• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Slot – first impressions?

Once I forget that picture of him jutting his chest out I'll come around. Ten Haag has been at Utd for 2 years now and everyone says they can't see what way they're supposed to play- what's their style. I reckon 2 games in and we already have a good idea with Slot what way he wants his team to play, and that's the best thing I can say about him.

He's shite...because he's bald, and Dutch....we know this is a recipe for disaster, get him out.

SCM logic 3 months ago. Certain bellends gone very quiet.

If slot can take this klopp team and keep the goals yet stop the defensive insanity. And it was. By being more compact. Wow what an achievement right there

He doesn’t seem interested in keeping players happy he’s all about the best formula for the team. No cuddles on the line. Wonder what the response to this different personality type is?

It has probably been shared already but I loved this interview post game. Insightful into how he looks at the game, his analysis of United's style summarised succinctly. Also like the pre-emptive "we knew they would change their press second half, so I told them all to watch for a bit and adapt"

Slot Squad

He's shite...because he's bald, and Dutch....we know this is a recipe for disaster, get him out.

SCM logic 3 months ago. Certain bellends gone very quiet.
I still worry what he will bs like when we lose or players lose form. He’s assassinated Quansahs confidence so far.
But super impressive start it has to be said.

I still worry what he will bs like when we lose or players lose form. He’s assassinated Quansahs confidence so far.
If you want to give yourself unnecessary things to worry about, then that's on you.

All this creating false scenarios and playing devil's advocate that people like to do is on them, we saw it last week when they tried creating friction between Trent and Arne after he was subbed - leading a situation 10x more severe than is actually the case, then what happened?

Maybe true re: Quansah. But Konate has looked good and played an important role in the last two games, so it looks to have been a good decision.

I found what Salah said yesterday really interesting. He said that whilst nobody intentionally lowers their intensity, but that when you are with a manager for such a long time as with Klopp you can kinda get a bit comfy, and just perhaps start to lose something. With a new coach it's a reset and everyone needs to completely be on it to understand what he wants from you. I definitely think there's something in this. Trent saying that if you don't work your arse off without the ball you'll not get in the team sounds like instructions from Slot.

I found what Salah said yesterday really interesting. He said that whilst nobody intentionally lowers their intensity, but that when you are with a manager for such a long time as with Klopp you can kinda get a bit comfy, and just perhaps start to lose something. With a new coach it's a reset and everyone needs to completely be on it to understand what he wants from you. I definitely think there's something in this. Trent saying that if you don't work your arse off without the ball you'll not get in the team sounds like instructions from Slot.

This is definitely true, but the last part was odd to me as it's exactly the same as klopps "ticket to playing in this team."

Yes - I think Slot has got a much more alpha role over Mo & Trent, who were Klopp's untouchables. Maybe there was an element of 'they helped make me successful' from Jurgen.

Trent knows if he's lazy or sloppy (and Arne called out Trent's sloppy pass to Alisson in that video I posted) you get hooked. We need them both feeling the pressure, and maybe part of the Chiesa signing is purely so that Mo feels competition too. Also vindicating to here him somewhat admit that levels dropped last season, even if the numbers were good.

I've already seen enough to know that I would love to see what a Slot team looks like in 12 months time when he's had the chance to either get existing players fitting his methods, or bringing in more players that can fit. At the moment he's doing a great job with a squad he's 100% inherited.

Back
Top Bottom