• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hughes - First Impressions

No its not, they are good at playing with the heads of weak minded Liverpool fans, they put it out there with zero intention of following through. Its happening every fucking season with those cunts. Bellingham was never gonna happen coz that season we lost 3 mids and Jude would not have replaced 3 mids, and that is without counting Selling off Fab, and Henderson.

As for Caicedo, that was a fucking joke, I never believed we would spend that money it was designed to shut the FSGOUT as the number 1 trending item on X. It worked because thick fans really believed it, WE NEVER EVEN ASKED THE FUCKING PLAYER !!!
so you are admitting you're weak-minded

No suggesting the likes of you are, but as you have not comprehended my post there is no point debating this with you.
i'm not the one going bat shit crazy over who we didn't sign. Cool as a fucking cucumber me. You're the one having a stroke

Don't be ridiculous! He wanted Chelsea. He was never gonna say yes. You're very naive.

It's the same reason we bid £1.5 billion for Jude Bellingham safe in the knowledge that he wanted Real Madrid.

It's all one big psyop.
Well we bidded more than Chelsea and he refused to sign. BRIGHTON ended up extending the deadline again until Chelsea matched our bid. That's what happened, isn't it?

Well we bidded more than Chelsea and he refused to sign. Palace ended up extending the deadline again until Chelsea matched our bid. That's what happened, isn't it?

Yeah, because we wanted to sign him. It's not super complicated.

Yeah, because we wanted to sign him. It's not super complicated.

Why didn't Caceido happen then? Cos he refused to come.

Did we know he only wanted Chelsea? I personally think we did.

FSG won't spend £111m except for a guaranteed, world class game changer, like Ali or Virgil. Not Caceido who had a year's PL experience.

Imo we bid up Chelsea to put FFP pressure on and make it more likely we'd get Labia but he chose Chelsea too.

FSG won't spend £111m except for a guaranteed, world class game changer, like Ali or Virgil. Not Caceido who had a year's PL experience.

Imo we bid up Chelsea to put FFP pressure on and make it more likely we'd get Labia but he chose Chelsea too.

What a load of bollocks.

Because they were offering higher salaries and a far longer 8 year contract (and they offered more ... £115m). Simples. Ditto Lavia who's on a 7 year contract. We were never going to match that.

Get your head on straight lad.

I don't blame Hughes for the contracts, but totally blame him for not bringing in a CB and a 6. To not have a backup to zubimendi is just incompetent.

How many centre backs do we actually need? We’ve been cursed the last few seasons but it can’t happen forever.

Van Dijk, Konate, Quasi, Gomez and then Endo at a push should see us through the league and European cup. No other side has more than that.

How many centre backs do we actually need? We’ve been cursed the last few seasons but it can’t happen forever.

Van Dijk, Konate, Quasi, Gomez and then Endo at a push should see us through the league and European cup. No other side has more than that.

Apparently we desperately need a LB as well, even though we have 3.

Because they were offering higher salaries and a far longer 8 year contract (and they offered more ... £115m). Simples. Ditto Lavia who's on a 7 year contract. We were never going to match that.

Get your head on straight lad.
If we were genuinely happy to spend £111m, surely we'd be happy to match the wages? Do you really think he's worth that? Maybe it was Klopp pushing for the deal but its not a typical FSG signing, is it?

Caceido is one example but I think there's a trend of only having one target and that target going elsewhere or not leaving their club.
- Tchouameni (always going to Real)
- Bellingham (always Real)
- Andre (wouldn't leave in Dec but then we don't go for him this summer)
- Zubimendi (Arsenal been after him for years but he wouldn't leave Sociedad)

I'm not totally convinced its an FSG tactic to not spend money but at best it's shortsighted always having one transfer target who is going to be difficult to get in and having no fallback options.

If we were genuinely happy to spend £111m, surely we'd be happy to match the wages? Do you really think he's worth that? Maybe it was Klopp pushing for the deal but its not a typical FSG signing, is it?

Caceido is one example but I think there's a trend of only having one target and that target going elsewhere or not leaving their club.

I'm not totally convinced its an FSG tactic to not spend money but at best it's shortsighted always having one transfer target who is going to be difficult to get in and having no fallback options.
FFS. Use your brain. No of course we wouldn't be happy to match those wages because of, even if we rated him that highly, the knock on effect on our other players and setting that as the new benchmark for a good but not world class player.

So… should we instead go for mediocre players with a lower profile because they’re “easier to sign”?

Konate can't be relied on to stay fit and quansah isn't good enough. Slot doesn't rate gomez obviously so really we have one CB who can be relied on to stay fit and is good enough. That's why we need another CB. We have quantity but not quality in that position.

Konate can't be relied on to stay fit and quansah isn't good enough. Slot doesn't rate gomez obviously so really we have one CB who can be relied on to stay fit and is good enough. That's why we need another CB. We have quantity but not quality in that position.
Before Slot subbed him against Ipswich it seemed like some had decided that Quansah was better than Konaté.
Things change fast...

Reading what you’ve said, we need three not one. But i disagree. Quansah is more than good enough. I do agree with you on Ib but like most of the squad, I want to see if a change in approach keeps him fit.

You can’t win @Frogfish - strike them down and they only become more powerful than you can possibly imagine!!!
@Cleric - just want to stick up for you against deluded Top Top Reds. Response to @Frogfish should be simple, we were never in for Bellendingham, mainly because he was always going to Real. But in the summer before we alrealy knew that the trio of Ox, Keita and Milner were going to leave. Thats 3 midfielders we would have to attempt to replace with what we know was a budget of 100M GBP. So again people like @Frogfish and @StevieM believed all the FSG bollocks and feel they have to say that these bids were real from FSG and they meant it. Both these guys have a thing JH's wife Linda and by extension FSG lies.

Back
Top Bottom