• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match: Man City (N) - Community Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
TAA is a liability.. Champions League Final all over again slow tracking back.

Am I the only one concerned about this continuing problem?

For reference, I don't see JR struggling to get back and giving away goals as often (happy to be wrong)
Who's JR?

I know man, and it's brilliant but I've just seen the same movie with TAA several times.
He's definitely careless at times and I hope the coaching team can get rid of that side of his game.
But a liability? If we ignore all of his chances created + actual assists, yeah of course. But I think we have to balance his best-in-the-world attacking fullback traits with his defending and at times careless passing.

Oh and it a change of dinner direction; after the game:

Pan seared cod (Couldn't get halibut) on brown butter cauliflower puree with corn, red pepper and leeks. Had it on holiday, was amazing. Want to master it.

This was nearly as good as seeing Nunez pop that third goal in.

Still a glorified friendly but it will shut down the shrill tones from Manchester, both sides, about Nūnez. The BBC had the temerity to say this, after weeks of riding on the “… Nūnez is a flop … ” bandwagon.

67 mins
Post update
Liverpool 1-0 Man City

Anyone taking to social media to doubt Haaland's credentials, especially on the basis of just 60-odd minutes of football for a new club needs to take a long, hard look at themselves.

I had a weird dream last night and in it we lost 5-1. As football never makes an appearance in my dreams - at least as far as I can recall - I am going to regard it as a premonition and bet my life savings on that scoreline.
Hope you didn’t place that bet !

We looked good.

Pretty normal tbh, creating chances, got a bit tired at times. Leaving spaces in behind with a high line and trent up the field.

But City give us space to attack into and we looked threatening.

I feel the key to this season will be being clinical. Last season we wasted too many chances with Mo and Sadio not linking well and bobby out of form for a lot of it.

1st half although we were ahead it was more of the same. Robbo guilty in particular.

3rd goal was lovely with all the players making the correct decision and being able to execute. If we can do this more often than last year, it will raise our level that tiny bit which when you keep losing by 1 point will make the difference.

Footballs back, the boys are back, the shuffle is back... LOVE IT!

Just have to say that for as much stick as Adrian got, he has to be one of the best, or the best, 3rd choice keepers in Europe.

His passing is poor, but did not cost us. Most of his poor passing was out to touch with one giveaway into the center of the pitch, but Ederson did that for us just a couple of years ago, as well.

His positioning was good all day long and he was unlucky to not hold on to the ball on the ground for their goal.

2c00c26a7756c41f7a89f0a381eafc16.jpg

Thiago taking his dog for a walk

Darwin's workrate is great however his finishing is looking an area for improvement going off his limited time with us. He definitely adds a little something to us , excited to see how he develops individually and also how he influence our play

Elliott had a great cameo , Diaz is fucking electric, Salah was quietly effective, Trent after 15 mins found his passing boots and a nice goal to boot, Adrian's distribution is dogshit and his shot handling not a lot better.VVD had haaland in his pocket for 97 minutes.

Robbo seriously needs some shooting practice , it's embarrassing for a top class footballer in any position to be so fucking poor Infront of goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom