• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Match Thread Bournemouth (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Szoboslai is an odd duck in midfield. I can't tell whether he's struggling to come to grips with a very complicated system, or he's just shit.
Like I said in the Milan match thread. His first touch, dribbling and final ball are very "inconsistent" at best.

And those are the attributes you need to play in between the lines in this Slot system.

If we had a player like Musiala or Wirtz in that 10 role, we'd be 5-0 up today.

Like I said in the Milan match thread. His first touch, dribbling and final ball are very "inconsistent" at best.

And those are the attributes you need to play in between the lines in this Slot system.

You know what - we should see if we can swap Szob in a deal with PSG to get that other Dutch No. 10, Slot can make it work would be great. I know I said no more Dutch but Szob is just a fucking Duracell bunny. The alternative is Curtis - play him in the 10 instead.

Perhaps, but Musiala or Wirtz don’t press like Szoboszlai does. I think he is one of those players you will feel more by his absence.

You know what - we should see if we can swap Szob in a deal with PSG to get that other Dutch No. 10, Slot can make it work would be great. I know I said no more Dutch but Szob is just a fucking Duracell bunny. The alternative is Curtis - play him in the 10 instead.
Simons? Absolutely.

I want to see Curtis given a run out in that role too.

Szobo is great in the 10 role, if you're looking at it from a defensive POV. Because he's very good at running and pressing.

But his actual quality on the ball and decision making is pretty poor. Both in transition and when the space is minimal.

Perhaps, but Musiala or Wirtz don’t press like Szoboszlai does. I think he is one of those players you will feel more by his absence.
That's the thing, he provides the energy in the game, perhaps that is why he is inconsistent as he has to draw breath to do the basic actions at the end of a run. He has the talent but it just does not work out right at the key moment. The number of 5 yard passes that I see him get wrong is just way too much for my liking.

Simons? Absolutely.

I want to see Curtis given a run out in that role too.

Szobo is great in the 10 role, if you're looking at it from a defensive POV. Because he's very good at running and pressing.

But his actual quality on the ball and decision making is pretty poor. Both in transition and when the space is minimal.
Yes Simons !!!

Szobo's only played like 5 games under Slot. He is still young. If consistency is the only thing he needs to find, he has done well enough to get the time to. When he finds it he will be great. Not many players can run/press like him.

Can we also call out Mo on missing some chances please ? from what I am hearing he's not been good.

Also hearing they are creating too many chances against us - is that true ?

Oh yes, I agree. Just made a post regarding his pressing. Off the ball, he's great for a Slot role.

I think you're right on Wirtz, but Musiala is a good presser too. Not as good as Szobo, but the drop off in pressing between Szobo and Musiala isn't as big a difference as the drop off in quality between Musiala and Szobo (on the ball).

Can we also call out Mo on missing some chances please ? from what I am hearing he's not been good.

Also hearing they are creating too many chances against us - is that true ?
He’s been rubbish for 2 1/2 games. Sell!

Szobo's only played like 5 games under Slot. He is still young. If consistency is the only thing he needs to find, he has done well enough to get the time to. When he finds it he will be great. Not many players can run/press like him.
One thing I would like to see is Macca and him rotating more in their roles. Szobo looks half decent in the 6/8 role when he isn't being pressed intensely.

Especially at home. when I wouldn't expect us to have to cover massive spaces, as the opposition sit in.

This is reminding me of a goal against Everton a little while back with their keeper going for a little walk. Remind me, someone with a functioning brain.

Darwin cut down the left on a counter, crossed it into the box, that uber-cunt in their goals decided to come out for the ball as if Mo wasn't racing into the box, misjudged the play by about 5 yards, and Mo basically controlled the ball into a gaping Kop end goal. I think, at least...

He’s been rubbish for 2 1/2 games. Sell!
He was dogshit against Forest.

But has been average the last 2 games. Still has an assist today though.

Let's see if Slot has the minerals to sub him (whilst he hasn't scored).

Nunez is playing well. Diaz too. Salah is the worst today and we have Jota/Gakpo/Chiesa who all need/deserve minutes.

At least we can spend the second half predicting fresh ways for Everton to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wow, a much more even game than the 3-0 suggested.
Having said that if you attack us in numbers you are going to be exposed too.
Gravy outstanding after a sloppy first few mins.
VVD, Robbo and Macca all very good.
Diaz fantastic 2 goals and should have had an assist.
Nunez did fuck all then scored a worldie and deserved to finally see one go in off the woodwork.
Salah missed two good chances but nick’s another assist along with Trent.
Konate should be hooked at HT if Quansah was first game.

Hopefully we control the second half a bit better and score a couple more. Goal difference could be important and we need to take advantage where we can.
I can see Jota coming on and filling his boots.

Very misleading score line, but I'll take it.

We all started like we were still asleep, and were very lucky not to be behind before we even had a sniff at their end. Our defense is VERY vulnerable.

But, Kepa decided that making a couple of decent saves was enough for him, and did a real Pickford for our first. Still, it was lovely tight control and a calm finish, in fairness to Lucho. The second was very tidy. The third a fucking screamer!!!

Two things from that first half... That Macca half-volley through ball to Mo is the best pass I've seen since Beardsley's ball to Aldo in the Forest 5-0. It got me off the couch! And when did Grav turn into Lothar Mattheus?!?! What a player he's become to start the season.

Very misleading score line, but I'll take it.

We all started like we were still asleep, and were very lucky not to be behind before we even had a sniff at their end. Our defense is VERY vulnerable.

But, Kepa decided that making a couple of decent saves was enough for him, and did a real Pickford for our first. Still, it was lovely tight control and a calm finish, in fairness to Lucho. The second was very tidy. The third a fucking screamer!!!

Two things from that first half... That Macca half-volley through ball to Mo is the best pass I've seen since Beardsley's ball to Aldo in the Forest 5-0. It got me off the couch! And when did Grav turn into Lothar Mattheus?!?! What a player he's become to start the season.
Can someone say how they are getting through and our defence looking very vulnerable ? - I just don't get it, everyone saying Gravy playing well, and Mac10 not been bitched about - so if that is the case - how are they breaking us down so easily ? - has Trent been going walk about again and leaving the back line short changed ? - what's going on ?

Wow, a much more even game than the 3-0 suggested.
Having said that if you attack us in numbers you are going to be exposed too.
Gravy outstanding after a sloppy first few mins.
VVD, Robbo and Macca all very good.
Diaz fantastic 2 goals and should have had an assist.
Nunez did fuck all then scored a worldie and deserved to finally see one go in off the woodwork.
Salah missed two good chances but nick’s another assist along with Trent.
Konate should be hooked at HT if Quansah was first game.

Hopefully we control the second half a bit better and score a couple more. Goal difference could be important and we need to take advantage where we can.
I can see Jota coming on and filling his boots.

I disagree with Nunez doing fuck all. He made several smart runs, and opening a lot of space.

He's been decent today, even if he hadn't scored

Was that Ryan Gravenberch or Patrick Vieira there powering past 3 players?

If this guy puts on just a little bit more muscle (which is natural when you age), he'll be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom