• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Different Gravy

No not good enough, what we need is a midfielder who is awake from minute one and not minute 46 after his manage shoves a pipe up his arse in the half time team talk. It strikes me, we lack since Mane/Milner left someone who is a pace setter frome the start of a game

No not good enough, what we need is a midfielder who is awake from minute one and not minute 46 after his manage shoves a pipe up his arse in the half time team talk. It strikes me, we lack since Mane/Milner left someone who is a pace setter frome the start of a game
Nah this is ain't it Moron. You're just pissed at our lack of transfer activity. Gravvy was fine. He might not be across the season, but he wasn't the issue in the first half.

As Arne just said, the main problem in the first half was our attack and our defence, who both lost too many duels.

He subbed Quansah off as a tactical sub and put a rocket up the arse of our attackers and defenders.

Midfield was the least of our problems today.

Different Gravy? More like different class. Good to see him using his body strength to get stuck into challenges, a few he was harshly penalised for I thought. Best player on the park for me, although Szobo did his best to overshadow him 2nd half with some filthy passing. That drag back lay off to Trent was outrageous.

200.gif

View: https://x.com/TheRedmenTV/status/1824822064341254300?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1824822064341254300%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

Most websites say we played 4-2-3-1, but I thought it was 4-3-3 with Gravy as the single pivot most of the time. I think he showed the pre-season games were not a fluke – he can play this position!

Yep, the first half was no reflection on him. It's easy to point to the six when there's no control over the park, but the flaws were all over.

Once the team has ~60 percent of the ball than Grav starts to shine. What was pleasing is the forwards were reacting positively off the ball to having a more dynamic six, especially off some of his drives through the middle. It added some variety to the play.

Loved his performance today, did exactly what he was meant to. Once or twice I wish he dropped deeper to give quansah or Virgil a decent outlet, but that's positional knowledge that will come with time.

The move at 1min in the compilation was sublime. I was not too excited by this solution, but it worked well. He uses his body really well, kind of like CJ, but then is decisive in passing or taking space with the dribble instead of faffing about.

The move at 1min in the compilation was sublime. I was not too excited by this solution, but it worked well. He uses his body really well, kind of like CJ, but then is decisive in passing or taking space with the dribble instead of faffing about.
He plays a whole lot faster than Jones, who slows us down.
Still early days and playing Ipswich this early in the season isn't exactly the best measuring stick for where we are as a team, but I can't deny that it looked pretty good in the second half.

He can do a job there but we need better. It was only ipswich and he only turned up in the 2nd half.

He plays a whole lot faster than Jones, who slows us down.
Still early days and playing Ipswich this early in the season isn't exactly the best measuring stick for where we are as a team, but I can't deny that it looked pretty good in the second half.
"looked pretty good"? Every report I've seen so far (neutral, Mancs, Pool commentators etc,) all describe our 2nd half in superlatives.

He can do a job there but we need better. It was only ipswich and he only turned up in the 2nd half.
Most say he was the best of them in the first. A half that the team as a whole failed not just one or two individuals.

I do like that he's got that pace and physical presence that lets him stride forward through defensive lines. I always think that's an underrated threat for a team to have in its locker.

It's a promising start. Hopefully he can really knuckle down and learn the position. But it's bound to be a long process compared to having just signed Zubimendi, but what can you do? Maybe he'll turn out to be the superior player in the end.

Jaysis, he looked good in that video. Drive, strength, pace, power and passing.

It's just one game, but if it continues, wow.

Zubimummystits has 4 years on gravy. Give the guy a chance. We’re spending good money on him. Use him.
... and therein is the point. We all know he's a young man and needs to settle on a role but we are paying him 'finished article' wages. If he can do the same vs multiple top 6 / CL teams then it'd be great but also it is what we are paying him to do. He's paid 4 times what we pay Curtis and last season he was, at best, on par.

Fully behind him (rapidly) improving but he needed to rapidly improve

"looked pretty good"? Every report I've seen so far (neutral, Mancs, Pool commentators etc,) all describe our 2nd half in superlatives.
Yes he did, but I still expect him to provide a no show appearance like arsenal away last season. It was so bad, I cant get it out of my head

Like I said previously, I wouldn't mind managing with Gravy and Stefan (at DM), and our current backline/cover, if it means we spend some fcuking money on sorting out our attack (today was like Old Trafford all over again with some of those misses).

Salah needs back up.

And Diaz needs to be a sub.

I would love to have signed Kudus. He can cover LW, CF and RW. Has pace, quality and end product.

RW - Salah/Kudus (back up)/Diaz (3rd)
CF - Jota/Kudus (back up)/Cody (3rd)
LW - Kudus/Diaz (back up)/Cody (3rd)

85M for Kudus this summer.
Sell Nunez and buy Isak for 100M next summer.

Back
Top Bottom