• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Pre Match - Ipswich (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can pick out many moments from today. Mo shooting tamely at keeper after Szobo put him clean through. Jota heading wide from 6 yards from Trent's cross. Jota under hitting his pass to put Mo clean through first half.

But isn't it funny everyone piles, the only time everyone wants to pile on, is when Diaz when he tries to lift it over the keeper after being clattered?

& then the narrative is "Bradley takes it off Diaz because he'd fuck the shot" when everyone can see Diaz played him in cutely and the lad shot straight at the keeper.

Which is why I say as fans we choose when we want to be picky.

Putting aside personal dislikes, I think that most of us who are (in your opinion) more critical of Diaz than others at times, it's because of what we see from each player on a regular basis...

When Trent crossed that ball in to Jota, I was celebrating before the header went wide, I was so sure that he'd score - He just doesn't miss from there, and we were all stunned that didn't bury it. But he's a class player and finisher, so he's earned a lot of goodwill when it comes to missing sitters and, sure enough, he made amends seconds later. Likewise, when Mo is shite (as he regularly is for large parts of games, for the past couple of seasons), he'll still bang in goals and provide assists. He's well past his best, I'd sell him tomorrow for the right money, but I still know he's going to contribute more often than not.

But, Diaz, at his best is a shite finisher. He's woeful. He fights like a tiger and can create things all day long, and I truly don't dislike him, but when it comes down to him shooting, I never, ever expect him to score any more. He could miss from behind the goal line, FFS.

Him missing sitters is the norm, not the exception. That's the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom