• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread [Friendly] Manchester United (N), Williams-Brice Stadium, August 4th 19:30 EDT (00:30 BST)

Bradley makes me far more relaxed about whatever happens with Trent. He's impossible to replace fully, but Bradley offers in other areas and cost us zilch. Put it this way, if we invested £40m-£50m replacing Trent with Bradley then there would be few complaints about his level.

Thr academy and the loan director (or whatever it's called) deserve huge credit and have saved the club millions in recent years. In todays market Bradley, Quansah and Kelleher combined are easily £110m plus. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nyoni breaking through this season and being added to the list either.

I like that Bradley wants to take on his man. Run at him, take him on and make it difficult to defend. It’s a very different proposition to last seasons inverted RB role which was mostly focused on passing around defenders.

I would really like to see Trent as a midfielder with Bradley as the full back giving him options to unlock a defence. The two in combination could be lethal.

Blue boots!! Fuck him off

My biggest learning from watching highlights this morning is that we should consider growing a hedge around anfield - that will teach the moaners in rows 1-5

Bradley makes me far more relaxed about whatever happens with Trent. He's impossible to replace fully, but Bradley offers in other areas and cost us zilch. Put it this way, if we invested £40m-£50m replacing Trent with Bradley then there would be few complaints about his level.

Thr academy and the loan director (or whatever it's called) deserve huge credit and have saved the club millions in recent years. In todays market Bradley, Quansah and Kelleher combined are easily £110m plus. I wouldn't be shocked to see Nyoni breaking through this season and being added to the list either.
I'm honestly not sure what to think of Trent now. Bradley is coming for his spot.

I'm honestly not sure what to think of Trent now. Bradley is coming for his spot.
Nothing to think.

Trent is the 1 that needs to be doing the thinking, thinking about how he’s going to get his place back from Bradley.

Trent has nothing to worry about, if Bradley can step up and improve on his what he showed after the initial 6 weeks then we are the winners. His defending and ability to get a quicker ball in will be key, Trent was fantastic before he got injured. Excited to see the possibilities are there are enough games for both to offer variety.

I can answer B. He had zero preseason with Bayern before signing for us, had a few niggling injuries and never had a serious run of games to get fit. He was always playing catch up. He was also getting used to a new style of play in a league way faster than he’s ever played in before. He’s also still a kid.

Yet it was another good performance, all players have played very well, especially the youngsters in the second half, hopefully the rest of the senior players join in for the final pre-season preparation to be ready for the opening game, and also hope LFC can bring in one or two new signing!
Good Luck

I can answer B. He had zero preseason with Bayern before signing for us, had a few niggling injuries and never had a serious run of games to get fit. He was always playing catch up. He was also getting used to a new style of play in a league way faster than he’s ever played in before. He’s also still a kid.
Yeah, there's definitely a lot to be said for that theory. I remember something similar happening to Didi Hamann when he signed for us and we didn't really see his best form in his first season. Hopefully Gravenberch will kick on this year because he was mostly meh last year.

You know what's funny?

Gravy and Morty are the same age.

You know what's even funnier?

Some actually think Morton is better than Gravenberch.

That's because Grav is the fucking man. Not even that weasley bellend cunt that thinks he's Zidane comes close to him.

You know what's funny?

Gravy and Morty are the same age.

You know what's even funnier?

Some actually think Morton is better than Gravenberch.

Not really sure what your point is here. Gravenberch has been a pretty poor signing and he failed in his last move too, so the criticisms are valid. Morton is a ressie who's done ok and looked decent during preseason. But they are worlds apart in terms of market value and pedigree, unfortunately that doesn't automatically equate to Gravenberch being a success. But of a weird, random comparison to pluck out of thin air.

Grav had a good game against a patched up United side, he's got a long way to go, he's never made the game look that "effortless" in any of his other appearances for us, he was probably the reason we lost against Arsenal last season, he was so lazy and diabolically bad. His attitude stunk the joint out on a number of occasions last season too.

Not really sure what your point is here. Gravenberch has been a pretty poor signing and he failed in his last move too, so the criticisms are valid. Morton is a ressie who's done ok and looked decent during preseason. But they are worlds apart in terms of market value and pedigree, unfortunately that doesn't automatically equate to Gravenberch being a success. He had a good game against a patched up United side, he's got a long way to go, he's never made the game look that "effortless" in any of his other appearances for us, he was probably the reason we lost against Arsenal last season, he was so lazy and diabolically bad. His attitude stunk the joint out on a number of occasions last season too.

It's simple really Gravenberch had a tough time understanding how Klopp wanted him to play. When he finally started to figure it out towards the end of the season, he gets benched. It didn't make sense.

He's still a young player adapting to a different country and a different style of football.
Now he's got a Dutch coach in charge which will certainly help.

Gravenberch plays for the Dutch national team, he's more physically built for the Prem than Morton and he also has more experience of playing top flight football. There's no comparison between them. Gravy is hands down the better player and deserves the same patience we give other young players in the squad.

Even Fabinho was shite for the first 6 months of playing under Klopp and he was far more experienced than Gravvy. But I think the main difference is that in Slot’s system, based on what we’ve seen so far, the #6 sits closer with his midfield partner and doesn’t have to cover quite as much ground.

Gravvy did well against United in a friendly, but for sure he still has to prove he has the desire to do lots of off-the-ball work in real games and to be consistent. But I think he does have the talent and physicaly to succeed in that position under Slot.

Is anyone seriously falling into the trap of thinking pre season friendly form equates do not needing to fill positions. lol. Do we never learn?

Even Fabinho was shite for the first 6 months of playing under Klopp and he was far more experienced than Gravvy. But I think the main difference is that in Slot’s system, based on what we’ve seen so far, the #6 sits closer with his midfield partner and doesn’t have to cover quite as much ground.

Gravvy did well against United in a friendly, but for sure he still has to prove he has the desire to do lots of off-the-ball work in real games and to be consistent. But I think he does have the talent and physicaly to succeed in that position under Slot.
Fully agree.

He has the talent and physicality.

The question is does he have the concentration and desire (off the ball) to play the 6 role, or does he want to be the glory player in the number 8 role and probably have to compete against Szobo, Jones and Macca for the position. In the 6 role, he'd be up against an old Endo and a young Stefan.

In way similar to how Thiago went from an 8 at Barca, to a 6 at Bayern.

Back
Top Bottom