• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match: Man City (N) - Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see man City showing themselves to be classless again but refusing to collect their runners up medals. Its not as if bald cunt had been saying anything about the timing of the game or that they would have had issues collecting the winners medals before.
Its city once again insulting us like this didn't matter to them, pep made a big deal before counting this as a trophy a few years back when they were trying to win everything.. Haven't forgotten their refusal to create a guard of honour when we went to the emptyhad for the 1st game after we won the title

Have more respect for utd than I'll ever have for those shower of conspiracy ridden cunts

I caught a City fan on a phone in saying he was cool with the result because City are in ‘transition’ after losing Sterling and Jesus. Like he completely forgot they replaced Sterling with Grealish a year ago.

Bad day at the office but Scandi Carroll will score a ton for them unfortunately
He’ll score them when it’s all gravy. Not against top teams when it matters.

I caught a City fan on a phone in saying he was cool with the result because City are in ‘transition’ after losing Sterling and Jesus. Like he completely forgot they replaced Sterling with Grealish a year ago.

Bad day at the office but Scandi Carroll will score a ton for them unfortunately

We’ve got the Uruguayan Carroll. They have the Norwegian Lukaku.

After the game tonight I’ve also heard “blonde Cenk Tosun.” Not sure if that’s too harsh.

Last edited:
Darwin's workrate is great however his finishing is looking an area for improvement going off his limited time with us. He definitely adds a little something to us , excited to see how he develops individually and also how he influence our play

Elliott had a great cameo , Diaz is fucking electric, Salah was quietly effective, Trent after 15 mins found his passing boots and a nice goal to boot, Adrian's distribution is dogshit and his shot handling not a lot better.VVD had haaland in his pocket for 97 minutes.

Robbo seriously needs some shooting practice , it's embarrassing for a top class footballer in any position to be so fucking poor Infront of goal.

Yeah he's only scored five goals in two games

And that Jesus was only ever a 'squad' player for them.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but a few thoughts:
  1. Stonewall penalty;
  2. If you go by last season's application of the offside rule, Citeh's goal shouldn't have counted - one of their players defo had an arm and a leg ahead of the last defender when the ball was played through;
  3. Haaland "doesn't like it up him" - Virgil schooled him on our way to no.6 and Matip kept him pretty sewn up yesterday;
  4. Old Faithful can still surprise even me. Watched the game on it till the hour mark, then went downstairs to take delivery of my curry and Citeh "equalised", then when I finished that I went back to Old Faithful and the rest is history. 😎

Last edited:
Important things I took from the game :

1. Modo is the new Brizzle
2. All the posts saying we’d lose - feel the power of the reverse jinx. @Halmeister and I welcome you all to the dark side.
3. I didn’t watch the match - so if we lose next weekend while I’m watching - I will not hang on like a Boris, I will accept my fate.
4. I wouldn’t read too much into the result - but City looked a little behind us in terms of “readiness” - away at West Ham “should” be a tough game, but they’ll be on it after 2 or 3 games - it’s all about how quickly Haaland integrates because Grealish & Mahrez aren’t going to get them the goals they’ll need and Alveraz looks too short to play through the middle (he’s the same height as both Sterling and Raheem - so he’s tiny and I don’t think he can do the false 9 thing).

I think Pep’s head will explode early season if Haaland doesn’t start banging them in (he will).

2. All the posts saying we’d lose - feel the power of the reverse jinx. @Halmeister and I welcome you all to the dark side.
3. I didn’t watch the match - so if we lose next weekend while I’m watching - I will not hang on like a Boris, I will accept my fate.
4. I wouldn’t read too much into the result - but City looked a little behind us in terms of “readiness” - away at West Ham “should” be a tough game, but they’ll be on it after 2 or 3 games - it’s all about how quickly Haaland integrates because Grealish & Mahrez aren’t going to get them the goals they’ll need and Alveraz looks too short to play through the middle (he’s the same height as both Sterling and Raheem - so he’s tiny and I don’t think he can do the false 9 thing).

I think Pep’s head will explode early season if Haaland doesn’t start banging them in (he will).
Hmm Mahrez was their top scorer last season - 24 goals !

In terms of City readiness : I'm hearing this excuse a lot however it doesn't stack up. City came back to training the same time as everyone else (or top teams like us should I say). They stayed at home, bar 2 games in the USA, this means far less traveling (and jet lag / tiredness) however more importantly it means far more time on the training pitch and in their case it means better/stronger competition (look at the strength of their squad for 11 vs 11) than against some Aussie / Thai / US team. I actually think this was a deliberate decision to better prepare their squad, because they don't need the dinero touring brings in.

Last edited:

It was the first time I've ever used "spaffed".

That's my pregame post sorted

TAA is a liability.. Champions League Final all over again slow tracking back.

Am I the only one concerned about this continuing problem?

For reference, I don't see AR struggling to get back and giving away goals as often (happy to be wrong)
Let's not start this again. The way he plays in that position is taught in training and is integral to the way this team is a beast.

interesting.

I've watched this guy before and he's usually quite good. However this really doesn't make sense - he states Guardiola is the one making 6-7 tactical changes in the first 42 mins ! Come on - as if that's going to happen. What is far more likely is that it was just City players either not adhering to the team tactics, daydreaming or suddenly switching on to what they are supposed to be doing.

I've watched this guy before and he's usually quite good. However this really doesn't make sense - he states Guardiola is the one making 6-7 tactical changes in the first 42 mins ! Come on - as if that's going to happen. What is far more likely is that it was just City players either not adhering to the team tactics, daydreaming or suddenly switching on to what they are supposed to be doing.
You’re assuming Guardiola let’s his players do whatever they want in their pressing from goal kicks / when our goalkeeper starts the play.
I think they’re 100% instructed, as it’s not a 1 or 2 player press. Over half the team have to move very precisely depending on what happens per zone. I would very much assume Guardiola instructed them to setup differently multiple times during the game. This is Guardiola we’re talking about here.

I thought we looked more sharp and ready for the season than City. They've also only played 2 games prior to yesterday. No doubt that it will come down to a race between us for the title again.

Haaland will be very good for them, no doubt. But they will also have to adapt to playing with him in the team. Pep usually has a mini pre season in the first few games of the new season and West Ham away could be tricky for them given how off the pace they looked. Foden was arguably their best player after KDB attacking wise and he wasnt even on the US tour.

One thing that I noticed yesterday was the effect of pace in the side that the sales of Jesus and Sterling will have on City. Bar Haaland there wasnt much threat to our back four, and instead it was us that caught City out and had acres of space. Alvarez and Foden are decent when it comes to pace but that threat in behind is really lacking after those two sales. Will be interesting to see how it effects that part of the game for City going forward.
With Mahrez and Grealish it looked very pedestrian.

Really chuffed for Nunez. Great debut and the kid is oozing with confidence. Just perfect regarding to how quickly he can adapt to the league and our team.

Wonder if Klopp will do the same vs Fulham. Start with Firmino and then have Nunez come on after 60 mins when the game will be more open. He did however make a very strong case of starting the game.

I thought we looked more sharp and ready for the season than City. They've also only played 2 games prior to yesterday. No doubt that it will come down to a race between us for the title again.

Haaland will be very good for them, no doubt. But they will also have to adapt to playing with him in the team. Pep usually has a mini pre season in the first few games of the new season and West Ham away could be tricky for them given how off the pace they looked. Foden was arguably their best player after KDB attacking wise and he wasnt even on the US tour.

One thing that I noticed yesterday was the effect of pace in the side that the sales of Jesus and Sterling will have on City. Bar Haaland there wasnt much threat to our back four, and instead it was us that caught City out and had acres of space. Alvarez and Foden are decent when it comes to pace but that threat in behind is really lacking after those two sales. Will be interesting to see how it effects that part of the game for City going forward.
With Mahrez and Grealish it looked very pedestrian.

Really chuffed for Nunez. Great debut and the kid is oozing with confidence. Just perfect regarding to how quickly he can adapt to the league and our team.

Wonder if Klopp will do the same vs Fulham. Start with Firmino and then have Nunez come on after 60 mins when the game will be more open. He did however make a very strong case of starting the game.

Shitty will no doubt get better as time goes on, good for us to grab points early on once it all starts. it may take a little time for Haaland to gel. Doubt it will be too long though.

yeh a good option for Klopp to have ..it worked well Darwin coming off the bench if klopp does decide that..agree he is looking great and could go in from the off too by the looks of it. All in all I’m really looking forward to the season.. 🙂 imagine being us 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom