• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool VS Man City CL QF 1st leg pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fucking bricking it. Really dont know which way this match will go, but as Ryan says it will be at a blinding pace and it will be interesting to see how our players handles the pressure.

It will be a magical night though, no doubt.
This is what we have been craving for such a long time, lets just enjoy it.

We do not play this game free of pressure. We are Liverpool, European royalty– 5 european cups and 3 UEFA cups. Man City have 1 cup winner's cup. Yes, they're swimming in Arab money, they're supposedly the best thing since sliced bread and we haven't won owt in years, but I think there will always be expectation on us in these big European nights, and rightly so.

True, and I know we have VVD now so we should be even stronger than the last game, however they have Silva back for this game, and he's just on a different level, and I don't think we have any way to deal with him.

True, and I know we have VVD now so we should be even stronger than the last game, however they have Silva back for this game, and he's just on a different level, and I don't think we have any way to deal with him.

Will you calm down and stop with the hysterics? Silva is a dangerous player and who knows, he might be great for them over these ties. But to say we don't have any way to deal with him is madly over the top. He has been at City since 2010-11 and we are all aware of our relatively strong record against them in that period. We have dealt with him on numerous occasions, and with significantly weaker sides than this.

I have butterflies already. I can't wait for this day to be over and to get my first pint in. Countdown to the line ups is on.

I like what Klopp is saying there...

To be honest win or lose as long as we give 100% and we get the noise going even if i'm feeling gutted wallowing in the puddle of defeat i'm alright with that... 100% and that includes the crowd... get behind em...

Talking about luck... We've basically had nothing but bad luck this season with regards to refs... numerous dodgy pens against and clear pens not given etc, shitty obvious offside equaliser in game 1...

City on the other and have had some good luck roll their way... 98th minute winner in a game with only 6 minutes extra time for example... maybe just maybe we are due some good luck...

City have been brilliant this season and rightly deserve to be top of the league but when we have played to our best we've been as good as any team in the world, they certainly didn't get lucky drawing us in the quarters... we are that dangerous...

We are not perfect across the pitch but when our out of form "weakest" striker this season, Mane, is actually an absolute killer who can ping in unstoppable rocket goals the truth is no other team is anywhere near as good as we can be as a collective this season and I reckon with a noisy atmosphere and some lethal attacking and hopefully a good ref we can fucking do these...

I want a no-look finish from Firmino followed by his customary kung-fu roundhouse celebration.

A Messi-esque like dance finished gracefully by Salah plus one of his calm collected execution finishing shot... scoring nice and calm.. as if it's easy...

I want Mane to be fully awake and release another blasting unstoppable shot like he did last time we did em... or perhaps 2... just to give us a cushion for the away leg...

As a bonus I'd also like Hendo to fire one in like he did against Chelsea away last year, not just because it would help us through to the next round but because it would annoy the fuck out of Modo.

Man City?? Who are they? Fuck em...

Anyway regardless.... tombrown's has dreamed it... it's a flippin guarantee...

Will you calm down and stop with the hysterics? Silva is a dangerous player and who knows, he might be great for them over these ties. But to say we don't have any way to deal with him is madly over the top. He has been at City since 2010-11 and we are all aware of our relatively strong record against them in that period. We have dealt with him on numerous occasions, and with significantly weaker sides than this.

The good Doc trying to calm Mystic down:

Anyone know a website or an online service where I could watch the recording of the match as soon as it's finished?

I have to work at an event which ends at the same time as the match so I thought I'd try watching it when I get back home.

Anyone??

This is going to be a fucking nuts game. Two teams going toe to toe. City are the better team obviously but at Anfield the red tide will be a massive factor. Let's have it!

We need to remember that Guardiola has not got a good record against Klopp. Their teams have played each other loads of times and Klopp has the better record. Klopp has always, obviously, managed the underdog- the lesser funded and star-spangled team. I'd imagine he's the only manager in the world who has played Guardiola on multiple occasions and has a positive record. Add to that that we've got a strong record against City and especially at Anfield, and you have to realise that we actually have a great chance of doing these. We're kryptonite to them.

A monster tackle by Robertson or VVD on Sterling in the first few minutes will send waves through Anfield and the place will be rocking.
Two of my mates traveled over today and will be in the Kop. I'm so fucking jealous.

David Silva has been dazzling of late. In fact De Bruyne seems to have lost abit of his range.

We keep these 2 quiet and we'll win.

It's beginning to look a lot like another famous Champions League night..

I really think we're in for a treat, whether that means a win, a draw or a loss who knows, but the game itself could be a real blockbuster I believe. Breath-taking end to end stuff and lots of goals.

LIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Oh and saw this, didn't exactly make me any less excited about it all.. (oh and slightly confused too, why the use of 'Allez' apart from the obv fact it sounds boss in a song.. thought the English hated all things French to be honest)?

Last edited:
Can’t fucking wait. Taking my boy to see the coaches arriving before we go in - he is buzzing.

Win or lose I just want a cracking atmosphere so he can feel what it is like on these nights, a victory would be the icing.
Sounds daHuge.. have a great night out with your lad!!

It's beginning to look a lot like another famous Champions League night..

I really think we're in for a treat, whether that means a win, a draw or a loss who knows, but the game itself could be a real blockbuster I believe. Breath-taking end to end stuff and lots of goals.

Oh and saw this, didn't exactly make me any less excited about it all.. (oh and slightly confused, why the use of 'Allez' apart from the obv fact it sounds boss in a song.. thought the English hated all things French to be honest)?

As "Ring of Fire" was to 2005, so "Allez Allez Allez" will be to 2018. I can picture 3/4 of the Kiev stadium singing that as the team do our lap of honour

Its our year

I'm quite nervous, but I'd be a lot worse if it wasn't over two legs, because regardless of what happens tonight, City away is going to be a fucking nightmare.

Hopefully Anfield can show these wankers what a proper big club looks and sounds like, I fucking hate them and their knobhead manager.

It's MOTHERFUCKIN game day!

Just starting to get amped up now. Have been pretty chill about the match thus far but now that it's a few hours away I'm feeling the nerves. Ditching work for the afternoon to watch it in a pub with some other supporters, haven't done that in a while but this is a proper occasion. Let's do these shits .

Ryan has a point regarding them being ready for us this time. Other teams tried the same type of press as us following our win but failed. The solution is easy for them ... when they have the ball at the back and are passing it around they have been told to pass to specific individuals who will be free from the pressing and waiting at a specific position. I saw in the their game against west ham .. a back line city player just pass without looking...knowing someone would be at that position. It was clearly a way to overcome the issue they found with us.

For us i think we need to keep our heads cool and just keep the fucking ball and stop any of their build up. We shouuld not be attempting to play at 100mph .. its mad and tiring and we will lose control of the game.
Haha as if it is that easy, no matter who you are. There is a reason why our high press is so successful and it's not because it is as simple to overcome as you are suggesting.

Can’t fucking wait. Taking my boy to see the coaches arriving before we go in - he is buzzing.

Win or lose I just want a cracking atmosphere so he can feel what it is like on these nights, a victory would be the icing.

0474048541b793481448fb34867e50bb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom