• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the CL, that is the best we can hope for. Though we are consistently pushing our problems to the next window.

Well - if we sign Thuram & Van de Ven then we have a full compliment of 17 Overseas players for or EPL squad - so any additional signings would need to be born after Jan 1 2002 or Homegrown.

Unless we start selling some oldies.

For Bluebells sake - Veiga was born after 1 Jan 2002, so we could sign him as well (in theory).

Amusingly someone has edited his his current club to Luton Town on Wikipedia.

Well - if we sign Thuram & Van de Ven then we have a full compliment of 17 Overseas players for or EPL squad - so any additional signings would need to be born after Jan 1 2002 or Homegrown.

For Bluebells sake - Veiga was born after 1 Jan 2002, so we could sign him as well (in theory).

I am asking due to ignorance, is he a talent which screams superstar or demands put me on the pitch and you will reap the benefits in a year?

We already have Elliott, Jones, Bajcetic who are projects at different level. While all of them have shown promise there are still doubts about whether they are of the level which will demand first team spot in a few years. I am being harsh on Bajcetic but we haven't seen enough to make that assessment.

If we end up buying Veiga, will he end up being another of those about whom we harbor doubts about whether it is worth pandering to his development for future benefits? I have the same doubts about Thuram also, by the way.

Just a reminder Curtis is playing in the U21 game for England right now vs Israel. What a player !!!

Singing of Thor (The Norse God of Lightening and Thunder) was always a likely probability. I've always maintained that we need minimum of 3 new MFs, Now I'd like to know will they sign a MF after him?
Agree, if we sign Kone then we challenge. For all the doubters ... it does not make sense that you would have been happy with 19 year old Jude, but doubtful of quality regarding Kone or a Thuram. Incidentally Kone has had his duel with Jude and he dis not look to bad against him.

Complement. Sigh. I'm assuming this was just a spell check error 😛

Israel are not winning though, Jones running that midfield.
He's not running anything though, he's walking it along with Gibbs White and Gomes.....Israel are letting them do anything without any resistance.

Israel not good enough, England and Jones not even out of 2nd gear for that game. Brilliant perdormance by Jones, only gave the ball away once and that wqs in 88th minute. What a player we have !!!

Got a lot of talented players don't they, the French.

Think of all the young players already at the senior international level that could be playing here.

Check this out for a wrath of midfield talent - Kone Thuram Le Fee Chotard Olise Cacqueret Tuchoameni Camavinga

After the first 9 mins I can say that they have been very impressive, on the bench
Thats good, we know now that both have the ability to demonstrate a level of patience, and are able to observe. Also because they can sit on a bench, we can definitely say that both have well conditioned arses, so the quarter of their medical is done.

Who knew that the collective noun for midfield talent was "wrath"? You learn something new every day ...

If his current club will not release him, then hopefully Jorge's moved on. No point pushing for a player that can't come to us

Of course they wish to keep him. He's a good player. It's up to us to actually fucking buy him
he is a brilliant player but IF the reports are right we constrained by a budget which is far less than desired, then we have to move on. I can imagine Nice now saying we would rather keep him unless you pay us X plus more. The worry for me is we spend too much time on this deal and then don't have enough time to go for the other targets

Is it really worth reading anything into ‘anfield watch’ saying they want to hang on to him. The stories before this u21 tournament were that nothing would happen until after so it’s likely nonsense for views on a dead story or Nice encouraging more money to change their minds.

nice are negotiating

we will be back with another bid
the players rep will make a bit of subtle noise
we sign him

If anyone is not aware, Nice are owned by INEOS, led by Jim Ratcliffe. A massive Man United fan and the guy bidding for the club. I doubt he would be overly involved in the outgoings of players, but it doesn't give off the vibe they're going to hand him over on a silver platter, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom