• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for the delay is because the club is all over the place and have been without a manager. I doubt Ratcliffes bid for Utd has anything to do with it.

So Ratcliffe, a massive Utd fan, who owns part of the company that owns Nice yet Jorg's son has just been appointed at Gladbach as SD and of course it's Thuram we target over Kone.

Classic LFC.

we target what we consider the best to cover our need first?
then move on
Well we did target Jude for the best part of 2 years as we considered him to be the best for our needs......let's just move on while we're.....behind.

So Ratcliffe, a massive Utd fan, who owns part of the company that owns Nice yet Jorg's son has just been appointed at Gladbach as SD and of course it's Thuram we target over Kone.

Classic LFC.
Because Thuram is a better 6 with impeccable injury record. Kone has had injury issues

You just need to look at what happened to Michael Olise to understand why not many deals get completed DURING a tournament.

I remember once I spent 5hrs haggeling over 50 ringget(about 10 quid£ in KL for a laptop in my 20s on my honeymoon. Best 5hrs I spent, wife disagrees though…
I once haggled for a silk dressing gown in the silk market in Beijing - were haggling in US dollars, after about 40 minutes she wouldn't go below $18 and I wouldn't go above $16. Eventually, I walked away and she came chasing after me and agreed to $16. I only had a $20 bill so I told her to keep the change.

20 years on, my wife still has it, but it was probably only ever worth about $3

I once haggled for a silk dressing gown in the silk market in Beijing - were haggling in US dollars, after about 40 minutes she wouldn't go below $18 and I wouldn't go above $16. Eventually, I walked away and she came chasing after me and agreed to $16. I only had a $20 bill so I told her to keep the change.

Totally worth it. The thrill of the chase is always more fun.

Was your encounter like this

Have a feeling that if we now sign another midfielder, it will be Lavia and not Thuram.

It feels we haven't made much progress with Nice, and it might be easier to negotiate with Southampton especially with Arsenal having already spent a big chunk of their budget on Rice.

Also significant that Lavia counts as homegrown. That'll matter I think.

Have a feeling that if we now sign another midfielder, it will be Lavia and not Thuram.

It feels we haven't made much progress with Nice, and it might be easier to negotiate with Southampton especially with Arsenal having already spent a big chunk of their budget on Rice.

I’d agree with that if it looks like we’re also going after a CB - can’t see any HG defenders good enough and available in our price range at the moment.

The Gelletti bloke said we're close to signing Thuram. How much can happen while this tournament goes on?

I’d agree with that if it looks like we’re also going after a CB - can’t see any HG defenders good enough and available in our price range at the moment.

Colwill is good enough, but that deal will be difficult to get done.

I remember once I spent 5hrs haggeling over 50 ringget(about 10 quid£ in KL for a laptop in my 20s on my honeymoon. Best 5hrs I spent, wife disagrees though…

I once spent about 5mins arguing over getting charged an extra 10,000 Rupiah in Indonesia, as it irked me they had a tourist price for the water bus.

Then I realised it was like 50p

Colwill is good enough, but that deal will be difficult to get done.

I’d say difficult is an understatement - Chelsea seemingly pretty clear they’re not selling and he’s pretty clear he’s not currently looking to move.

Unless Chelsea change their mind, their contract offer is derisory or he hates Poch after meeting him - he’s going nowhere.

Even then, Chelsea would likely demand silly money - so I’d totally forget about him and move on - more chance they’d sell us Cucurella at a knock down price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom