• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread [Dee can suck it - Friendly] Real Betis (N) 19:30 EDT (00:30 BST)

On a positive note, the future looks bright.
We have a really talented group of 17-22 year olds like Bajcetic, Nyoni, Bradley, Van den Berg, Quansah, Elliott, Morton and Doak.

Really liked Van den Berg, but Morton surprised me the most to be honest, yes even more than Nyoni. He looked so good on the ball. Had vision, timing, control, defending, it was all there. Maybe my expectations were too low, but from what I saw last night, the lad can play.

Anyway, sad part is that I can't find a spot for him in the team since we're stacked in midfield.

Will be sad to see him go, hopefully another loan move so we can assess him again next summer.
Or we keep Morton for our annual injury crisis.

Thought Sepp did reasonably well last night, Betis were pretty sharp in their press and got at us very high quite often in the first half when our back 4 and keeper had the ball so at times it was a little kamikaze and some nervy play, not only by him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z4pvt4TK-4

& comes across as a cool, calm young man. Can't knock a player that wants to play which he emphasised a few times in this interview clip from after the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGOEbfLvOg

Or we keep Morton for our annual injury crisis.
Don't see it happening that frequently now that we've switched to a different style of football.

DM: Endo, Bajcetic
CM/AM: Macca, Szobo, Jones, Gravy, Elliott, Morton, Carvalho

WM(wannabe...): Trent
Fringes: Nyoni, McCallum

Tough to see how Morton would get game time

Thought Sepp did reasonably well last night, Betis were pretty sharp in their press and got at us very high quite often in the first half when our back 4 and keeper had the ball so at times it was a little kamikaze and some nervy play, not only by him.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z4pvt4TK-4

& comes across as a cool, calm young man. Can't knock a player that wants to play which he emphasised a few times in this interview clip from after the game.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGOEbfLvOg

Van den Berg has matured a lot since he's been away.
I agree that he played well yesterday, I'd argue that he looked a little better than Quansah(ooh controversy ).

I can understand that he wants to play, but he can't expect to start. Would he be happy being third choice? I hope so.

I hope Slot convinces Van den Berg to stay in order to replace Van Dijk in the future.

Don't see it happening that frequently now that we've switched to a different style of football.

DM: Endo, Bajcetic
CM/AM: Macca, Szobo, Jones, Gravy, Elliott, Morton, Carvalho

WM(wannabe...): Trent
Fringes: Nyoni, McCallum

Tough to see how Morton would get game time
McConnell?

1.Endo will make a great back up to Bajcetic and Morton.

2. Cant see Robbo in this system.

3.Fabio..it may be time to Carval-go.

4.Keep Trey away from Jude

Reactions: jan
On a positive note, the future looks bright.
We have a really talented group of 17-22 year olds like Bajcetic, Nyoni, Bradley, Van den Berg, Quansah, Elliott, Morton and Doak.

Really liked Van den Berg, but Morton surprised me the most to be honest, yes even more than Nyoni. He looked so good on the ball. Had vision, timing, control, defending, it was all there. Maybe my expectations were too low, but from what I saw last night, the lad can play.

Anyway, sad part is that I can't find a spot for him in the team since we're stacked in midfield.

Will be sad to see him go, hopefully another loan move so we can assess him again next summer.
LoL, listen to what you said about Morton, and then the punch line...we can assess him again next summer.

LoL, listen to what you said about Morton, and then the punch line...we can assess him again next summer.
Its a friendly, and he's got like 8 senior players ahead of him in the pecking order and they can do the same things he did.

18bf8d1ab7934bb355554eccc31067891a4f7ee0.png

Its a friendly, and he's got like 8 senior players ahead of him in the pecking order and they can do the same things he did.

Morton is more a natural 6.

I hope he's given a chance if we don't buy one, rather than assessing again next summer.

He was at Hull last year, unless it's a Premier league loan, I don't see what he'd benefit from another championship loan.

Morton is more a natural 6.

I hope he's given a chance if we don't buy one, rather than assessing again next summer.

He was at Hull last year, unless it's a Premier league loan, I don't see what he'd benefit from another championship loan.
Send him abroad. Two season in the Bundesliga did a whole lot for Sepp.

I genuinely cannot see Morton being at the club at the start of the season. Loan. Sale. Whatever. He won't be here. It's too important a position and too big of a leap to expect him to be a viable option.

Back
Top Bottom