• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

COPA AMERICA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Munoz was a real good pick up by Palace, looks real good. Good wing play by Diaz to dig the cross out on his weaker foot, Some leap by Munoz to head just wide.

Ah Nunez 😀, great first touch…shot inches past the post.

Dang. First corner of the game and Hamez isn’t messing around. On the money and Lerma squeezes it past Rochet. That’s tough.

Watching Diaz and Nunez, you just feel you cannot rely on either of them to provide enough goals - let alone rely on both of them together. Slot would need to think long and hard where the goals will be coming from.

Has Donkey just managed to get himself banned for a year for getting stuck into someone in the crowd?

Messi gets the goal his general play deserved in this tournament.

To go from never winning an international tournament to winning the last three would be a big step on his quest to be regarded as the greatest ever by many.
He gets on with the game.
There is little drama about him.
It's not always about him, he works for the team.

Unlike the other guy, always dramatic.

To me he is the greatest footballer even as of now, at least in my era.

Watching Diaz and Nunez, you just feel you cannot rely on either of them to provide enough goals - let alone rely on both of them together. Slot would need to think long and hard where the goals will be coming from.
It's blatantly clear already. Diaz had 3 seasons, Nunez had 2, ideally both should go, if I have it my way.

I can't wait for the season to start, but I suspect we are stuck with both, and it will be another frustrating season of missed chances and crazy narratives.

Diaz Nunez Salah, oh my, think of the amount of missed chances in there.

Like last season when we scored 142 goals ? 86 goals at 2.26 per game in the PL? Fuck me the revisionism on this forum.

I watched the entire game, and that was my takeaway, too. This was Nunez's moment—playing against ten-man Colombia for more than a half and not delivering. Uruguay committed so much forward, and Diaz had so many opportunities to score, and he did not impress either.

Of course, folks will point out the overall number of goals we scored. But that does not tell the whole story. It is also the consistency of goal scoring. I remember in Salah's third season; there was a big debate here on Salah vs Suarez. Folks pointed out the goal scored per game by Suarez in that season. Suarez's total goal scored in the number of games he played was spectacular, but they came in bursts - 4 or 5 against Norwich,hattrick against some other team. The peak was something we had not seen before. Salah's consistency was sensational - a goal literally every game.

One creates legendary memories. The other wins you the premier league.

I believe we have the attack to get close to what is needed to win the PL in total numbers. I don't think they have the consistency to distribute it among games - that boring day in and day out, no matter who the opposition is, we will score more than you. This assumes Slott is as effective as Klopp in squeezing performance out of his attack.

I believe we have the attack to get close to what is needed to win the PL in total numbers. I don't think they have the consistency to distribute it among games - that boring day in and day out, no matter who the opposition is, we will score more than you. This assumes Slott is as effective as Klopp in squeezing performance out of his attack.
Frankly I don't see it quite that way. If the defence would stop conceding the first goal then irrespective we were in the title race to the end last season. Regardless of how / when we scored our goals.
It was as much on the defence as the attack but of course most viewers will see goal opportunities spurned and lay the blame there (though it's a contributing factor not the sole critical moment).

We score enough goals. My hope is that Slot will build on Klopp's legacy but tighten up his blind spot, the defence.

Jaysis, missing all those sitters against a 10 man team. Top strikers don't keep fumbling like this.

It's almost like this is the norm nowadays. Great athletes, who score occasionally, but lack the finish. So many of them around (and on our team).

Jaysis, missing all those sitters against a 10 man team. Top strikers don't keep fumbling like this.

It's almost like this is the norm nowadays. Great athletes, who score occasionally, but lack the finish. So many of them around (and on our team).
Yeah they had a while segment about it on ESPN. Darwin did not have a good game. Same old story, created space for himself got chances and missed all of them.
He's just not a clinical striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom