• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COPA AMERICA

For those who can't see it:
Thanks for posting that, that was a very good goal, so happy for South Americas best striker. As for that other miss from the cross, he did Ok and the goalkeeper made an excellent save but of course because its Darwin - for many of you... it can only be his fault.

I reckon you and others are going to be eating your spleen next season because I can't see him being sold.
Nah, not a hater. I gave him two seasons of support. But I've seen this movie before of persisting with players who are just below what we need.

It's been the last 30 years of supporting the club till Klopp came along

Well on the positive side his hair no longer looks like Andy Carol's

Nah, not a hater. I gave him two seasons of support. But I've seen this movie before of persisting with players who are just below what we need.

It's been the last 30 years of supporting the club till Klopp came along
Why does everyone assume that Klopp used all our players in the right way during his reign ? He and Pep fucked up really badly, sometimes players should be used to play to utilize their best skills/assets and not fit into the system especially when its not working. Take Darwin first season, he was making runs and in line with last opposition defender, we could have played a counter attacking style knowing our midfielders were fucked but we did not. Also, both Diaz and Salah are unpredictable greedy fuckers, Darwin is never the focal point when those two play so half the time he probably dont known when the balls gonna be played to him or when to expect something. I am hoping Slot will use players in the right way.

Have to say Darwin seems a lot more confident and effective playing for Bielsa than he did for Klopp. I started the original “Donkey no more” thread after he destroyed Brazil last Fall, thinking he would surely recreate this form for LFC - but that never happened and the thread eventually became just “Donkey...”

To be fair, the most likely explanation for this could just be the lower level of opposition he’s facing for national team.

I've kinda warmed to the idea of giving him one more year under Slot. The striker market seems really poor anyway this summer.

Have to say Darwin seems a lot more confident and effective playing for Bielsa than he did for Klopp. I started the original “Donkey no more” thread after he destroyed Brazil last Fall, thinking he would surely recreate this form for LFC - but that never happened and the thread eventually became just “Donkey...”

To be fair, the most likely explanation for this could just be the lower level of opposition he’s facing for national team.

Ngl. He missed about 6 - 7 really good chances in this match. But his running and energy was top notch, most of the chances were created by his anticipation and off the ball work.

So not much difference from his usual I guess 😂

Look at you ? - still finding ways to knock the lad down. If he is scoring there has to be a negative reason for it.
He is the best and moth lethal striker in the world by himself. Before you say "ah hem Haarland ?" - well he's pretty useless without any supporting cast of players. Darwin is a generational talent of a striker if you need a lone warrior up front.

The Andy Carroll thing is unfair. He's more like Djibril Cisse.

We've seen this movie before. Save ourselves the pain and sign a genuine goal scorer.

Gakpo - Diaz - Salah - Nunez - Jota

It looks amazing on paper, but last year shows us at least two need to go.

He was doing fine till upto the Forest game then went total Gakpoo. Ok with him getting another season, fine with it.

The Andy Carroll thing is unfair. He's more like Djibril Cisse.

We've seen this movie before. Save ourselves the pain and sign a genuine goal scorer.

Gakpo - Diaz - Salah - Nunez - Jota

It looks amazing on paper, but last year shows us at least two need to go.
What last year showed was Klopp training a new midfield to be title winning within a month but not necessarily playing those front men in positions to get the best from them. Also doing what Klopp does best...exhausting the midfield and not having enough to provide cover during injuries to the point where we no longer knew whast Szob was actually good at.

It's kicking off at the Copa. Vinicius showboating, gets shoved, no call, and it's handbags! Gotta love it.

Completely ludicrous no foul call fwiw

Lol and Vinicius scores just seconds after the restart, 5 minutes into 2 minutes of first half stoppage time. This is brilliant theatre.

Needs a new song. Let’s have the kop boost that ego. Get him swagging around every PL ground

Six minutes into Canada-Chile and we've already had two Chileans rolling around on the floor like they've been stabbed.

Peru and Chile have both been trying to advance in the media that Canada play excessively physical.

Going to be a long 90 minutes.

Canada through to the quarterfinals after a scrappy scoreless draw against Chile. Chile were down a man for much of the game after a fairly soft second yellow but, despite Canada having most of the ball, generated enough good chances to win.

Canada played tough, physical, and we're as adept at the South American style shenanigans as the Chileans, which is nice to see. Didn't create many chances though, which is worrying.

First ever progression from the group stage at a major tournament and we'll likely face Venezuela.

I'm a fan of Jesse Marsch in charge so far and if he can find a way to get this team scoring, he'll do well for us.

Thinking of going to USA v Bolivia on Sunday, and there's two games in Austin next week as well. Tickets all decently priced.

Been offered tickets to the final in Miami with the young fella. Debating. once in a lifetime experience but don't have the $ at the min!
Do it 100%

Mexico is out at the group stages after a scoreless draw with Ecuador. Canada plays Venezuela, who avoid a tricky tie with Argentina as a result.

Tonight's top match is Uruguay v USA, which should be fun.

Lol that refereeing was insane.

Who thought it was a good idea to have a kid from the Peruvian League take charge?

Lol that refereeing was insane.

Who thought it was a good idea to have a kid from the Peruvian League take charge?

Could have been worse - could have been an experienced Premier League Referee from England.

Good job Man City’s owners aren’t bankrolling this comp.

Quarters:

Argentina v Ecuador
Canada v Venezuela

Colombia v Panama
Uruguay v Brazil

Very nice. Here's hoping Luis Diaz smashes a hat trick past Martinez in the final.

Went to see the Copa America in Austin tonight. Good atmosphere, decent game. CR v Para. ALMIRON was playing

Quarters:

Argentina v Ecuador
Canada v Venezuela

Colombia v Panama
Uruguay v Brazil

Very nice. Here's hoping Luis Diaz smashes a hat trick past Martinez in the final.
When did Canada become so good? It still blows me how far they've come from a few years ago. Hopefully, they're not the next Jamaica

Back
Top Bottom