• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Rate summer transfer window?

Incomings 3/10 - future proofed the goalkeeper position from every angle. Youth, current understudy and international phenom. Take your pick if Allison goes.

An opportunistic punt on Chiesa which rivals that of Coutinho if it comes off.

Failed to add back ups for glaring weaknesses at LB and CB especially, most would argue a first team DM too.

Outgoings 6/10 - let some players go that should have probably been retained as depth pieces

However, some of the fees recouped have been high, a throwback to Edwards the firsts reign.

I don't blame Salah, Trent and Virgil for waiting, if I was in their position I'd do the same. The Incomings haven't moved the needle on that. They may explore what they can get on the open market before signing any extension.

In terms of incomings its a meh 3/10, sadly. Although both the signings we've made have been excellent and will prove of great value. Still didnt address the 6 position (though Zubimendi changing his mind isnt on the club) and should have bought a LCB/LB.
Outgoings: 7/10. Great deals for Sepp and Carvalho. Good loan moves for the young ones.

For all the stick Hughes gets I dont think its that clear cut in all honesty. Usually the recruitment teams prepare 12 months in advance and he started in June. Add that to Slot replacing Klopp and the summer window suddenly gets a bit short. For me he gets a couple of more windows before deciding if he's up to this or not.

In regards to renewing contracts it imperative that Trent gets a new deal. Then we can work on Virgil and Salah.
Hughes definitely needs to step up and get this done.
And I'll add that I doubt those 3 are bothered about signings in this transfer window if the team has success on the pitch.

Owen and Mcmanaman were treated as Judases, one for pushing for a move in the last year of his contract and the other for running it down.
VVD has said he wants to stay and all indications certainly until a few weeks ago, Hughes hadn't spoke to him.
A good SD would have either contract extended those that wanted to stay or sold them. You don't let a £130m asset like Trent walk out the door. When you have a self sustaining model, you don't give away freebies
You would have to be ridiculously naive to believe that Hughes (LFC) hadn't spoken to them (or their agents). Ridiculously.

VvD is a clever lad. So a play on words. I'd look at the intent and timing of the comment, and for sure Hughes (LFC) will have spoken with his agent.

Im pissed that Fulham got Andre for £21m. We were def in for him last Xmas, he's apparently a good passer as well as a bit of a destroyer, so would have been a decent fit for Slot, and relatively young.

It wouldn't have cost us much as we were offered £12m for Endo, who I don't rate and clearly Slot doesn't either. He's nearly past his sell by date and not getting any better. A wasted opportunity to at least slightly improve the DM position without spending a fortune.

I'm pleased Morton is staying as he's a good lad and has quality. Maybe not physical enough for a PL DM though. Thing is, I don't see him getting any game time and is probably here just to meet the homegrown quota.

And the contracts thing is embarrassing. Virgil said he's not been approached yet which is bizarre. I think Trent got a huge pay rise last time and they're reluctant to offer him more and maybe even think he's not worth the £200k a week on last seasons form. I reckon they're gambling on nobody offering similar wages which is daft with Real and Saudi waiting in the wings.

1/10 cos I do like Chiesa.

Champions Manchester City had the lowest net spend of any Premier League club in the transfer window - actually turning in a £115.8m profit.

They spent £21.4m on Brazil winger Savinho, but selling players such as forward Julian Alvarez and defenders Joao Cancelo and Taylor Harwood-Bellis made it a profitable window.

In fact, none of last season's top three featured prominently when it came to net spend.

Arsenal spent £93.9m - including £38.4m on Italy defender Riccardo Calafiori and £27.4m apiece for Spanish duo David Raya and Mikel Merino - but sold £76.8m worth of players.

Liverpool bought midfielder Federico Chiesa and goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili but selling players such as Fabio Carvalho, Sepp van den Berg and Bobby Clark meant they made a £14.4m profit.

How can a club like LFC for the last 14 years (28x transfer windows) not have 1 window where they've spent 100m+ net yet fucking Brighton have just gone and done it. Can any fucker in their right mind explain that?

2 windows where we've spent over 50m net. WTF is that about? Fucking embarrassing. Get these jokers out the club NOW.

How can a club like LFC for the last 14 years (28x transfer windows) not have 1 window where they've spent 100m+ net yet fucking Brighton have just gone and done it. Can any fucker in their right mind explain that?

2 windows where we've spent over 50m net. WTF is that about? Fucking embarrassing. Get these jokers out the club NOW.
We pay a hell of a lot more than those clubs like Brighton. Do any of those clubs have any players earning over 150k a week? A brand spanking new training ground? Huge infrastructure investment like we’ve done (aside from Brighton’s ground which was started 16 years ago)?

Is that £100m spent by Brighton going to see them finish above us in the league?

Is that £100m spent by Brighton going to see them finish above us in the league?
Closer to £150m net & I don't really care where it sees them go, at least their owners are pushing the boat out to compete with clubs like Newcastle, Spurs, Villa and West Ham....come on leaps and bounds the last 4-5 years whereas we're declining year by year since our title win.

I've noticed with the touristic section of fans it doesn't matter what the club do in terms of achievements so long as they get their "reasoning's" across to defend every action the club takes, which I find quite sad tbh.

Closer to £150m net & I don't really care where it sees them go, at least their owners are pushing the boat out to compete with clubs like Newcastle, Spurs, Villa and West Ham....come on leaps and bounds the last 4-5 years whereas we're declining year by year since our title win.

Are we indeed?

You’re probably right - relying on Nunez will make any team decline.

Back
Top Bottom