• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Diaz

Based on how Slot likes to set up his wingers. Wide and 1 v 1 as often as possible.
Id almost rather doak get the minutes to try and learn an end product, rather than persist with hit and miss Diaz

Watched back the replays. His miss from the Trent pass right in front of the goal, is just no excuse really. He actually had the time to take 3-4 steps before the ball reaches him and he somehow still manages to scoop it over the bar.

Backs up what I say really. Fucking great at progressing the ball and taking people on....but where's the goals? Where's the assists? Mans fucking shite in the final third
He's extremely frustrating to watch at times.
We have two very different LW competing for the starting spot in him and Gakpo.
One is creative but not very effective.
The other is more direct but less creative.

Who do we start?

Honestly, I'd continue with Diaz and see what he does in the next game. If he's as wasteful as he was yesterday, bring on Gakkers.

He's extremely frustrating to watch at times.
We have two very different LW competing for the starting spot in him and Gakpo.
One is creative but not very effective.
The other is more direct but less creative.

Who do we start?

Honestly, I'd continue with Diaz and see what he does in the next game. If he's as wasteful as he was yesterday, bring on Gakkers.

Gakpo played through the middle when he came on yesterday didn’t he?

Maybe we’ll allow the Chaos Donkey loose on the left instead of Diaz… not as he could miss more.

It'd be useful to have a compilation of all the times Diaz beat his man or progressed the ball significantly yesterday and just see what he did with it.

I suspect his end product is nowhere near as bad as people make out.

I know for sure that one of his runs ended with a perfectly good ball played into the box for someone to shoot (think it was Szob).

And I still maintain that there's value in just being able to beat defenders and/or carry the ball long distances. It creates havoc. Even if the final ball is bad, if defenders are having to clear in a hurry or from a disorganised shape, then surely the chances of players following up or ricochets is pretty high, and fairly valuable.

I think people need to be a bit more circumspect about this stuff. I mean, I'd happily replace him with Anthony Gordon, but I do think he's an effective player overall.

Gakpo played through the middle when he came on yesterday didn’t he?

Maybe we’ll allow the Chaos Donkey loose on the left instead of Diaz… not as he could miss more.
Hehe...yeah that would be the other alternative, but after the Euro's I'm convinced that Gakpo should primarily be deployed on the left.

Hehe...yeah that would be the other alternative, but after the Euro's I'm convinced that Gakpo should primarily be deployed on the left.

Possibly - but I feel like Slot wants his forward to be able to drop deep, find space and link play (to drag CB’s out is position and create space for midfield runners) as well as make runs into the box.

I fell like if that’s explained to Darwin his head will go pop or he’ll drop too deep and forget the way back to the forward line… but if you stick him out on the left and go “Right back… run at… fast… kick round thing (not spectator unless Diaz Dad) to centre!!!”… he might just get it!!!!

Possibly - but I feel like Slot wants his forward to be able to drop deep, find space and link play (to drag CB’s out is position and create space for midfield runners) as well as make runs into the box.

I fell like if that’s explained to Darwin his head will go pop or he’ll drop too deep and forget the way back to the forward line… but if you stick him out on the left and go “Right back… run at… fast… kick round thing (not spectator unless Diaz Dad) to centre!!!”… he might just get it!!!!
You might be on to something there...

And if you're not expecting Nunez to score if he ever did it would be a bonus and not an ok that almost makes up for the last eight you stuck in row Z.

I can see why we persist with Diaz because he's soooo close to being it. But he's not.

Also… we need Diaz to look good so as we can fleece Barca for another £100m (plus £40m that they’ll owe us for all eternity).

I’d like to see Diaz on the right where he’s supported by Trent / Szobo who can help maximise his skill.

We don’t switch him & mo enough IMO. When Mo & Mane did it i felt it could be lethal

I think he's underestimated, he's dragging two opposition players to cover him lots of the time. That miss though ...
Is he the Donkey with half a brain?

It’s that Man City miss last season that did it for me. That was a turning point for us. If he has of scored that I feel we could Have gone closer for the title.

He is what he is….relentless runner and presser, great at dribbling and drawing opposition players to him to free up space for others…but a mediocre finisher / provider.

We’re a top club. No need to sell him, he’s an excellent complement to a competitive forward line…we just need a more direct, high level finisher to bring on / replace his starting place whilst he covers both right and left as a squad option.

We’re a top club. No need to sell him, he’s an excellent complement to a competitive forward line…we just need a more direct, high level finisher to bring on / replace his starting place whilst he covers both right and left as a squad option.

Agreed.

That brings us back to Nunez. He was a bad buy, we should've cut our losses sooner and got someone else.

Fair play to him, last 2 games hes found the target. Still broke down a lot of attacks before the first goal today mind. Long may his scoring continue

It’s early doors but three goals in three games. Wowzers. Seems to have improved greatly on the end product

It’s early doors but three goals in three games. Wowzers. Seems to have improved greatly on the end product
I have always liked him in the box, which used to be more rare. His end product from the wing and his ability to run into cul-de-sacs have always been the issues. Those have not been as obvious and his finishing has been first rate. Long may it continue!

Big-ups to Lucho.
All his (well documented) issues aside, this mutha fucka never ever EVER stops working and he delivered today big time.
Seriously, give this man pay rise.

Big-ups to Lucho.
All his (well documented) issues aside, this mutha fucka never ever EVER stops working and he delivered today big time.
Seriously, give this man pay rise.
Didn't he get hooked for not working?

He's in the best form of his career. He's underpaid so you can understand all the rumblings.

Back
Top Bottom