• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry BB, I'm sure you'll have your heart set on someone else by this time tomorrow.

There are many many many.....many players out there with an impeccable injury record that want to join us.

Maybe we looked to the u21 tournament for validation, weren't too impressed with either Thuram Kone Veiga or Gravenburch and looked elsewhere? If that's the case then maybe we're got our eye on a few that are left in the SF's.
We were strongly linked to this guy.. If we are only getting a total of 3 players it seems our budget is around £130m

In 2019, Chelsea had 40 plus players on loan.
Haha.

Obviously I wasn't suggesting we match what they do with academy like for like but go some way to improve or at least give more focus to what we are.....I think there's a lot of work to be done there.

It's ok if none of them end up being a Trent, Sterling orrrrr....I can't even think of a foreign kid we signed that's gone on to do wonders tbh so I'll just say Coutinho as he's the closest in terms of age and price, it'd be more of a statement to show that the LFC academy is 1 of the places to be to progress.

Your clearly a Lavia supporter - I stick by what I said, if he was truly that wonderful then he should have made a difference. Guarantee he will cost us, and it should be obvious he is all Action first, thinking second - with the way he laid on that pass for Jotta. Selective memory for all you Lavia supporters.
Thuram can't play as a 6 at all though. He's more an attacking midfielder with how he plays so high up the pitch. Lavia plays as a DM. So obviously lavia is the better pick.[emoji2377]

We were strongly linked to this guy.. If we are only getting a total of 3 players it seems our budget is around £130m
As we were the other 3.....it'sgoo that old saying which clearly people need to pay more attention to that you shouldn't take every journo's word for gospel.

All these guys like Ben Jacobs, Florian Plettigoal, David Lynch, Neil Jones, David Ornstein, Rudi Galetti don't know jack.

Thuram can't play as a 6 at all though. He's more an attacking midfielder with how he plays so high up the pitch. Lavia plays as a DM. So obviously lavia is the better pick.[emoji2377]

Thuram said himself that he can play as an 6 and 8. But yeah, Lavia seems the best fit for the 6 role.
He will also count as Homegrown in the future.

Not debating that point. But the thing is there is a safety in numbers approach. The spend a decent chunk of money hoovering up youth talent, wages etc. Yes, when Mount, Loftus Cheek, Tomori works out, they get significantly higher returns. But their approach was Abramovich's way of getting past the FFP. We dont have that money to spend on youth teams, not to that extent without sacrificing first team expenditures.

It is like couple of my friends who told me if I had only invested 20000 among multiple tech companies in 2008-2010, I could have retired by now. That is correct, but I would need to not eat for a year to have 20000 to invest in tech companies in 2008-2010.
I think you need to rein in your food budget a little!

I think you need to rein in your food budget a little!

Next you will be telling me to rein in my mid morning snack

beautiful-wedding-feast-in-nature-abundance-of-meals-on-a-table-H0C147.jpg

Thuram said himself that he can play as an 6 and 8. But yeah, Lavia seems the best fit for the 6 role.
He will also count as Homegrown in the future.
Yeah I don't overly know where this "thuram can't play as a 6" thing has come from. Because he has, he's said he can, and has all the attributes to play that role well

Maybe… just maybe… we should consider sending Badgertits out on loan for a year if we sign Lavia.

But Chelsea also scouted the likes of James, Mount, Loftus Cheek, Hudson Odoi, Gallagher, Abraham, Tomori, Chalobah, Guehi, Colwill for nothing and made a fortune out of it. How do they do it? They must have scouts who work non-stop to make the academy better.

If we can’t scale up like that nationally or even locally then it wouldn’t hurt to set aside 5m each summer for talents to go straight into our u21s for a year or 2…like we did Sterling, Doak and Bajcetic. More of these types.

Don’t know about “better” scouts as such - all the Chelsea players you’ve listed grew up in or around London, except for Colwill who grew up in Southampton.

Same with the majority of Arsenal players you mentioned.

That’s one of the reasons they get so many good youths - the pool they pick from is vastly greater in size than ours.

Don’t know about “better” scouts as such - all the Chelsea players you’ve listed grew up in or around London, except for Colwill who grew up in Southampton.

Same with the majority of Arsenal players you mentioned.

That’s one of the reasons they get so many good youths - the pool they pick from is vastly greater in size than ours.

Yeah....think we may have had this discussion before Stevie.

They may have a greater pool to pick from, but they seem to pick pretty well.....Mount grew up in Portsmouth yet somehow ended up at Chelsea aged 7.

They may have a greater pool to pick from, but they seem to pick pretty well.....Mount grew up in Portsmouth yet somehow ended up at Chelsea aged 7.

I’m sure we have - according to Wikipedia - Mount’s dad had him training with Portsmouth & Chelsea aged 4.

They’re obviously very good at it and have programs running all over the place to pick up and attract kids - I’d imagine the population density means they can run multiple youth teams in different local leagues as feeder teams (if that’s how they do it).

City & Utd also tend to seem to hoover up a lot of NW talent.

Interestingly, the closest “football school” run by a Premier League club near me in Melbourne is run by…. Liverpool.

I’m sure we have - according to Wikipedia - Mount’s dad had him training with Portsmouth & Chelsea aged 4.

They’re obviously very good at it and have programs running all over the place to pick up and attract kids - I’d imagine the population density means they can run multiple youth teams in different local leagues as feeder teams (if that’s how they do it).

Interestingly, the closest “football school” run by a Premier League club near me in Melbourne is run by…. Liverpool.

Send the Aussies our way!!!

The last 1 didn't work out too well....actually none of them have tbh but it's time the Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie OI OI OI barmy army started making a name for
themselves in football.

You can smash our arses in the cricket all you like but no one here watches that!!!!!

Send the Aussies our way!!!

The last 1 didn't work out too well....actually none of them have tbh but it's time the Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie OI OI OI barmy army started making a name for
themselves in football.

You can smash our arses in the cricket all you like but no one here watches that!!!!!

You haven’t ventured into the Other Spirts thread, have you?

Nah. That whole section is dead, plus no one is bothering with my Wimbledon thread which gives me even less of a reason to!!!!

Everybody’s too busy watching the Aussies bum the poms to watch outdoor ping pong.

The school that my son will join here in one of the heartlands of Essex, - Chelsea rep comes along for after school clubs. I think we don't have the network that these London clubs have.

The school that my son will join here in one of the heartlands of Essex, - Chelsea rep comes along for after school clubs. I think we don't have the network that these London clubs have.

It's clear we don't.....we're failing our academy.

Since Mcmana Fowler Owen Carra Stevie, we had to go another 20 years almost until we found the next big star & we're seeing it again now, 7 years have elapsed since Trent burst on the scene & nothing really.

Last edited:

Just as an FYI, these overseas Academies are typically just licences - local academy pays a fee for access to some insight on coaching methods, right to use logo etc. The deal may include the possible secondment of academy coaches from the club or the occasional appearance from a club legend for PR purposes, but the coaches are typically sessional workers who don't have a regular involvement at the club's own academy. The club itself won't run the local academy and typically won't take any kids on trial unless they come with a VERY strong recommendation. They're not really feeders in any conventional sense and not part of any scouting network.

Just as an FYI, these overseas Academies are typically just licences - local academy pays a fee for access to some insight on coaching methods, right to use logo etc. The deal may include the possible secondment of academy coaches from the club or the occasional appearance from a club legend for PR purposes, but the coaches are typically sessional workers who don't have a regular involvement at the club's own academy. The club itself won't run the local academy and typically won't take any kids on trial unless they come with a VERY strong recommendation. They're not really feeders in any conventional sense and not part of any scouting network.

Thst’s ok - if the little one takes after me in terms of footballing skills he’d be as well not bothering and heading off with his mum instead to do amateur dramatics.

If I can get him to pull on a red shirt in a practice game for an obscure LFC Franchise Under 4 practice game - I’ll take that as a win.

It’s more likely he’ll be on here crying about zero net spend, not signing enough midfielders and how his old man’s a twat that won’t invite him to Top Red Meetings or let him drink his Riesling!!!

Yeah down my way, every kid in South says they are part of the Chelsea youth setup. Nice little setup for Chelsea but a massive con.

They would have an excellent midfield TBF. I have my doubts over tonali, but with Bruno and thuram as well that it quite good

They would have an excellent midfield TBF. I have my doubts over tonali, but with Bruno and thuram as well that it quite good
They would have one big set of midfielders with both skill and physical presence. We really are idiots for not going in for him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom