• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Roma vs Liverpool 00:30 ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
i loved the way the yanks were completely incapable of observing the minute's silence. i think they shit themselves after 10 seconds of introspection.

Why was there a minutes silence? Obviously I know it was for Hillsborough, but was there a particular date or something? Forgive my ignorance.

It was for the airliner that was shot down.

And BTW it's a bit rich criticising the Yanks for not observing a minute's silence when we Brits are so feckin poor at it that half the time we have to do a minute's applause instead.

And BTW it's a bit rich criticising the Yanks for not observing a minute's silence when we Brits are so feckin poor at it that half the time we have to do a minute's applause instead.
Someone on twitter said it was for Hillsborough, has me all sorts of confused, thanks for the clarification.

It was a Liverpool fan that broke the silence though. I heard him scream 'this is for the 96'. Normally the minutes applause is due to fear of the opposition fans ruining it.

Point is they're still Brits though, nor (unfortunately) does it happen only in respect of Hillsborough.

It was the radio this morning which attributed the silence to the downed airliner. Sorry if that wasn't correct, but TBH it still seems more likely to me.

Point is they're still Brits though, nor (unfortunately) does it happen only in respect of Hillsborough.

It was the radio this morning which attributed the silence to the downed airliner. Sorry if that wasn't correct, but TBH it still seems more likely to me.

It was definitely for the 96. King Kenny released 96 balloons on their behalf.

They might have also mentioned the airliner, but I didn't hear it announced.

Refugee: duly noted. Obviously it's fair enough to remember Hillsborough but I wonder why they did it at this match particularly. Publicise the cause in the States perhaps?

Edit: just seen Woland's post and I'm inclined to agree. One can have too much of a good thing.

Refugee: duly noted. Obviously it's fair enough to remember Hillsborough but I wonder why they did it at this match particularly. Publicise the cause in the States perhaps?

Edit: just seen Woland's post and I'm inclined to agree. One can have too much of a good thing.

Not sure. They may have done it because it's our owners "home ground" and they wanted to pay their respects on the 25th anniversary year.

They could have also did it because some marketing company thought it would it would make Liverpool sympathetic and thereby distinguish us from the other teams trying to make inroads into the American market. I like to think the club wasn't that callous...

Fucking hell. The misery bus on tour. They can cut that shit out.
This is exactly what I was worried about when I heard it, which is why I wanted to check if there was some occasion I was unaware of. It's incredibly disrespectful if the silence was there just so our American based fans could join in.

This is exactly what I was worried about when I heard it, which is why I wanted to check if there was some occasion I was unaware of. It's incredibly disrespectful if the silence was there just so our American based fans could join in.

the announcer said the silence was because it's the 25th anniversary

The silence was broken because people started applauding when the balloons were being released.

My guess is that they thought the releasing of the balloons signified the end of the minute of silence.

Yes. It was because some people thought that the balloons being released (in weird clumps) meant the end of the minute.

I have to admit I found the whole minute of silence thing baffling and couldn't explain to the Roma fan I was with why we were doing it.

We can not too much pressure on the CAN lad but he can chip in with very fine performances in this season when required. He is no nonsense guy so dont try to bully him physically, he will bully you even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom