• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diaz

I could change the score at half time on my version. I have a feeling I didn’t have a legit one.

I do miss a good gaming session with the lads. Stayed in, a few beers and splifs, four player mode, pisstakes

For me ISS 98 and CM 97 were the best footy games of that gen. Rest I couldn’t enjoy. I was so good at ISS 98 too, used to give French foreign students goal at Uni head starts before beating them every time.
Xbox and PS2 Footy Gen was not for me.

For me ISS 98 and CM 97 were the best footy games of that gen. Rest I couldn’t enjoy. I was so good at ISS 98 too, used to give French foreign students goal at Uni head starts before beating them every time.
Xbox and PS2 Footy Gen was not for me.

I thought cm 00/01 was the best... don't even remember 97 ... I tried playing 00/01 again a year back and I'm too old now to play these games... I wanted to but once you realize it's time you could have with fam etc, it becomes pointless ... old man I am.

My first footy game was Three Lions which I played on the PC. At one point in time I remember owning a Liverpool specific game - quick google suggests it was called Club Football - Liverpool.

The peak of console footy games for me was FIFA with Lounge Mode. We used that at uni and it was one of the best ways to waste evenings away.

Footy Manager obviously the pinnacle but I just don't have the time to commit to the PC version, and I don't really like the lack of detail you can do in the touch/phone versions, although I have done a few transatlantic flights doing nothing but drinking free beer and trying to get a couple of seasons done in one hit.

Sensible Soccer was the most fun. I always remember the ridiculous amount of curve you could put on the ball for passes. Every player had Xabi Alonso passing range.

I think I grew up playing a footie game called Striker on the PC, which was decent enough, but then I had a PS1 and played Konami's first International Super Star Soccer (later became Pro Evo) and never looked back

International_Superstar_Soccer_Pro_%28game_box_art%29.jpg

I'm gutted FIFA dominated the market. Konami was so far ahead at one point to the point.

Random shoutouts to Actua Soccer, Ronaldo V football and Ultimate Soccer Manager, too. All were good fun. It's kinda bizarre how football has never been bigger but there's never been less footie video games worth playing, but here we are. Chumps needs to stop paying 70 quid for FIFA every year.

I am both disappointed but also relieved that I missed all of this hype around Fifa Ultimate team, playing online, buying player packs etc.

One of my favourite modes on FIFA was the 'be a player' or whatever it was called, and controlling just a single person. Nice change to proceedings.

Sensible Soccer was the most fun. I always remember the ridiculous amount of curve you could put on the ball for passes. Every player had Xabi Alonso passing range.

I think I grew up playing a footie game called Striker on the PC, which was decent enough, but then I had a PS1 and played Konami's first International Super Star Soccer (later became Pro Evo) and never looked back

I'm gutted FIFA dominated the market. Konami was so far ahead at one point to the point.

Random shoutouts to Actua Soccer, Ronaldo V football and Ultimate Soccer Manager, too. All were good fun. It's kinda bizarre how football has never been bigger but there's never been less footie video games worth playing, but here we are. Chumps needs to stop paying 70 quid for FIFA every year.
Actua Soccer was immense at the time. I also had Microprose Soccer too which I enjoyed.

Yea i’m a bit too old for the ultimate team stuff but all the younger lads at work were balls deep in it. This is modern gaming in general, it’s all about milking money.

My son has been asking to play fortnite lego for a while, finally put it on for him and first thing he says is that he wants to be the banana guy, peely. Guess how much that skin is as part of a pack, over a tenner lol.

It’s all crap pay to win, gambling, hyper addictive nonsense.

I am both disappointed but also relieved that I missed all of this hype around Fifa Ultimate team, playing online, buying player packs etc.

One of my favourite modes on FIFA was the 'be a player' or whatever it was called, and controlling just a single person. Nice change to proceedings.

FIFA lifted that from Pro Evo who had previously stolen it from it Libero Grande on the PS1 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LiberoGrande

Even Ultimate Team was essentially Pro Evo's Master League but just made shiny and monetised. I don't think FIFA have had one original idea in 3 decades.

It’s all microtransactions. Even if you were to play the latest versions of COD (which went to shit after Modern Warfare), it is all skins and battle passes. Fuck off. Just let me buy the game and play it without the need to give extra to have any minor advantages.

There used to be a free game on PC that they now have a bad version of on iphone called New Star Soccer. Similar thing, but you also do things like earn endorsements, manage your training load etc.

It’s all microtransactions. Even if you were to play the latest versions of COD (which went to shit after Modern Warfare), it is all skins and battle passes. Fuck off. Just let me buy the game and play it without the need to give extra to have any minor advantages.
sadly we’re dinosaurs, none of the kids actually want that. you know the playstation game that got shut down after a few weeks recently afaik that was exactly what you’ve described, an old style one time fee with no extra outlay.

sadly we’re dinosaurs, none of the kids actually want that. you know the playstation game that got shut down after a few weeks recently afaik that was exactly what you’ve described, an old style one time fee with no extra outlay.
actually ignore that i think maybe it did have micro transactions but maybe it was cosmetic only or something.

I read a thing about this the other day and essentially it was saying that video game prices have stayed well below inflation. I remember my cousin paying 50 quid for the Sims in the early 2000's. Essentially the idiots paying for early releases, deluxe versions, skins, expansions, etc, help keep the standard game down for the rest of us. If games had stayed with inflation then the standard version of a game would be roughly £85-£100 now. I'm fine being subsidised by these cretins - I think the only issue is when it provides an advantage to one player over another. That just needs to be shunned.

I read a thing about this the other day and essentially it was saying that video game prices have stayed well below inflation. I remember my cousin paying 50 quid for the Sims in the early 2000's. Essentially the idiots paying for early releases, deluxe versions, skins, expansions, etc, help keep the standard game down for the rest of us. If games had stayed with inflation then the standard version of a game would be roughly £85-£100 now. I'm fine being subsidised by these cretins - I think the only issue is when it provides an advantage to one player over another. That just needs to be shunned.
I think once the first £100 game is released they will all follow.

GTA 6 enters the chat.

Yea i’m a bit too old for the ultimate team stuff but all the younger lads at work were balls deep in it. This is modern gaming in general, it’s all about milking money.

My son has been asking to play fortnite lego for a while, finally put it on for him and first thing he says is that he wants to be the banana guy, peely. Guess how much that skin is as part of a pack, over a tenner lol.

It’s all crap pay to win, gambling, hyper addictive nonsense.
My son loves fornite and has asked for money for V bucks. I usually flat out refuse as you can still play the game without them. I have bought him V bucks twice, once when he helped me build a wendy house for my daughter (which was a pain in the hoop) and the second time when I bet him to go up and do a stupid dance in front of a group of people. The idiot went and twerked with his tiny arse. That was worth the 7.99.

Actua Soccer was great but also one of the first games to shift way too much realism and annoying animation cycles.
Olympic Soccer, Dino Dini's Goal, Saturn Worldwide Stoccer. Stiker on SNES and Amiga were great games .
I tried playing latest Fifa with kids but I just can't get into it.

My son loves fornite and has asked for money for V bucks. I usually flat out refuse as you can still play the game without them. I have bought him V bucks twice, once when he helped me build a wendy house for my daughter (which was a pain in the hoop) and the second time when I bet him to go up and do a stupid dance in front of a group of people. The idiot went and twerked with his tiny arse. That was worth the 7.99.
haha, you’ve made a great point here. i’ve refused them v bucks and robux for so long now they’d probably run through a brick wall for some. might be time to use that to my advantage

I remember having an early version of FIFA on the Sega Mega Drive. My mates and I used to turn off the referees and just go around fouling each other, no attempt to score. It was like Yie-Ar Kung-Fu, but with football boots and it was fucking hilarious.
And some of the player names in the pre-licensing period were great - Paul Mince was a particular favourite (the name, if not the player).

I remember one of the earlier proevo games, if you positioned a player in a precise area in front of the keeper he would boot the ball into your player from a goal kick and it would bounce over his head and score a goal every-time. Once I won a game 30 - 0 or something. Literally, the most pointless, waste of time thing to do ever! Good fun though.

Or in one of the games you could create a player. So, obviously I made him 99/100 for everything gave him my name and hair colour. In game modes passed the ball to said player at every opportunity and made him score pretty much every time he got the ball. Again, what the hell was I doing with my life!

or when playing my brother and he starts beating me so I foul everyone until I got 5 red cards and the game had to be abandoned.

Back
Top Bottom