• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Ipswich (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ we are just 3 days away from the start of our PL campaign and this is still only on page 1.

Little hype.
Zero random line ups
Zero 'i'd love to see us do this'

Come on lads !

If we can't beat Ipswich, burn the club to the ground. Make sure Hughes is locked in his office before doing so.

Ali

Tent
Quasi lad
VVD
Robbo

All gravy baby
Big Mac
The Boy

FOM
Diogoal
Diaz

Love this. Its a shame we don't really have a way to fit both Elliot and Szobo into a team. I think Szobo will be favoured, but not sure what more Elliot could have done in pre-season to earn a start.

I guess we'll see on Sat

Feels as though the whole Zubi story put a downer on the new season beginning. Which isnt really fair to Arne or the players as pre season have given a lot of hope and optimism.

Really looking forward to this and just hope to Fowler that we get the 3 points in his first game. Will be a tough one.

Feels as though the whole Zubi story put a downer on the new season beginning. Which isnt really fair to Arne or the players as pre season have given a lot of hope and optimism.

Really looking forward to this and just hope to Fowler that we get the 3 points in his first game. Will be a tough one.

Do you even do downers mate? you're the happiest, most optimistic dude ever ...
I picture you like Lenny in the Simpsons:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQraG_TjZWs

Nah one of our AMs is going to score a belter. Its guaranteed. We always score great goals on opening day. Whichever of Elliot or Szobo starts will score.

So what do we know about Ipswich?

They bought:

- Liam Delap - youth striker from Man City. He was on loan at Hull last season and scored 8 goals in 31 games in the championship. By comparison Carvalho scored 9 in 20 games (joining them in Jan).
- Omari Hutchinson - winger from Chelsea. Was on loan at Ipswich last season, scored 10 goals
- Muric - keeper from Burnley

Someone to watch - Leif Davis their LB got 21 assists last season. Hopefully he's too busy shitting himself up against Salah & Trent.

So we can expect a youthful front line, lacking experience in any league let alone the PL.

Any Championship viewers with any views on their style/players? @Pesam ?!

They bought:

- Liam Delap - youth striker from Man City. He was on loan at Hull last season and scored 8 goals in 31 games in the championship. By comparison Carvalho scored 9 in 20 games (joining them in Jan).
- Omari Hutchinson - winger from Chelsea. Was on loan at Ipswich last season, scored 10 goals

Someone to watch - Leif Davis their LB got 21 assists last season. Hopefully he's too busy shitting himself up against Salah & Trent.

So we can expect a youthful front line, lacking experience in any league let alone the PL.

We know they’ve come up 2 leagues in two seasons and will be going straight back down. This one is out of their league.

They bought:

It’s a midday start, away to newly promoted side and we’ve got a new head coach who’s also stepping up to a higher league.

Hopefully, we’ll not concede first.

If Elliott starts, we've got a chance
Unfortunately, based on that Las Palmas game, he won't.
Don't get me wrong I like Harvey, but it feels a bit safer having Szobo who is quicker and better defensively on pitch.

But look at them assists against good opposition like arsenal. Oooooo Mama.

If Elliott doesn't start the season as the default 10, he's damn well ending the season as it
For his sake I hope it's his breakout season.
At the same time I also hope the likes of Szobo and Gravy also reach their potential.
But most importantly, I really, genuinely hope that Nunez sheds his Donkey tag and becomes the striker we expected him to be.
Jota is not gonna last the entire season.

Unfortunately, based on that Las Palmas game, he won't.
Don't get me wrong I like The Boy, but it feels a bit safer having Szobo who is quicker and better defensively on pitch.

Elliot is probably our best presser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom