• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Slot – first impressions?

We still have the best defensive underlying numbers in the league after the Utd game.

What evidence is there that Quansah has had his confidence assassinated? He looked a bit pissed off after he was subbed and didn't jump up & down when we scored ... is that it?
Awaits one of the resident body language expert to reply.

In the Man Utd post match interview Slot talked about wanting players who "aggressively win duels" and I think there's an argument now to say that Quansah will have in the back of his mind that he needs to be 100% committed to the duels he finds himself in.
yeah good point. He talked about the physicality of the three in midfield being aggressive enough and quick enough to challenge for and pick up loose balls.

It'll be interesting to see how he manages rotation.

Kloppo was experienced at managing 2 games a week and keeping up competitive in all competitions.

However, our style of play under Jurgen kind of meant we were knackered by May, as were still doing gengen counterpressing when we were 2/3-0 up in games.

Starting the season at CB, being hooked at HT, being singled out for criticism when the whole team lost duels in that first, then being benched not getting a single minute since even though all three results were comfortable is evidence enough for me. Time will tell if I’m right if and when he gets another chance I guess. Of course you may believe his confidence has not been affected.

At this level, this was a knock, but a very easy one to come back from. And a character building one. Klopp would have protected him more of course. This was the Dutch way

In the post match interview, Slot talked about half time talk where he mentioned TAA giving the ball away a few times with his long ball passes. It fucked me off during the games, and it looked like it was done when he was being pressed and he did his lazy thing, thinking it would land at the right feet but it did not.

I wish the press and pundits would stop talking like its a fait accompli that we are boss and Arne is the man.

Especially in relation to Ten Haag.
Its giving me the agg.
This time last year everyone was gnoshing Postecoglu and the wheels fell off rapid.

Its been 3 games. Id rather we stayed below the radar but everyones all over the new messiah. This is why they build you up, to rip you down.

Lets give it 6 months before deciding hes doing an unreal (Bob Paisley like) job.

I wish the press and pundits would stop talking like its a fait accompli that we are boss and Arne is the man.

Its giving me the agg.
This time last year everyone was gnoshing Postecoglu and the wheels fell off rapid.

Its been 3 games. Id rather we stayed below the radar but everyones all over the new messiah. This is why they build you up, to rip you down.

Lets give it 6 months before deciding hes doing an unreal (Bob Paisley like) job.

No

Its giving me the agg.

No

Back
Top Bottom