• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COPA AMERICA

Have to say, as much as many of us like to make fun of the excesses of the PC/cancel culture, the alternative where it doesn’t exist is far, far worse. Imagine if there was no social pressure on these guys to retract and apologize for what they said, if fans started taking cues from racist players and whole stadiums chanted this stuff whenever they see a dark-skinned player and how it would affect the society at large.

At least now the cat has been forced partially back in the bag, even if most people won’t believe the Comic Sans apology is sincere. Some standards of behaviour do have to be enforced, even if it’s inherently imperfect and contradictory… Of course it would be much easier if people just stopped being dickheads, but that doesn’t seem to be an option.

And he’s fucked, rightfully as well:

Breaking: FIFA is investigating the Enzo Fernandez video.
@Reuters
#CFC
I presume it's being selective, as weren't there a few players in the video? Not that it matters mind. Fuckers bang to rights and gonna get a ban

I presume it's being selective, as weren't there a few players in the video? Not that it matters mind. Fuckers bang to rights and gonna get a ban
It says the video so I would imagine they are all in shit

Well, someone already paid the price - Argentinian deputy minister of sport who said Messi should apologize with the rest of the team and has been swiftly fired for daring to suggest such a thing.

Here's what he had to say:

[Todo Pasa]

“You have to be careful with what you say or do, especially in Europe where they are much more sensitive than here. The reality is that we are not a racist country; we are not used to talking about racism so much…​

“Yes, it's a very important topic, obviously. Enzo has already apologized and explained what happened. I don't think there's much more to say. We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intentions, he's not that guy, he's not racist.

"It's just a chant that got stuck and is more of a mocking tone than anything else. But, as I said, you have to be very careful.

"I think the most important thing is that Enzo came out, gave the corresponding apologies, and that, in the end, should be valued." @UrbanaPlayFM

-------

I wish he just said no comment.

Nah they were all singing a different song. When they started singing the racist one, Enzo stuck his face into his phone so no one else was visible

Here's what he had to say:

[Todo Pasa]

“You have to be careful with what you say or do, especially in Europe where they are much more sensitive than here. The reality is that we are not a racist country; we are not used to talking about racism so much…​

“Yes, it's a very important topic, obviously. Enzo has already apologized and explained what happened. I don't think there's much more to say. We know Enzo, we know he would never do it with bad intentions, he's not that guy, he's not racist.

"It's just a chant that got stuck and is more of a mocking tone than anything else. But, as I said, you have to be very careful.

"I think the most important thing is that Enzo came out, gave the corresponding apologies, and that, in the end, should be valued." @UrbanaPlayFM

-------

I wish he just said no comment.
He means Enzo is really sorry he got found out but what was more dumb than saying it is himself posting it on social media.
Mac Allister, now that is a proper Argentinian name if I ever saw one so he should know. What a total tool, can't wait to turn on him once he fucks off to RM to play with Jude Bellend.

Yeah, that’s wishy-washy at best, but not surprised - clearly the perception over in Argentina is quite different, the public at large think they can’t possibly be racist and it’s the Europeans who are being overly sensitive. He’s trying to walk a tightrope that’s so thin it doesn’t physically exist.
oh yes, here's the deputy PMs response:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/1e5vdqs/x_argentinas_vicepresident_victoria_villarruel_no/

Predictable.

Enzo Fernández's father "It is difficult for Europeans to understand our football folklore. In 2014, when Germany beat us, they imitated how gauchos walk and treated us like ignorants. In 2018, France mocked Messi for his height. We never came out to say we were being discriminated against.

--------

It just gets better.

its actually very logical. If you draw a line from the ball as it is kicked that is parallel to the goal line and then rotate it, with the ball as the pivot point, then the last player it crosses is the one closest to the goal and so, if it is an attacking player, it is offside, if it is a defending player it is not offside.

So that mad looking Venezuelan VAR line is in fact way more effective than the shit our VAR provides at the moment.

Edit - looked again, and the line doesn't pivot from the ball, but from the throw in line ... however the logic is the same in that if all defending players are behind a line that is from the ball to the attacking player and is diagonal towards goal then that player is offside

Back
Top Bottom