• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diaz

He's been unlucky throughout his time here and judged unfairly for too long. You can't factor in Gordon's "immense work rate" as one of the reasons to sign him then completely dismiss what Diaz does for the side off the ball.

Last season he would've ended up with double figures for goals in the league, and very few wide men managed that in the league. He was robbed at Spurs and by the post 3 or 4 times. Stupid post, not your post - football post.

No, I don't think that's right either that he was judged unfairly. No one has doubted his work rate and hustle. It's that he's been a South American Milan Baros.

This year he's become more direct and the end product is actually paying off. With losing Mane and Bobby and with Mo (stats aside) gradually becoming less effective and with Darwin AWOL and Jota injured, someone has to put the ball in the net or lay it on a tee. And now Diaz is doing that.

He looks like he is turning the corner, which is great, but it's only been 5 games.

He had 3 seasons where he wasn't nearly good enough. He didn't have an end product.

Why are we trying to white wash that? Unless certain people have an agenda. 🙄

He’s getting back to the level he showed when he was the catalyst for our challenge for the quad imo

Reactions: jan
He looks like he is turning the corner, which is great, but it's only been 5 games.

He had 3 seasons where he wasn't nearly good enough. He didn't have an end product.

Why are we trying to white wash that? Unless certain people have an agenda. 🙄
Diaz was mostly excellent after joining the Premier League. He then got wiped out with an injury that takes 18-24 months to fully recover from and return to their best, which we are now seeing. To completely disregard all that context whilst claiming others are the ones with an "agenda" is just plain silly.

I certainly didn't see this change in form coming because it wasn't related to his injury. He had his pace back last season, he just couldn't make the right decision when it mattered. Now I'd trust him with the nuclear codes.

Gordon's so much better than this guy.

Gordon is all about that end product, he's younger, fresher, more to give, he's got that scouse blood. He's the 1.

He had one decent season (excluding the CL where he did nothing btw) and people think he's the answer. Has he managed to carry through that form into this season? No.

Just shows you how much some fans that claim to know.....really know about football, getting all excited because they see a couple stats which gives them a hard on. Keep your dicks in your pants.

I started reading this post without observing who wrote it. And I laughed to myself thinking I knew who wrote it. I looked up and I was right 😆

I certainly didn't see this change in form coming because it wasn't related to his injury. He had his pace back last season, he just couldn't make the right decision when it mattered. Now I'd trust him with the nuclear codes.

You’ll be giving them to Darwin by the end of the season perhaps 😆😆

Untitled.jpg

View: https://x.com/DataMB_/status/1837518701366858202

I've seen some Geordies say Gordon has been disinterested and ineffective since the start of the season, which is doubly pleasing.

I've seen some Geordies say Gordon has been disinterested and ineffective since the start of the season, which is doubly pleasing.
That would be my main reason to buy Gordon.
Both him and Branthwaite. Just to piss Everton off some more.

spot the guy who didn’t spend half his life playing football games

Well spotted!

I did but it was “match day” on the spectrum 48k and “FIFA 94” and now with my young lad it’s FIFA 24 - but he scrolls through the thousands of set up options to get the game going.

Well spotted!

I did but it was “match day” on the spectrum 48k and “FIFA 94” and now with my young lad it’s FIFA 24 - but he scrolls through the thousands of set up options to get the game going.
Probably best version of Fifa ever, Fifa 94. Same year as Jap version of ISS.

2 Years before Original Fifa came out same time as Sensi Soccer on Mega drive. As well as original Sensi World of Soccer on Amiga and 3yrs before, Kick off 2.

What an era of football games…

I thought pro evolution was decent in the 2000s as well.

But Football Manager on the Spectrum 48K in 1985? Nothing ever will top that. Oh and MatchDay as well. Tell me someone here played matchday too?

Back
Top Bottom