• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hughes - First Impressions

We sold someone we shouldn't have bought in the first place, and we bought someone who was cheap because they were going to run their contract down. It's shocking that last part, we'd never squander such a valuable asset.

Ara go on. Admit it's a good thing.

I am totally taken aback by the fact that the first 3 posters to write off Hughes as a <insert your appropriate expletive here> were Moron, Binomial and Bluebell ....

The one or two others who since piled one were bonus prizes in the loon lotto

BMB is the new moniker for these lovely lads, when they sing in unison!

He looked like a Hames Bond impersonator and is probably a real milf-shagger all around Europe. You know, that silver tounged guy hanging out in the bar at the most expensive hotels.

Reactions: jan
I'm calling this guy a silver tongued fraud and repping team Schmad all the way until he sorts the big 3 contracts

The BlueMoronBin!!!

All I wanted was a DM, you would think we could get one after 3 summers of trying. If we got a DM then this window for me would be 10/10. So you and the rest that think asking for what is the missing component in our team is crazy make me think yoy guys need lessons in football.

Now that its over, I hope that Morton has the potential that got Xabi interested in trying to get him on loan.

All I wanted was a DM, you would think we could get one after 3 summers of trying. If we got a DM then this window for me would be 10/10. So you and the rest that think asking for what is the missing component in our team is crazy make me think yoy guys need lessons in football.

Now that its over, I hope that Morton has the potential that got Xabi interested in trying to get him on loan.
you know we have a DM yeah?

you know we have a DM yeah?
Yes Endo was excellent last season, but I dont think he will be able to play the Slot system. If Slot is gonna use Endo then he will have to use him in the same way Klopp used him.

Yes Endo was excellent last season, but I dont think he will be able to play the Slot system. If Slot is gonna use Endo then he will have to use him in the same way Klopp used him.
if Slot doesn't trust him then he shouldn't have rejected Marseille's bid then?

just saying

Oh, as for the contract extensions, I am more interested in VVD getting a 2 year extension, dont really care about Trent or Salah.

if Slot doesn't trust him then he shouldn't have rejected Marseille's bid then?

just saying
Endo has experience as a duelist and DM, that much any coach will appreciate. Also I wanted the DM/Controller in addition to Endo. We need 7 standing senior potential starters, we have always had that as a minimum.

Wanted to lay a through ball to give Darwin a 1-on-1. But realised he was off side so we passed it back to Endo and now he and Allison are passing it back and forth.

That's Richard Hughes in a nutshell. Potential disaster averted but how you rate it depends on whether you think we're currently 2-0 up or 0-1 down.

Solid 3/10 for me

As said in another thread. Teams plan 12 months ahead when it comes to transfer windows. Hughes started in June.
3/10 window in terms of incomings but he will get 2-3 more to prove his worth.

Scouts and analysts had done their work in terms of possible No 6 targets last season, but the profile of player Liverpool were looking for changed after Slot took over from Klopp.
@JamesPearceLFC

Don't think this is about Hughes but FSG. Transfer windows have been pretty underwhelming for years now. Just about ticking over, shopping for bargains, pretending we're in for Bellingham, Tchoumeni, Caceido etc when there was never a realistic chance.

My question to Hughes is why he'd sign up as the Figurehead of such a tight-arse regime?

Don't think this is about Hughes but FSG. Transfer windows have been pretty underwhelming for years now. Just about ticking over, shopping for bargains, pretending we're in for Bellingham, Tchoumeni, Caceido etc when there was never a realistic chance.

My question to Hughes is why he'd sign up as the Figurehead of such a tight-arse regime?

Didn't we have a bid accepted of about £110m for Caicedo?

That's hardly pretending to be interested, is it?

Imo Caceido was just like our 'pursuits' of Bellingham and Tchoumeni who only ever wanted Real. I think FSG were just bidding up Chelsea, or trying to show Klopp that they really were backing him, honest.

Lets not forget that this transfer window we bought a new coach and backroom staff, I guess FSG will include that as part of the summer transfer window.

What a load of bollocks.
No its not, they are good at playing with the heads of weak minded Liverpool fans, they put it out there with zero intention of following through. Its happening every fucking season with those cunts. Bellingham was never gonna happen coz that season we lost 3 mids and Jude would not have replaced 3 mids, and that is without counting Selling off Fab, and Henderson.

As for Caicedo, that was a fucking joke, I never believed we would spend that money it was designed to shut the FSGOUT as the number 1 trending item on X. It worked because thick fans really believed it, WE NEVER EVEN ASKED THE FUCKING PLAYER !!!

Imo Caceido was just like our 'pursuits' of Bellingham and Tchoumeni who only ever wanted Real. I think FSG were just bidding up Chelsea, or trying to show Klopp that they really were backing him, honest.
If that were true, then our risk averse owners were playing a very high risk game, as it would only have taken Caiceido to say "yes" and they would have been £110M out of pocket.

If that were true, then our risk averse owners were playing a very high risk game, as it would only have taken Caiceido to say "yes" and they would have been £110M out of pocket.

Don't be ridiculous! He wanted Chelsea. He was never gonna say yes. You're very naive.

It's the same reason we bid £1.5 billion for Jude Bellingham safe in the knowledge that he wanted Real Madrid.

It's all one big psyop.

No its not, they are good at playing with the heads of weak minded Liverpool fans, they put it out there with zero intention of following through. Its happening every fucking season with those cunts. Bellingham was never gonna happen coz that season we lost 3 mids and Jude would not have replaced 3 mids, and that is without counting Selling off Fab, and Henderson.

As for Caicedo, that was a fucking joke, I never believed we would spend that money it was designed to shut the FSGOUT as the number 1 trending item on X. It worked because thick fans really believed it, WE NEVER EVEN ASKED THE FUCKING PLAYER !!!

Fascinating stuff.

He and Michael Edwards are bessie mates and have very similar outlooks. Edwards would have made sure that the job offer was gold-plated.

Back
Top Bottom