• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Thur thing boss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We.Are.Not.Signing.3.More.Midfielders.

It.will.be.1.more.plus.a.CB.because.this.is.what.FSG.do.always.looking.to.do.the.bare.MINIMUM.

PLEASE.get.this.through.your.head

We.Are.Not.Signing.3.More.Midfielders.

It.will.be.1.more.plus.a.CB.because.this.is.what.FSG.do.always.looking.to.do.the.bare.MINIMUM.

PLEASE.get.this.through.your.head

Do you understand how forums work? People put opinions across... Some people are suggesting we sign two more MFs. I am suggesting 3 more, and I AM willing to sacrifice a CB signing to do that. No one really knows what our budget is but there's a small consensus its between £100-120m. The players I want will cost £140m, the difference could be plugged for by sales. Will FSG do what I've suggested. No, its very unlikely. Does it stop me wanting it? No...just like its highly unlikely I will win the lottery but it doesn't stop me playing on the off-chance it might happen.

It's a dark day when I agree 100% with Bluebell that if we could.. we should be signing all three of

Kone, Thuram and Gravenberch.

All.Three.Bionimal.All.Three.

Do you understand how forums work? People put opinions across... Some people are suggesting we sign two more MFs. I am suggesting 3 more, and I AM willing to sacrifice a CB signing to do that. No one really knows what our budget is but there's a small consensus its between £100-120m. The players I want will cost £140m, the difference could be plugged for by sales. Will FSG do what I've suggested. No, its very unlikely. Does it stop me wanting it? No...just like its highly unlikely I will win the lottery but it doesn't stop me playing on the off-chance it might happen.

Ok.

In that case can I just put across my wildy narrowly thought out opinion that our budget is 400m and suggest we use that to sign Mbappe Gravenburch Thuram & Veiga.

It's a dark day when I agree 100% with Bluebell that if we could.. we should be signing all three of

If we did do that it would be good, but we need a defender for sure, more than we need a 3rd midfielder. However, getting Graven, would a proper moneyball signing that is worth a risk.

If.
Could.
Should.

We won't. Bit blunt, I know. But that's the facts.

lol... You've part agreed with me. I want Viega over Gravenberch. So its slightly gloomy and overcast.
If we did do that it would be good, but we need a defender for sure, more than we need a 3rd midfielder. However, getting Graven, would a proper moneyball signing that is worth a risk.
Steph and Fab can play CB

So can I, but not if we want to win anything. This sort of held up by a bootstrap thinking is ridiculous given our means.
Steph was supposed to be a CB and its because we lacked numbers he switched to MF. He is very much a Stevie G type player who is a Jack of all trades. And Fabs played in CB very well too. When Konate is out Matip, who is unlikely to be sold will come in.
We can go and get that Leicester defender as 4th choice who is available as a Free but you would have to let go of Matip or unregister Adrian to do that

Steph was supposed to be a CB and its because we lacked numbers he switched to MF. He is very much a Stevie G type player who is a Jack of all trades. And Fabs played in CB very well too. When Konate is out Matip, who is unlikely to be sold will come in.

Steph doesn't have the physicality, at all. It's ludicrous. He's a kid, if he played at cb, teams would just lump the ball at him and any big forward would win it.

If you think we can play our system with fabinho at cb, after watching his physical decline this year when in midfield, you are utterly insane. He's too slow, we would have to play deep, it'd break the whole team.

These are ideas we want to countenance as plans f and g, not b and c.

Last edited:
Maybe let him dream mate.

After all, you’re still dreaming Nunez will turn into a great player…

Nunez already is a great player, he's done things we've not seen in a striker since Suarez/Sturridge in the prime.....filthy player that'll only get better. 5 more years of prime Nunez to come, hope you're ready!!!

Cya later boys!!!

https://youtube.com/shorts/37kqCuGyPpI?feature=share

That touch and volley is shades of Torres v Blackburn.

Feck it, we're one of the bigger clubs in the world. Buy more than you need in case someone overperforms, instead of the bare minimum. It's insurance.

Jesus wept, I can't believe how stingy and unwise FSG have become.

By David Lynch, Merseyside Correspondent
25th Jun, 2023 | 9:00am
Sources: Liverpool expected to agree Thuram deal after new talks

Liverpool are closing in on signing Nice star Khephren Thuram as talks continue, sources have told Football Insider.
The star wants the move and the Reds are pushing hard to secure a full agreement and sources have said Liverpool now expect to complete a deal for Thuram.

By David Lynch, Merseyside Correspondent
25th Jun, 2023 | 9:00am
Sources: Liverpool expected to agree Thuram deal after new talks

Liverpool are closing in on signing Nice star Khephren Thuram as talks continue, sources have told Football Insider.
The star wants the move and the Reds are pushing hard to secure a full agreement and sources have said Liverpool now expect to complete a deal for Thuram.

We might yet talk Bluebell off that ledge!!

We might yet talk Bluebell off that ledge!!
Singing of Thor (The Norse God of Lightening and Thunder) was always a likely probability. I've always maintained that we need minimum of 3 new MFs, Now I'd like to know will they sign a MF after him?

Singing of Thor (The Norse God of Lightening and Thunder) was always a likely probability. I've always maintained that we need minimum of 3 new MFs, Now I'd like to know will they sign a MF after him?
Alright Eugine... Big u-turn.

If he is, we’re signing Thuram & Van de Ven, Salah’s staying and Carvalho is off to Leipzig on a season loan with no buying clause attached.
I'm ok with all this so I'm hopeful he's not full of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom