• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COPA AMERICA

I want Argentina and Brazil out this round and Uruguay next round. Being selfish I want our first teamers back asap.

I see what you did there
I don't like what he did there at all, in any case this tournament will be used to prove that Nunez is the king of South American footy - and NO FUCKING way do we sell him when the rest of the best of Europe start putting in offers for him. Also - I want him to sign a one year extension before we sell Diaz - if we sell him to Barca.

NUNEZ NUNEZ NUNEZ !!!!!

My head says "If Diaz wins the Copa, Barcelona and PSG will spend 80m to take him off our hands"
I can get behind this. Although 3 matches, 1 goal (a pen) and no assist isn't doing him any favours. Let's hope Barca's scouts have already decided and are all at the Euros instead.

I can get behind this. Although 3 matches, 1 goal (a pen) and no assist isn't doing him any favours. Let's hope Barca's scouts have already decided and are all at the Euros instead.
Sounds like his normal ratios.

When did Canada become so good? It still blows me how far they've come from a few years ago. Hopefully, they're not the next Jamaica

Slow build over many years punctuated with what has become our golden generation. Finally becoming less tactically naive as well and better able to resist the shenanigans in CONCACAF.

But we lack a cutting edge up front. Goals are tough to come by against top level opposition.

We face many of the same issues as the USA in terms of how we operate youth football but our federation is completely skint once players reach the top. Administratively we're a mess.

Ultimately we should be putting out decent teams though. 40 million people in a high income nation with growth driven by immigrants from across the globe. Should at least be at the level of countries like Australia.

One teasing ball across goal that deserves a finish aside, he wasn't impressive at all against Brazil last night. In a match where Colombia were the better side for much of it, he didn't stand out.

Woo baby! Canada with a deserved win over Venezuela last night, on penalties, to earn a semi final rematch with Argentina!

Tremendous performance. Still lacking a cutting edge up front. But the grit to hang on after giving up a difficult equalizer and to win on spotkicks is something I've never seen from a Canadian team in my lifetime.

Have no illusions about beating Argentina but what a performance at this tournament.

Woo baby! Canada with a deserved win over Venezuela last night, on penalties, to earn a semi final rematch with Argentina!

Tremendous performance. Still lacking a cutting edge up front. But the grit to hang on after giving up a difficult equalizer and to win on spotkicks is something I've never seen from a Canadian team in my lifetime.

Have no illusions about beating Argentina but what a performance at this tournament.

Rode their luck with a few red cards in the groups but goes to show where a bit of luck can take you.

Stay defensively solid and you never know, like Ecuador showed in the quarters.

I was a bit disappointed TBH. Nothing at all against Canada but if any country needs something to go right for it and spread some happiness amongst the people it was Venezuela.

Reactions: jan
Look at you ? - still finding ways to knock the lad down. If he is scoring there has to be a negative reason for it.
He is the best and moth lethal striker in the world by himself. Before you say "ah hem Haarland ?" - well he's pretty useless without any supporting cast of players. Darwin is a generational talent of a striker if you need a lone warrior up front.
I'm sorry, what..? Are you his Da?!?!

Rode their luck with a few red cards in the groups but goes to show where a bit of luck can take you.

Stay defensively solid and you never know, like Ecuador showed in the quarters.

For sure. But, though helped by the red cards, the officiating was certainly not in our favour throughout. Really dodgy officiating throughout the tournament, in all directions.

If this team could score more, we'd really be cooking.

I was a bit disappointed TBH. Nothing at all against Canada but if any country needs something to go right for it and spread some happiness amongst the people it was Venezuela.

There's more than a few countries that could use a bit of happiness. But don't worry, we'll need our boost in Canada after a few years of Tory government put upon us by the next election.

There's more than a few countries that could use a bit of happiness. But don't worry, we'll need our boost in Canada after a few years of Tory government put upon us by the next election.
Yeah but what's happened in Venezuela is horrendous. Country's been destroyed

Is the Venezuela thing just because they've been sanctioned to absolute fuck, so they're double fucked?

Not sold on Ugarte as a #6 - he’s more a Gattuso than a Rodri. You want a player like him to speed up the game, not slow it down.

Ugarte wins it for Uruguay!

Happy for Darwin and Mr. Bielsa. An ugly game, but in the end it didn’t matter. Looking forward to Lucho vs Nunez showdown!

Not sold on Ugarte as a #6 - he’s more a Gattuso than a Rodri. You want a player like him to speed up the game, not slow it down.

I’ll say it again - he’s not going to work in a Slot team then.

If our statto’s are actually any good they’ll not be in the slightest way interested in him.

I’ll say it again - he’s not going to work in a Slot team then.

If our statto’s are actually any good they’ll not be in the slightest way interested in him.

I don't know; there are different ways to balance a midfield and one of them is to use a bulldog type midfielder as one of the #8's. We did it with Wijnaldum, Kante is basically that type (although he is good in any midfield position), the aforementioned Gattuso and later Vidal were great at protecting Pirlo while playing further forward than him etc etc. I don't know if Ugarte is the answer for us, but I strongly suspect we won't sign a ready-made world-class #6, because there is no such player on the market.

Back
Top Bottom