• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diaz

Thought he was superb today. Sure he picks the wrong pass at times and misses chances but it’s all part of what he brings and he’s a nightmare to play against once he’s turned and running at you.

Another player who got a bit of a kick in the arse with the new manager coming in and is now producing

One of the salary info pages for football players shows Nat Phillips makes more than Diaz basic wage wise.

given his performance vs Man U lets hope that this puts an end to calls to sell Diaz
It'll never end mate, all it'll take is 1 or 2 poor games and wherever you look they'll be fuckers out there being reactionary seeing it as the perfect opportunity to jump the gun, as they so often do.

It'll never end mate, all it'll take is 1 or 2 poor games and wherever you look they'll be fuckers out there being reactionary seeing it as the perfect opportunity to jump the gun, as they so often do.
Come off it. After 3 seasons of mediocrity, I could say the same about you jumping the gun.
Anyway, I am perfectly fine Diaz that is doing well, long may it continue, but it's only 3 games.

That chip on your shoulder regarding Diaz makes tiresome reading though.

I think Diaz’s value and status have just shot up - his all-around game has always been good and if he looks like he can add end product to that, he’s genuinely one of the best wingers in football. Anthony Gordon doesn’t feel like an upgrade anymore.

One of the salary info pages for football players shows Nat Phillips makes more than Diaz basic wage wise.
There is no way Nat Philips is on the kind of money that is rumoured, just no way. I've no idea where those figures came from, but they are bullshit. I imagine Diaz is on less than the other forwards, but he's not on less than our 5th choice centre half.

I think Diaz’s value and status have just shot up - his all-around game has always been good and if he looks like he can add end product to that, he’s genuinely one of the best wingers in football. Anthony Gordon doesn’t feel like an upgrade anymore.
He's always had the ability to score the odd goal, but it's spotty at best.
And in terms of end product in the final ball, it's still lacking.

It's looking promising though, he doesn't look as headless as in previous seasons, we shall see if he maintains his run of form.

The interest in Anthony Gordon is real, that says a lot about how the management think of Diaz. If Diaz turns it around, great, otherwise we will hear of Gordon again soon enough.

There is no way Nat Philips is on the kind of money that is rumoured, just no way. I've no idea where those figures came from, but they are bullshit. I imagine Diaz is on less than the other forwards, but he's not on less than our 5th choice centre half.
Salary Sport has Diaz at £90,000 pw. No idea if that's correct (from 2023) but it seems far more likely than the £55,000 I see on most sites.

Salary Sport has Diaz at £90,000 pw. No idea if that's correct (from 2023) but it seems far more likely than the £55,000 I see on most sites.
There's no way of knowing but given that he came from Portugal and, presumably, had an offer from Spurs who aren't known for their high wages then I don't think we'd have needed to pay a lot to get the deal done.
I agree that £90k is more likely then £55k, and I'd expect chunky bonuses on top of that.

This is rubbish, and you know it. Those of us who has been critical of Diaz's FINISHING (not his work rate or attitude) are fucking delighted that he's banging a few in now, to start the season. Long may it last. But that doesn't mean that he hasn't been shite in front of goal for us, for the vast majority of his time with us.

IF THIS is the real Diaz, he's one of the most exiting forwards in the league. If this is a blip and how he's been is really him, then our criticisms remain valid.

Diaz is absolutely a form Vs class type player. He's in great form now; but the indecision and poor choices will creep back in. As that's what he's shown consistently.

If he's turned over a new leaf and the last 2 seasons weren't a true reflection of his ability, then fair play; why did the cunt not bother his arse for 2 years.

Come off it. After 3 seasons of mediocrity, I could say the same about you jumping the gun.
Anyway, I am perfectly fine Diaz that is doing well, long may it continue, but it's only 3 games.

That chip on your shoulder regarding Diaz makes tiresome reading though.
Same about me? I didn’t mention you anywhere so not sure what you’re getting so chirpy about? Just scroll past posts you don’t wanna read, it’s not difficult.

Back
Top Bottom