• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS I go AWOL for a couple of days, return and see 7 pages added and think there is movement in this transfer.
However the only movement was Moron squeezing out another one and everyone else mopping up after him. Sigh.
@Frogfish - they keep having a go at my Curtis, so I have to defend him. Apologies, but on Thuram, looks like hes going to Newcastle now, lad was asking for too much money, and we have decided hes the wrong typebof player after all. We move.

FFS I go AWOL for a couple of days, return and see 7 pages added and think there is movement in this transfer.
However the only movement was Moron squeezing out another one and everyone else mopping up after him. Sigh.

It's alright, nobody missed you.

If anyone's interested
F0XX0FjXsAAGDQn

If a player is asking for crazy wages (compared to what we are paying our other players) and the fee is excessive compared to our valuation it's the sensible option to walk away.
He was on £14k/w, what's too high? We should walk away from Lavia too then as Southampton are asking for something we can't give, right?

He was on £14k/w, what's too high? We should walk away from Lavia too then as Southampton are asking for something we can't give, right?
You have no idea. Supposedly Lavia has already agreed personal terms so obviously not too high

If Thuram and his agent have priced themselves out of a move then that's on them. We can complain about our transfer budget but the wage budget has been pretty generous over the years, and we've always raised contracts to players deserving of them. It's a shame because he looks like a very good player in the making.

Obviously, the fact we want to pay 2019 prices for 2023 players doesn't help matters either.

If Thuram and his agent have priced themselves out of a move then that's on them. We can complain about our transfer budget but the wage budget has been pretty generous over the years, and we've always raised contracts to players deserving of them. It's a shame because he looks like a very good player in the making.

Obviously, the fact we want to pay 2019 prices for 2023 players doesn't help matters either.
That last bit is so true, but also agree with your sentiment about the wage structure. Also based on his performances in u21 its hard to assess him as a player who has a high ceiling, i have the feeling he does not follow instructions to the full.

Wasn’t Fabrizo who was tweeting pre Euros that Thuram’s personal contracts are no problem and already agreed? Maybe I imagined that at the time.

Wasn’t Fabrizo who was tweeting pre Euros that Thuram’s personal contracts are no problem and already agreed? Maybe I imagined that at the time.
Nah, they all said it like we were gonna sign Kone and Thuram as soon as u21 euros was over. All bollox or we lost interest due to their asking price and our own valuation given Thurams age, and league he plays in. We have more reliable stats for szob to suggest he is worth the extra premium.

You just need to revisit the first few pages on this thread and you'll find the main culprits of spreading BS stories the first chance they get.

-RMC Sport
-L'Equipe
-Goal.com
-Jac Talbot
& some random guy called Santi Aouna from Foot Mercato.

You have no idea. Supposedly Lavia has already agreed personal terms so obviously not too high
With Thuram, if they'd walk away saying Thuram Snr and Agent fees were too high.. then fair enough. However, I find it hard to believe he was asking for anything exorbitant since he was on 14k/w and was still in the French U21s. Judging by the Lavia deal, where there is only few millions difference and we are begging that they give us this discount.
If players are over budget, and the selling club isn't going to be flexible, move on to another target. I almost wish Chelsea would come in and take Lavia so we can move on.

With Thuram, if they'd walk away saying Thuram Snr and Agent fees were too high.. then fair enough. However, I find it hard to believe he was asking for anything exorbitant since he was on 14k/w and was still in the French U21s. Judging by the Lavia deal, where there is only few millions difference and we are begging that they give us this discount.
If players are over budget, and the selling club isn't going to be flexible, move on to another target. I almost wish Chelsea would come in and take Lavia so we can move on.
You and Southampton both. Likely Chelsea is still thinking about splurging £105 million on Fernandez and thinking …. nah. Liverpool can get rinsed this time.

You just need to revisit the first few pages on this thread and you'll find the main culprits of spreading BS stories the first chance they get.

-RMC Sport
-L'Equipe
-Goal.com
-Jac Talbot
& some random guy called Santi Aouna from Foot Mercato.

The whole DM search feels random.
I doubt these guys know anything related to why we didn’t pursue this further, more likely we spent our load already, everything else is pure speculation.

The whole DM search feels random.
I doubt these guys know anything related to why we didn’t pursue this further, more likely we spent our load already, everything else is pure speculation.
Of course they don't, even if they did you really think they'd report it.....no, because it doesn't generate clicks.

Just have to wait until slow news Joyce & Ornstein are given something concrete.

It doesn't matter one iota what you 'believe' if the information coming from the club contradicts that. Of course nobody really knows except those involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom