• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't believe we'll get Lavia, Thuram and a CB. It'll be 2 of the 3, no doubt one of which will be a CB.
Neither do I and only because Klopp won’t countenance too many changes even if they’re warranted. This will be a rebuilding seas.

Bayern’s summer has been spent being second place to most targets. Curious transfer window for them, almost united like.

24a8tmxdow9b1.jpg

David Lynch is saying the same thing. Realistically it makes sense. We need lavia more than thuram. We don't have Arab money where we can afford thuram or Dom on the bench. Whereas lavia would be a good long term replacement for fabinho.

Really disappointing - picking Lavia over Thuram
A lot of people I’ve seen prefer Lavia over him, personally I wouldn’t be too bothered if we swerved past both.

Would prefer a more powerhouse signing like Ndidi, also has prem experience and would cost a fraction of the price.

Sorry is this for real ? Have we really ended this ? That is terrible news if we have, hes placed mostbof his games as a DM, and only last 2 seasons been turned into an 8. He has the perfect physique and skill set to be a modern DM. Now this really pisses me off, I want a big guy in that midfield to support Sobz, and Mac10

A lot of people I’ve seen prefer Lavia over him, personally I wouldn’t be too bothered if we swerved past both.

Would prefer a more powerhouse signing like Ndidi, also has prem experience and would cost a fraction of the price.

A lot of those people are wrong, they watch his combative skill moves and dont see the bigger picture which is simply that Lavia lacks the thinking and positioning required of a DM. He aint no where near enough to be trusted as a DM for us, if he was that good, no way City dont buy back, and no way clubs like Arsenal pull out. Also, think about his role in Southampton, your DM is supposed to protect your defence, they are relegated, and you could make the case for him but if he haf anything about him as a DM he should have at least made a difference in being the man that stopped Southampton from losing games.

A lot of those people are wrong, they watch his combative skill moves and dont see the bigger picture which is simply that Lavia lacks the thinking and positioning required of a DM. He aint no where near enough to be trusted as a DM for us, if he was that good, no way City dont buy back, and no way clubs like Arsenal pull out. Also, think about his role in Southampton, your DM is supposed to protect your defence, they are relegated, and you could make the case for him but if he haf anything about him as a DM he should have at least made a difference in being the man that stopped Southampton from losing games.
He's 19 and won player of the season when all of those around him were playing like Sunday leaguers. Whether he's the right player or not, marking him down for not singlehandedly keeping Southampton up is sheer folly. Honestly, don't be such a moron, moron.

I have sneered at some of his performances (Lavia) myself, but as an Arsenal fan put it, at 19 years old he was Southampton's Player of the Year "in the hardest position in the world, for the worst team, as the youngest weekly starter, in the hardest league in the world".

He doesn't have the mentality of a DM but neither does Thuram. I don't think we were ever intending to get a purely defensive midfielder. Otherwise, Ugarte would have been a no brainer. Would I have preferred Thuram? Maybe, yes, but Lavia is a big catch.

He's 19 and won player of the season when all of those around him were playing like Sunday leaguers. Whether he's the right player or not, marking him down for not singlehandedly keeping Southampton up is sheer folly. Honestly, don't be such a moron, moron.

Your clearly a Lavia supporter - I stick by what I said, if he was truly that wonderful then he should have made a difference. Guarantee he will cost us, and it should be obvious he is all Action first, thinking second - with the way he laid on that pass for Jotta. Selective memory for all you Lavia supporters.

Well Hull got relegated with him in defense. Good job we did not do anything mental like buying someone like him who was supposed to make a difference.

7df8c40b9dbd5f48468ca96c25d19a65ded4df00.jpg

I have no clue how good or bad Lavia is? But let us not use the his team got relegated argument to beat him down. Gini, Robertson played valuable roles in our rise and came from relegated teams.

Sorry is this for real ? Have we really ended this ? That is terrible news if we have, hes placed mostbof his games as a DM, and only last 2 seasons been turned into an 8. He has the perfect physique and skill set to be a modern DM. Now this really pisses me off, I want a big guy in that midfield to support Sobz, and Mac10

Size doesn't matter.

Would you prefer Pogba or Kante/Caicedo if it was a straight choice between who starts at DM?

Your clearly a Lavia supporter - I stick by what I said, if he was truly that wonderful then he should have made a difference. Guarantee he will cost us, and it should be obvious he is all Action first, thinking second - with the way he laid on that pass for Jotta. Selective memory for all you Lavia supporters.
I'm a Liverpool supporter; I know next to nothing about Lavia. I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to rule him out because Southampton got relegated.

Well Hull got relegated with him in defense. Good job we did not do anything mental like buying someone like him who was supposed to make a difference.

7df8c40b9dbd5f48468ca96c25d19a65ded4df00.jpg

I have no clue how good or bad Lavia is? But let us not use the his team got relegated argument to beat him down. Gini, Robertson played valuable roles in our rise and came from relegated teams.

I think the main issue people have is the price. £50m seems like an awful lot for a championship club to be demanding & also what his signing could mean for Baj's future.

Is he really worth spending that kind of money over developing Baj & seeing how he progresses next season? Imo we at least need to give Baj the opportunity (similiarly to what Lavia has had for Saints) & then see where we're at before jumping on something we may look at with hindsight and think "oh, wish we thought this through a bit better"

I think the main issue people have is the price. £50m seems like an awful lot for a championship club to be demanding & also what his signing could mean for Baj's future.

Is he really worth spending that kind of money over developing Baj & seeing how he progresses next season? Imo we at least need to give Baj the opportunity (similiarly to what Lavia has had for Saints) & then see where we're at before jumping on something we may look at with hindsight and think "oh, wish we thought this through a bit better"

Fair enough. The impression I am getting from random sources is that Lavia has a much higher ceiling than Bajcetic. And we could be thinking of phasing away from Fabinho this season and having Bajcetic and Lavia compete for the 6 position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom