• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread [Friendly] Liverpool vs Arsenal - Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, July 31st 19:30 EDT (00:30 BST)

Seems to be a better actual resilience at the back though, we're defending in numbers and putting in a lot more challenges and blocks than we were, and compressing the space. The mistakes (as ever) are coming from pissing around with the ball too much. This could just be a personnel thing though, with certain players struggling with the change in system (Jones in particular).

I have maintained since minute 1 that Harvey is a 10, and in my eyes heir to the vacant David silva throne.

Here he is, pulling strings and laying on delightful assists.

This is gonna be a huge season for him and I'm here for the party

I'd like an unbiased but honest opinion on Jones as the 6. His ball retention skills are great, so in a theorised slot system he could excel there. How did he actually do?

I'd like an unbiased but honest option on Jones as the 6. His ball retention skills are great, so in a theorised slot system he could excel there. How did he actually do?
He fucked up once majorly, but yeah, he can transition into the role, you're always going to get players who struggle more than others to adapt, it's just difficult to find the right role for him. We need a left back and a deep playmaker majorly I reckon. Gordon would obviously be a good addition, but it doesn't really add up as we're heavy on left sided attackers.

He fucked up once majorly, but yeah, he can transition into the role, you're always going to get players who struggle more than others to adapt, it's just difficult to find the right role for him. We need a left back and a deep playmaker majorly I reckon. Gordon would obviously be a good addition, but it doesn't really add up as we're heavy on left sided attackers.
Saying that, it'll be interesting to see where Macca fits in too. He could be the deep lying playmaker, but then if he's further forward, who's expense is it at? Elliott? Szobo? It's a tough call to make.

I have maintained since minute 1 that The Boy is a 10, and in my eyes heir to the vacant David silva throne.

Here he is, pulling strings and laying on delightful assists.

This is gonna be a huge season for him and I'm here for the party

Are you the "Harvey Elliot Fan Club" President?

Perhaps Jones and Macca could rotate that "deep lying playmaker" role; providing they're next to a 6.

In my mind we've got a few types of midfielders, but no real idea of the system we play. Kind of felt klopp just tried to buy anything but force them in to "high press retention" midfielders

Ball winners - endo
Deep lying playmaker - Macca, maybe Jones, morton
Outright 8 - szob, Jones, gravy, Elliott
Press monster - Macca, Elliott, endo, stefan
Creative floaty 10s - szob, Elliott, Macca. Fabio, jones

It's going to be difficult as we've not got everyone back yet, not know how slot wants the mid to set up. The experiments seem to show the need for another destroyer type though - providing that's how slot wants us to play

I only managed to stay awake until 70 minutes, but I really enjoyed what I saw. Great stadium, looked packed, both teams were going for it, even in the hot weather.

We seemed to lose our way with the ball after the second half changes and it felt like a bodged together side, which it was, TBF, but I wasn't convinced we knew what we were doing in possession. We clearly had enough to hang on, though.

Arsenal put out a stronger side over the course of the 90 minutes, and the intensity was not far off a PL game, so we should be happy with the result. Kelleher was fortunate after some lapses but overall there wasn't a poor performance among them.

That corner routine is pretty standard, not sure what the fuss was about.

Amazing assists from Harvey and Salah showed pace, strength, awareness and coolness in front of goal to score.

Love it.

Well played and good result considering many first team players were missing, and Arsenal had almost their first players playing!
Quite impressed with the younger players in the latter part of the game, they did well too. I like the team play style and formation by Slot, and we hope he will do well. Good Luck

Anyone interested in stats? Its boding well.
Nice to see that 6 of the top 8 rated players were ours. Including the Top 3 (Elliott 8.6, Mo 7.7 and Carvalho 7.6).
Good to see Carvalho playing well. I still hope he can make it as I love to see the silky skills and ball control and creativity he has at times.

anyone else feel like stevie g is still on the pitch when the camera is zoomed right out and bradley has the ball?

Perhaps Jones and Macca could rotate that "deep lying playmaker" role; providing they're next to a 6.

In my mind we've got a few types of midfielders, but no real idea of the system we play. Kind of felt klopp just tried to buy anything but force them in to "high press retention" midfielders

Ball winners - endo
Deep lying playmaker - Macca, maybe Jones, morton
Outright 8 - szob, Jones, gravy, Elliott
Press monster - Macca, Elliott, endo
Creative floaty 10s - szob, Elliott, Macca. Fabio, jones

It's going to be difficult as we've not got everyone back yet, not know how slot wants the mid to set up. The experiments seem to show the need for another destroyer type though - providing that's how slot wants us to play
You forgot Bajcetic.

To be honest, this attitude was there from the very beginning, even when we signed him at 16. Some people just have it – Klopp saw it and certainly appreciated it and gave Hаrvey lots of playing time, even when he wasn't obviously the strongest option or positionally was somewhat of an awkward fit.

Very interesting to see how Slot will use him. I think Elliott would have fit Xabi Alonso's "double #10" system like a glove, but Slot relies on wingers more and Elliott is clearly most useful in the middle. We have an imbalance in the squad of having too many "creative #8/#10" types, but I think Elliott is one of the few who will definitely get his minutes and place in the team.

He’s really matured hasn’t he - his attitude and work ethic are absolutely top notch.

The Boy is becoming The Man.

Future captain if Trent fucks off?

Like Rurik said, he's always done things like this.. when he broke his leg, when he was in the hospital their was another kid with a broken leg. Harvey gave him his boots he was wearing rather than feeling sorry for himself, he was thinking of others.

Like Rurik said, he's always done things like this.. when he broke his leg, when he was in the hospital their was another kid with a broken leg. The Boy gave him his boots he was wearing rather than feeling sorry for himself, he was thinking of others.

I was thinking more about the time he got himself in a spot of bother dissuading mongy face at Spurs.

Didn’t he also get a serve from Klopp when he came back from the leg break for not putting enough effort in.

Last one I’m not sure about.

Anyway - always been a fan - I think he’s a cracking little player.

I do recall him refusing to get rid of his man bun (which Klopp hated) when he joined, saying he'd do it when he scored his first senior goal. So stupid.

But at the end of the day,....

He'll always less of a cunt than Curtis and Cavarlho.

Back
Top Bottom