• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Premier League | Week 1 | Other Games Thread

The Leverkusen Stuttgart game in the supercup was absolutely crazy, had absolute everything.

There's been some incredible misses so far on the opening weekend, some strong early contenders.

• Garnacho yesterday
  • Jota
  • Mcneil
  • Bailey
  • Brereton Diaz x2

Jota would be harsh I think. We expected more because it’s Jota. We all expected Diaz to miss because he wouldn’t finish a Sunday roast.

Jota would be harsh I think. We expected more because it’s Jota. We all expected Diaz to miss because he wouldn’t finish a Sunday roast.
Haha that's bollocks mate - if that was Nunez half this forum would have vilified him to the heavens. It was a bad miss, TNT thought easier to score than miss.

Haha that's bollocks mate - if that was Nunez half this forum would have vilified him to the heavens. It was a bad miss, TNT thought easier to score than miss.
Bull. It wasn’t a horrible miss.

There’s also the fact that Nunez misses a lot more than Jota. That gives Jota more leeway.

TNT were gobshites from start to finish. It was a terrible broadcast.

There’s also the fact that Nunez misses a lot more than Jota. That gives Jota more leeway.

Wasn't it? Read the match thread and see what the forum thought (even you if I remember correctly) 😛

There are not many players in our team who can jump and make such a clean connection with the ball like Jota did. The timing was perfect, the accuracy not so much. Not many players could have even gotten the timing right.

The ball was great but it was not an easy chance to convert.

Wasn't it? Read the match thread and see what the forum thought (even you if I remember correctly) 😛
All because of the expectation. They are missed all the time. It wasn’t a tap in on an open goal. Did I expect him to score yes? Was it worth listing in miss of the weekend? Absolutely not.

I was listening to a stats podcast recently, ans it was stated that no header has an xG of over 0.5 - so more likely to not score than score in any headed situation

Maybe it's been mentioned in this thread but its worth mentioning again I think.
What makes Jota and other top class strikers brilliant is that one miss doesn't really faze them. He got another chance shortly after and finished it clinically.
This is the problem with Nunez.

Can't imagine Toney playing in Saudi, but I guess money talks when they're happy to pay 20m a year.

What kind of fee to Brentford?

He has a year left and Brentford wants to sell. His suitors are just making them sweat a little.
When Brentford are ready to accept a reasonable fee for him he's gone.

Probably to Arsenal.

He has a year left. Brentford wants to sell.
His suitors are just making them sweat a little.
When Brentford are ready to accept a reasonable fee for him he's gone.

Probably to Arsenal.

Chelsea will probably sign him - they wouldn’t be able to stop themselves.

Back
Top Bottom