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
0474048541b793481448fb34867e50bb.jpg

Double bluff

We do not play this game free of pressure. We are Liverpool, European royalty– 5 european cups and 3 UEFA cups. Man City have 1 cup winner's cup. Yes, they're swimming in Arab money, they're supposedly the best thing since sliced bread and we haven't won owt in years, but I think there will always be expectation on us in these big European nights, and rightly so.

Thats the spirit Doc, love it.

And the new proposed route just happens to take the coach past a huge (relative for the area) open area where the dual carriageway meets the arkles pub, meaning that literally thousands of fans can be on hand to greet the coach when it arrives, as well as all the way down the dual carriageway along the large grass verges.

I think this is actually a good move on behalf of the police, as it means much less residential housing where people will congregate, much larger spaces where flares can be lit without danger of people being hurt, more space & room for those with kids to be able to move away from being pushed too much & no reasonable reason that city can ask for fans to be dispersed.

All whilst keeping it just as intimidating & potentially actually being more of a 'show' & louder as the coach approaches the ground.

Rumoured team:

Karius

TAA Lovren Virgil Robertson

Ox Henderson Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

And the new proposed route just happens to take the coach past a huge (relative for the area) open area where the dual carriageway meets the arkles pub, meaning that literally thousands of fans can be on hand to greet the coach when it arrives, as well as all the way down the dual carriageway along the large grass verges.

I think this is actually a good move on behalf of the police, as it means much less residential housing where people will congregate, much larger spaces where flares can be lit without danger of people being hurt, more space & room for those with kids to be able to move away from being pushed too much & no reasonable reason that city can ask for fans to be dispersed.

All whilst keeping it just as intimidating & potentially actually being more of a 'show' & louder as the coach approaches the ground.

Hahahaha. How thoughtful.

Rumoured team:

Karius

TAA Lovren Virgil Robertson

Ox Henderson Milner

Salah Firmino Mane

I think that's pretty much the team most would have gone for/ predicted. Not quite picking itself, but the only real question is/was Wijanldum vs Chamberlain, given the injuries elsewhere.

The midfield looks a bit workmanlike, but tbh most of our midfield selections do.

It's pretty much our strongest side.

I'd like to see Milner & Chamberlain swap sides so that Milner can help protect TAA though tbh, as part of the reason Robertson looks so effective is he has Milner doing a lot of the grunt work ahead of him, & we know TAA is our weakest link (arguably more so with Lovren alongside him).

Bringing the coaches past the Arkles, where the away fans will be approaching the ground, sounds like an idea Fat Joe had so we'll be banned out of Europe for the next 10 years.

Bringing the coaches past the Arkles, where the away fans will be approaching the ground, sounds like an idea Fat Joe had so we'll be banned out of Europe for the next 10 years.

Leaving the way clear for Everton's glorious return to European football at their new dock-side stadium with one end "modelled on Dortmund's Yellow Wall" and rumoured to be called the Joe Anderson Stand.

The bizzies will have the away fans separated by then.

He states, more in hope than expectation.

I think we'll fuck them. They won't be ready for us and I think we'll blitz them for 40 minutes and bag a 2 or 3 goal lead to take to the Etihad.

We are the one team who's had their number this season which will linger in their minds. Combine that with the noise of Anfield now and City will choke.

Already in bed... it’s nearly 9 pm.... that’s should be a good 4 hours kip before getting up bright and breezy for the game...

If one of you kind chaps could post any links and stuff it would be much appreciated...

I’ve downloaded that Acestream thing but fuck knows how to use the fucker...

Anyway... good night all...

Haha! I'm fucking shitting myself. What a game! Biggest one since 2005. If we win I think I might pass out!

Already in bed... it’s nearly 9 pm.... that’s should be a good 4 hours kip before getting up bright and breezy for the game...

If one of you kind chaps could post any links and stuff it would be much appreciated...

I’ve downloaded that Acestream thing but fuck knows how to use the fucker...

Anyway... good night all...
When you wake up you may find this helpful, it's a step by step guide on how to use acestream:

https://www.lifewire.com/acestream-4155879

100% knew we would draw Man C after our 4-3 win, it's the game all of Europe want to see. That means I'm prepared for the hype and praying we don't fold on the night.

City are brilliant at playing around the edge of the box and then finding runners in behind the defence - they've scored a ridiculous number of goals this way so we have to stop them at source and then make sure the full backs track the runners.

Theres too much confidence in the press etc , there should be goals but im no confident.

Need Robertson to pull another Marvel jobby, Trent too needs a massive 180 minutes.

Score draw tonight:graham:

100% knew we would draw Man C after our 4-3 win, it's the game all of Europe want to see. That means I'm prepared for the hype and praying we don't fold on the night.

City are brilliant at playing around the edge of the box and then finding runners in behind the defence - they've scored a ridiculous number of goals this way so we have to stop them at source and then make sure the full backs track the runners.

Pretty sure most of Europe will be thinking 'who the fuck are Manchester City?'

It's beginning to look a lot like another famous Champions League night..

I really think we're in for a treat, whether that means a win, a draw or a loss who knows, but the game itself could be a real blockbuster I believe. Breath-taking end to end stuff and lots of goals.

LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oh and saw this, didn't exactly make me any less excited about it all.. (oh and slightly confused too, why the use of 'Allez' apart from the obv fact it sounds boss in a song.. thought the English hated all things French to be honest)?

That's because we're not English, we're Scouse. Hope this clears up your confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom