• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jones is playing well enough at the Euros to deserve a place in the 20 next season.

Thuram isn't really needed.

A sitting DM is still, however.

Jones is playing well enough at the Euros to deserve a place in the 20 next season.

Thuram isn't really needed.

A sitting DM is still, however.

Before around March time or whenever he came back into the XI and featured regularly I never saw a long term future for him here for various different reasons but I'm pleased for him, took his chances really well and carried that form into the Euro's & from a slightly deeper position too.

Far from & will never be seen as a "generational talent" a certain someone "proclaims" him to be but now I can safely say I'm excited for what's to come in the next few years from him.

Before around March time or whenever he came back into the XI and featured regularly I never saw a long term future for him here for various different reasons but I'm pleased for him, took his chances really well and carried that form into the Euro's & from a slightly deeper position too.

Far from & will never be seen as a "generational talent" a certain someone "proclaims" him to be but now I can safely say I'm excited for what's to come in the next few years from him.
I like the fact that you see value in him , but he is generational, and if he stays fit and injury free, he will show this entire league that he is the best player in his position. Even without playing much, he is better than Jude, and a more complete midfielder than Trent right now.

I like the fact that you see value in him , but he is generational, and if he stays fit and injury free, he will show this entire league that he is the best player in his position. Even without playing much, he is better than Jude, and a more complete midfielder than Trent right now.

monkey-laptop.gif

He's so generational that we bought two additional midfielders to compete with him.

He's so generational that we bought two additional midfielders to compete with him.

We bought 2 other generational midfielders to play with our own 2 generational talents in Jones & Trent.....who will supplement our generational abundance of forwards.

Some would call LFC a generational club Modo!!!!!

We bought 2 other generational midfielders to play with our own 2 generational talents in Jones & Trent.....who will supplement our generational abundance of forwards.

Some would call LFC a generational club Modo!!!!!
Mhm, right...

Lol

No - we bought those two to replace the useless two that were never available in Ox, and Nabby. We bought those two because the only two midfielders that can actually run right now are Curtis, and Elliot. We don't know if these new two are generational - they are probably shit compared to Jones.

Jones stats in his career at Liverpool: Total 97, Wins 62, Draws 18, Losses 17

Probably if you look deeper into them - that while he is on the pitch we have only lost a handful of games. That's generational shit , if his name was Curtinho Jonesinho - you guys would be wanking yourself senseless every time he puts on the red shirt.

No - we bought those two to replace the useless two that were never available in Ox, and Nabby. We bought those two because the only two midfielders that can actually run right now are Curtis, and Elliot. We don't know if these new two are generational - they are probably shit compared to Jones.

Probably if you look deeper into them - that while he is on the pitch we have only lost a handful of games. That's generational shit , if his name was Curtinho Jonesinho - you guys would be wanking yourself senseless every time he puts on the red shirt.

No, I just look at other generational talents like Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, Trent.
How many caps for England did these players have before 22?

No, I just look at other generational talents like Gerrard, Owen, Fowler, Trent.
How many caps for England did these players have before 22?

Having caps before a certain age means nothing - the only reason he has not been selected is because of the unlucky injuries he has had and has not played regularly for Liverpool. Besides I am sure we will all admit that during our CL win/PL winning run - we had no room to introduce someone from our youth system.

Having caps before a certain age means nothing - the only reason he has not been selected is because of the unlucky injuries he has had and has not played regularly for Liverpool. Besides I am sure we will all admit that during our CL win/PL winning run - we had no room to introduce someone from our youth system.
I shouldn't diss him but its only recently that he has performed well, but prior he looked lost in MF. He has done well in the U21s Euros and that bodes well for us.

Of course it matters since you say that he's a "generational" talent.
I'm having trouble thinking of one generational talent who hasn't had a cap before the age of 22.
I'd happily be wrong about him, but there's nothing generational about him. Right now, he's a decent player, nothing more nothing less.
A 22 year old generational talent on the bench? We'd be in the middle of a bidding war between Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund etc if that was the case.

Of course it matters since you say that he's a "generational" talent.
I'm having trouble thinking of one generational talent who hasn't had a cap before the age of 22.
I'd happily be wrong about him, but there's nothing generational about him. Right now, he's a decent player, nothing more nothing less.
A 22 year old generational talent on the bench? We'd be in the middle of a bidding war between Real, Barca, Bayern, Dortmund etc if that was the case.

He has been hidden for most of his time because he has not been involved in enough continuous games for anyone to make an overall judgement. But I keep saying it - just go back to the pandemic season, when he was bought in. Curtis starts - we winning games... other players don't engage with him coz they can't get the ball off him - even man city at home. We go ahead or we are drawing, Klopp takes Curtis off because he is young - and guess what ? we lose the game, coz no one can hold onto the ball like he can.

I hope you’re right @moron and Curtis tracks you down to thank you personally for fighting his cause when nobody else believed.

Unfortunately i am also a non believer but have been pleasantly surprised with the progress since he got a chance last season. With a long run of fitness who knows where he’ll be this time next year.

He has been hidden for most of his time because he has not been involved in enough continuous games for anyone to make an overall judgement. But I keep saying it - just go back to the pandemic season, when he was bought in. Curtis starts - we winning games... other players don't engage with him coz they can't get the ball off him - even man city at home. We go ahead or we are drawing, Klopp takes Curtis off because he is young - and guess what ? we lose the game, coz no one can hold onto the ball like he can.

Alright we'll see, hope I'm wrong.

I’d be pretty shocked if, as you say, Curtis is shit when compared to Jones.

Naby has a higher win percentage than Curtis, just saying.

To that I would just say that - Nabby came with all the hype etc and was our most expensive signing - so you would hope that was the case.

Well - Curtis is injured as often… should he be know as “English Naby”!!!!!!

Curtis is young, Nabby came to us with loads of games to his name and a reputation. There really is no debate.

So you’re saying that if Curtis develops he might reach a level where he can be called “English Naby”????

So right now we can call him “English Maybe Naby”!!!!

FFS I go AWOL for a couple of days, return and see 7 pages added and think there is movement in this transfer.
However the only movement was Moron squeezing out another one and everyone else mopping up after him. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom