• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool's pre-season schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone saying Virgil looked off in the Euros. Not very strange.

Virgil van Dijk's season is finally over, after playing 64 games for club and country; over 5,000 minutes - the third-highest number of minutes for any outfield player in world football.

For anyone saying Virgil looked off in the Euros. Not very strange.

Virgil van Dijk's season is finally over, after playing 64 games for club and country; over 5,000 minutes - the third-highest number of minutes for any outfield player in world football.
We could see it towards the end of the season. He needs to retire from international football.

I thought he was fine, considering Koeman and all Dutch legends that get on his back. He turns up for his country every game and they go to the semis. Now hopefully he gets some rest and switches off. I don't see him quitting Internationals anytime soon though/

Sepp has the look of teen who's been coerced into his attending his little sister's ballet performance and is desperately looking for the exit doors before anyone recognises him.
Looks like it's the last place he wants to be

So a wrap of our players on international duty (off the top of my head, likely with gaps)

- Virgil - played every game to the semis. Probably knackered/drained.
- Gakpo - joint golden boot. Nice playing time given he was stop/start all season. Nicely timed tourney for him.
- Macca - wins Copa America. Will be knackered, but hopefully buzzing.
- Diaz - played every game til the final. Few goals scored, but might come back like Salah after the AFCON he lost disheartened
- Nunez - found his fight. Let's see what he's like when he gets back. Scored some goals, missed some big chances. Nothing new.
- Trent - barely played.
- Jota - barely played
- Gomez - nada
- Gravenberch - nada
- Konate - nada
- Robertson - out in groups. Nice rest.
- Szobo - out in the groups.

So a few players getting useful time not playing, although it would have been better if they were just not out with their squads.

Virgil, Diaz & Macca will probably need the gentlest start to the season.

Virgil, Diaz & Macca will probably need the gentlest start to the season.

We need to be brave and give them time off until the end of August then bring them in slowly in September.

Just treat them as if they are injured and unavailable. Plan for it

Alisson, Darwin, Cody, Trent and Joe all need a break too and so we should be bringing them back Mid August to be ready to go end of August.

Again, plan for it.

Team for first few weeks (needs to adjiust for signings/leavers) should be something like:

Irish Kev; Robbo, Quansah, Ibou, Bradders; Endo, Szobo, Curtis; Jota, Salah, Harvey

I think we can manage Macca's minutes quite easily but Virgil less so. I guess Gakpo & Diaz can be rotated on the wing too.

Give Virgil time off.

Let him feel the hunger again - then put that contract in front of him.

Problem is that they want Neco Williams who is leaps better.
Let em have him:

243057.png.adapt.250w.png

i'd be impressed with guehi. Seems to have a very high ceiling. plus, home grown babybeeeee

Reactions: jan
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom