• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool VS Man City CL QF 1st leg pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m torn on that one. Lovren on a good day is much better than Matip and would be vital in keeping the danger out alongside VVD. By the same token he could have a complete brain fart moment.
I’m leaning towards wanting Lovren to play right now..

Yeah, it's a tricky call. Lovren has been excellent in many games this season, but when he has a bad game, he's all over the shop like a tranquilised horse and we ship goals.

At his best he is better than the largely mediocre Matip, but either is a risky shout.

As for TAA, he's been fucking shite against Rashford and Zaha, so it seems an easy call to drop him against Sane, but is Clyne ready? He's been out for yonks. And TAA has great pace and a better attacking game than Clyne, even if Clyne is a far better defender.

Finally, the Shithouse Ghost. Again, on the display he just gave, it would be obvious to drop him, but Henderson was only marginally better, and Can is injured. And while Chamberlain seems an obvious replacement, he's hardly Mr Reliable either

I'd have started Lovren and told him to be our deepest lying defender, send VVD up to win all the headers, because Matip is fucking shit every game now and Lovren is 50/50 - and most of his mistakes come from trying to win headers he's got no chance of getting.

Prob is, Lovren just did that interview. It's a game changer.

Matip constantly find himself out of position. Look at the penalty incident yesterday. No where near the duell and leave the opening for Zaha to run in.
But he tends to keep his head such as it is after a mistake. If Lovren makes one, that’s pretty much that as he will chase the ball to atone.

TAA was shit. Matip wasn't much better. But then you're such a fucking weapon, you probably think Matip is a better defender than Jamie Carragher was.
I think Gareth Southgate was a better defender thann Carra ever dreamed of being.

Last edited:
I'd have started Lovren and told him to be our deepest lying defender, send VVD up to win all the headers, because Matip is fucking shit every game now and Lovren is 50/50 - and most of his mistakes come from trying to win headers he's got no chance of getting.

Prob is, Lovren just did that interview. It's a game changer.

But do we expect a lot of aerial duells against City? Jesus seem good in the air, but normally the keep the ball on the ground and play around teams. In that kind of game Matip can be a bit slow?

Every time I sigh, you can just about hear 'oh fuck off Modo, you cunt' in a faint, weary voice

Happens all the time. I was in the queue for a baguette earlier and some old dear was fucking about at the till with her purse and I did a little sigh and she turned around and scowled at me.

Cheers Modo. Thanks a fucking bunch.

*oh fuck off Modo, you cunt*

SEE?! Jesus.

Nah, Rijkaard is the champ.
Carra is still the undisputed coin tosser though.

I didn't mention Rijkaard. This was a straight up fight between Carra and McLaren.

And while Carra may have been the best professional footballer at throwing change into a crowd, you clearly didn't see the bags of 2ps that everyone used to take to Old Trafford.

Off topic rant:

Ha. I got stuck behind some old woman doing that in the supermarket yesterday.

What pissed me of more is she had pulled out a contactless Debit card to count out the fucking exact change.

Just tap the fucking card & get out of the fucking way!

I have a complete hatred for coins now, there's really no reason for them to exist. Notes are needed, of course, cos how else would you buy drugs, but fuck coins off completely.

You can tap your nfc smart watch/fitness bracelet, phone or debit card anywhere now, so let's fuck this antiquated shite off.

Off topic rant:

Ha. I got stuck behind some old woman doing that in the supermarket yesterday.

What pissed me of more is she had pulled out a contactless Debit card to count out the fucking exact change.

Just tap the fucking card & get out of the fucking way!

I have a complete hatred for coins now, there's really no reason for them to exist. Notes are needed, of course, cos how else would you buy drugs, but fuck coins off completely.

You can tap your nfc smart watch/fitness bracelet, phone or debit card anywhere now, so let's fuck this antiquated shite off.

What about homeless people and buying chewing gum in a newsagent? Both are better suited to a coin-based economy

Charity boxes should have a contactless card thingy on them with a button for 50p £1 £2 etc. That way I could actually give to them instead of not being able to as I very rarely carry cash.

I literally only carry cash now when I go to the pub, out drinking, or buying drugs. I fucking hate cash, its really bloody inconvenient.

I also hate that cash machines don't allow use to use your phone, despite it being more secure than a card, cos it'd mean I could ditch having to carry the card round as well as my phone then.

My mate Kev who sits next to me at the match and does mortgages and shit told me when we stood in the Harry a couple of weeks ago that one of his 'this mortgage is obv going to go through' people got knocked back by Natwest coz they spend hardly fuck all a month on online gambling, as it's seen as an addictive behaviour that could spiral. He said it's been mentioned to him before over the years but this is the first time it's ever been given as the only reason. The obvious solution to this issue is to use cash. Or be like me and not have deposited any money in an online betting account for over two years coz I'm so fucking great at it.

I think most allow you to use Paypal... so it does seem a bit arbritrary.

He did also say that Natwest are fucking weird.

I have no idea who we have who can contain Sane/Silva in that left channel, with the form they're in.

I can't see Clyne coming back nor do I have any faith in TAA.

Perhaps Can? Maybe Milner? We're really struggling there.

Ox or Milner if not Clyne and if not Ox then play him in midfield on the right to double up

I’d also keep the same back 4.
Matip may not be more than a solid 5,5-7 in the games he plays but I’d rather have that then Lovren with 3-8 displays and not knowing if Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde will turn up.

Nah we need 8/9 all over the pitch. At least Lovren is capable of that.

I don't think Matip is.

We have to gamble on the team that has the potential to play out of its skin

Nah we need 8/9 all over the pitch. At least Lovren is capable of that.

I don't think Matip is.

We have to gamble on the team that has the potential to play out of its skin

Lovren could easily be 2-3 in that game as well. Not worth the risk

Charity boxes should have a contactless card thingy on them with a button for 50p £1 £2 etc. That way I could actually give to them instead of not being able to as I very rarely carry cash.

I literally only carry cash now when I go to the pub, out drinking, or buying drugs. I fucking hate cash, its really bloody inconvenient.

I also hate that cash machines don't allow use to use your phone, despite it being more secure than a card, cos it'd mean I could ditch having to carry the card round as well as my phone then.

I was gobsmacked when 8 taxis in a row in Limerick at the train station only accepted cash/coins. No cc facility at all.

I was like wtf?

I rarely ever use cash in Oz, pay wave everything.

WTF are some of you people on suggesting Milner / Ox / Henderson at RB? Fuck me has FF or Woland been splashing their drugs around?!

It wouldn't come as a complete surprise to see Clyne thrown as he was supposed to be have been excellent for the U23s but I think he'll start vs Everton and maybe ready to start the Away leg at the Etihad. AA will start at Anfield.

Completely torn over RCB. Maybe Matip for his cooler head and will hopefully put in an improvement on his CP outing.

Can has to start if fit. He's only missed a game so it's not a big deal to throw him back into the fray. Ox and Milner would be my other two but I can see Klopp going with Henderson, Can and Milner at RCM to give more protection to AA. I think Ox can do that just as well though and he's got the extra pace to get back without resorting to hacking Sane's legs off.

Can't even begin to call this one until I see how we are set up and who shows up on the night !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom