• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

One To Watch: Kasper Dolberg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay Age El

Well-Known
Bear with me here, but it's that time of the month again, another starlet from my part of the world has hit the ground sprinting and I thought I'd share so you, dear fellow 6CM'ers, at all times are perfectly updated on the biggest talents in the world of football (that I know about, which really isn't that many and they are also mostly Scandinavian).

We have already talked a bit about him on here and some might even have seen his goals this season, which coincidentally is also his first ever as a senior player.

Striker Kasper Dolberg, 18, former Silkeborg (smaller club in Denmark), moved to Ajax as a 17-year-old despite a lot of people within the Ajax setup trying to block his move as they were afraid that he would slow down the progress of some of their own homegrown Dutch talents.

However Director of Sports Marc Overmars was eventually convinced about the signing of Dolberg, when good ol' Dennis Bergkamp and honorary chief scout John Steen Olsen told him about his talents and even made the bold prediction that he would be ready for the first team already within his first year (if he would stay clear of injuries).
Olsen has just recently commented on the young striker and compared him, talent-wise to Christian Eriksen and Zlatan Ibrahimovic - both players Olsen also spotted young and brought to Ajax.

Now, a year after his move the Dutch capital, he's more or less set the Eredivisie on fire and especially his two goals in the weekend has branded his name around Europe.

He's a big lad, strong, very fast, direct, opportunistic and lethal in front of goal. Scout Olsen also described him, as he did with Eriksen back then, as an extremely level-headed, grounded and humble lad, that just want to do his very best in training as in games without ever making a fuzz about himself. The anti-Bendtner if you like.

As we've touched upon slightly in a different thread it's probably not the best of ideas to buy him so soon but we defo should be keeping a keen eye on him, because honestly, he looks a pretty spectacular sort.

His Goals From The Weekend (3rd and 5th)

The Compilation

Last edited:
I was in the pub last night with a bunch of Celtic fans and was very impressed with their CB Erik Sviatchenko. Despite the fact they conceded 3, Sviatchenko and Kolo Toure were brilliant last night under strong City pressure. The Celtic fans seem to think they've got another (after Van Dijk) great young CB. What's your opinion KHL, has he the potential to play for a top 4 team in the EPL?

Quite strong for being 18. Looks to be a lot more powerful than Fischer.

I was in the pub last night with a bunch of Celtic fans and was very impressed with their CB Erik Sviatchenko. Despite the fact they conceded 3, Sviatchenko and Kolo Toure were brilliant last night under strong City pressure. The Celtic fans seem to think they've got another (after Van Dijk) great young CB. What's your opinion KHL, has he the potential to play for a top 4 team in the EPL?
I am still on the fence with Erik to be honest when it comes to the highest level, and that is also why I haven't suggested him on here as one we should be after. Right now at least.

It was obvious after his first seasons in Denmark that he'd be destined for English football, such is his physique, stature and mindset. He looks a bit like a hipster off the field but on it he's more or less the fearless type. Strong, fast, reads the game well and got a very decent technique. I like him as a type both on and off the pitch so I am glad to hear the Celtic fans have warmed to him because honestly they've conceded a lot of late. I was a bit confused that he ended up at Celtic at first but it's probably not such a bad move all things considered.

He's 24 now and he could be moving to a big English club within a few years - he certainly got all in his locker when it comes to the right mentality, work-rate, understanding of the game etc. but can he become a top-top defender? I don't know for sure. If I had to make a bet right here and now I'd say Soton or Leicester or Everton would be the level he's looking for.

BONUS INFO: His father is a famous Ukrainian artist, Sergei. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Sviatchenko

Last edited:
Quite strong for being 18. Looks to be a lot more powerful than Fischer.
Yeah they are not similar types, Fischer is actually a winger, false 9-type, that's beefed up to be played as forward as well, whereas Dolberg is an out-and-out striker.

Struggling to think of many in today's game actually like that but somewhere in the mold of Lewandowski and Milik perhaps - as a type I mean.

I am still on the fence with Erik to be honest when it comes to the highest, and that is also why I haven't suggested him on here as one we should be after. Right now at least.

It was obvious after his first seasons in Denmark that he'd be destined for English football, such is his physique, stature and mindset. He looks a bit like a hipster off the field but on it he's more or less the fearless type. Strong, fast, reads the game well and got a very decent technique. I like him as a type both on and off the pitch so I am glad to hear the Celtic fans have warmed to him because honestly they've conceded a lot of late. I was a bit confused that he ended up at Celtic at first but it's probably not such a bad move all things considered.

He's 24 now and he could be moving to a big English club within a few years - he certainly got all in his locker when it comes to mentality, work-rate, understanding of the game etc. but can he be top-top defender? I don't know for sure. If I had to make a bet right here and now I'd say Soton or Leicester or Everton would be the level he's looking for.
Cheers KHL. I wouldn't be too worried about Celtic's recent defensive record as 7 of those goals were away in Barcelona and 3 last night. His record in the SPL is good. It would be interesting to see him play with a better partner (sorry Kolo) and a DM'er better than Scott Brown. I'll keep an eye on him anyway.

Cheers KHL. I wouldn't be too worried about Celtic's recent defensive record as 7 of those goals were away in Barcelona and 3 last night. His record in the SPL is good. It would be interesting to see him play with a better partner (sorry Kolo) and a DM'er better than Scott Brown. I'll keep an eye on him anyway.
Cheers, please do keep me updated then, as I don't get to watch a lot of SPL these days. (Back in the day when Brian Laudrup was at Rangers there were a LOT of SPL in the telly over here to say the least).

Oh Erik can also score goals, here's one against France for Denmark:

We haven't been linked to him so probably no need to have a thread on him following his progres? I'm gonna bow out and revisit if we're linked.

If he was an altar boy, and I was a paedo priest who loved bumming altar boys, I'd fucking bum him into next week.
But I'm not so, hey ho...

If he was an altar boy, and I was a paedo priest who loved bumming altar boys, I'd fucking bum him into next week.
But I'm not so, hey ho...
..he looks a bit like a blonde version of that Monk-lad from The Name of the Rose.

Btw your post almost made me shoot my coffee out of my nose. Thanks.

We haven't been linked to him so probably no need to have a thread on him following his progres? I'm gonna bow out and revisit if we're linked.
I agree with this, I was just given you lads a short brief so if we one day actually should get linked - which is not completely unlikely knowing that we have in the past fished some nice attacking talent from the Eredivisie, you've got a bit of info on him already and know it's sound and all..

And here is his goal from last night:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom