• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread [Dee can suck it - Friendly] Real Betis (N) 19:30 EDT (00:30 BST)

Bajcetic is barely any more experienced to Prem football than Morton, Clark or Mcconnell, plus it plays against him he's played next to no football in over a year, he has it all to do to regain that fitness where Morton has that continuity. Keep Morton to see if he can cut it (as a last chance saloon before we decide to sell or not), loan the other 3.

I really don't care(that he was out injured), to me this sounds like sending a young Michael Owen out on loan in order to test Ben Woodburn

I really don't care(that he was out injured), to me this sounds like sending a young Michael Owen out on loan in order to test Ben Woodburn
Kinda makes a big deal when you’ve been out for a whole season because you’ve got to work back to where he was before the injury which wasn’t really that high a level to begin with then push on from there, he came back and played half an hour at Spurs and looked all over the shop, so maybe not to you but it’ll be on the minds of Slot and his staff. Both played the last half hour last night and there was nothing to separate them.

Nyoni is a better talent than both so I can’t say I care too much what happens to either.

It doesn't work like that.

I agree that it won’t happen like that. But i feel having 10 starts a season won’t help badger. He seems to have a sky high ceiling and i think he’d do well at any team in the EL or a weak CL team in Europe.

We seem to be one of the worst teams in the PL at actually sending players on loan to good teams and see them play at a high standard.

However, if he’s fit strong and ready i saw a lot in him to think he’ll be great for us. It’s a crowded squad though.

I don't see the point of loaning out Badger given he's returning from a lengthy injury and will need to have his minutes and training managed very carefully.

He’s been fit for the best part of 4 months. He doesn’t need managing. He just needs a standard preseason.

I don't see the point of loaning out Badger given he's returning from a lengthy injury and will need to have his minutes and training managed very carefully.
I agree, but he was never injured. It was a growth thing.

i wouldn’t say no to badger getting ‘good’ minutes elsewhere and returning in january in form to help a flagging midfield

Baj has potential at six but we shouldn't ignore that he proved himself as a defensive-minded eight. Baj was played six against City and got torn apart. That can happen to anyone, but the jury remains out.

Having Baj and Endo gives us some flexibility to wait until the right six comes in the market. We don't need a stop gap, but I'm sure it's something we are monitoring closely.

I can't remember the last time a Liverpool player was out for a year and got close to their previous level the following season. This will be a transitional year for Bajcetic and I could see some good sense in a loan move if it gave him more playing time to get back to his previous level.
But in his relatively small number of appearances for us to date, he has looked like a proper player, so I'd rather have him here if we can and will give him sufficient game time to get back up to speed.

Hope you enjoyed your Pittsburgh visit, @rurikbird? It is a cool little town. I used to live an hour south of Pittsburgh and used to visit the city often.

My first time in Pittsburgh and I have to say I’m impressed. Such a unique layout with two rivers converging and lots houses on two steep banks with a gorgeous view. Nice people. Already planning to go back - any recommendations?

My first time in Pittsburgh and I have to say I’m impressed. Such a unique layout with two rivers converging and lots houses on two steep banks with a gorgeous view. Already planning to go back - any recommendations?

You must drive the airport-to-city through the Fort Pitt tunnel at night. You don't see the city as it is on the other side of the mountain. You go through the tunnel, and instantly, the entire city opens up in front of you. This is the same drive during the day.

View: https://youtu.be/JsCY3vXEslg?si=exKQPtVw418m4OnH

At night it is another level higher.

The strip district—spend an afternoon or morning there. Great food. The inclines are good, and at the top, you can see great views of the city and rivers.

From what I have heard, waves of immigrants came to the town and created pockets of cool shops and restaurants in different neighborhoods. So depending on what you like, you should explore the various neighborhoods. I am from India, so I spent a lot of time in Monroeville, where there are good Indian grocery stores, restaurants, etc. I believe Carnegie has a Ukranian church and associated restaurants and shops.

The U Pitt Library Tower is worth a visit. It is not New York or Chicago but stands on its own. Maybe it is due to my life circumstances at the time, but my wife and I have fond memories of Pittsburgh.

Erm No, Owen was unbelievable when he came on the scene, there is no comparison. Baj needs to learn a bit of discipline, I still recall the first or 2nd goal we conceeded in our 2-5 loss to RM because he decided to take on their players in their half, losing the ball that led to the goal. I like many others are not sure of his no. 6 possibilities.

It would be good to be able to monitor him, but will he get enough playing time?
I think we all could see what happened when Endo had too many minutes in a short period of time. With the number of games we will get this season I can see the Badger playing a hell of a lot.

Are you suggesting Endo gets last 20 of games?

I think he will start. Probably against Ipswich and the Scum. Badger against Brentford.

All this talk of Baj, Morton etc. We have a lot of midfielders and likely another inbound. Where does that leave them all? Because they aren't all getting minutes.

I'd send Baj., out on loan. I agree with whomever said "he's got it all to prove again " and in a new system. Whether Morton goes or on loan or is sold or stays depends on who we bring in. I like both Baj and Morton - but are they good enough NOW?

It doesn't work like that.
Well, whilst I disagree with @Brizzle I do agree that if Bajcetic isn’t going to get game time he needs to be playing regularly as an age thing. Morton is less urgent. Where I disagree is that I feel Bajcetic is the more complete footballer and is ready for prime time now

All this talk of Baj, Morton etc. We have a lot of midfielders and likely another inbound. Where does that leave them all? Because they aren't all getting minutes.

I'd send Baj., out on loan. I agree with whomever said "he's got it all to prove again " and in a new system. Whether Morton goes or on loan or is sold or stays depends on who we bring in. I like both Baj and Morton - but are they good enough NOW?
I think Badger is good enough. Morton has to prove it. Yea Stefan has played a handful of games but the standard he set was phenomenal.

Well, whilst I disagree with @Brizzle I do agree that if Bajcetic isn’t going to get game time he needs to be playing regularly as an age thing. Morton is less urgent. Where I disagree is that I feel Bajcetic is the more complete footballer and is ready for prime time now
Thats was my point when I said sending Owen out on loan to test Ben Woodburn.
One is clearly the bigger talent and ready to contribute right now. The other is unknown.

Its another thing to loan out Bajcetic because a few senior players are ahead of him and he won't get any time on the pitch, but in that case Morton should be loaned out too.

Reactions: dee
Don't see it happening that frequently now that we've switched to a different style of football.

DM: Endo, Bajcetic
CM/AM: Macca, Szobo, Jones, Gravy, Elliott, Morton, Carvalho

WM(wannabe...): Trent
Fringes: Nyoni, McCallum

Tough to see how Morton would get game time
Too early to call the injury numbers, but if we don't keep Morton, I would only lend him to a PL team and let him develop (similar to Gallagher at Palace - which did him a world of good).

Bajcetic is barely any more experienced to Prem football than Morton, Clark or Mcconnell, plus it plays against him he's played next to no football in over a year, he has it all to do to regain that fitness where Morton has that continuity. Keep Morton to see if he can cut it (as a last chance saloon before we decide to sell or not), loan the other 3.
This is my preference.

I don’t want to loan out Bajcetic; let’s not forget he was plucked for our Academy from another country - he needs to “put his roots down” here in Liverpool as much as possible otherwise we might find ourselves in a situation where we might have to sell him for cheap when Real/Barca come calling. His minutes would need to be managed, but I want Slot to integrate him into the team and make it clear he’s part of the long-term plans.

If it’s a straight choice between keeping Morton or Endo, who are you picking? It’s not a straightoward choice IMO…

I think they can get enough minutes - if we progress in cups and use substitutions effectively.

We don’t need every midfielders playing 90 minutes every game.

I could see Morton going out on loan again if we have to.

Carvalho too. (Or he could be the one to go to Newcastle along with a large bag of cash for Gordon).

Back
Top Bottom