• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Different Gravy

If people actually bothered to watch and listen in to what he had to say after Ipswich then there wouldn't have been any confusion over the transcript, was very clear the first time, fucking mongs that can't do a basic job.

If people actually bothered to watch and listen in to what he had to say after Ipswich then there wouldn't have been any confusion over the transcript, was very clear the first time, fucking mongs that can't do a basic job.
I know - on social media channels they were saying that he said that Q had lost too many duels when in fact he said "We were losing too many duels". The some started saying it was Q who was losing the duels as the reason for the substitution. Fucking joke.

First of all I saw most of that game, I thought the best midfielder was Lavia despite being on the losing side.

Now regarding your point of Grav, - I think one good game against newly promoted Ipswich is not good enough to trust him for the whole season in that position. it is not going to work and it won't.
Moron vs Slot & Co. (training, Seville, Ipswich).

Moron vs Slot & Co. (training, Seville, Ipswich).
It was against Ipswich, try and get that into your head, and in any case if he is the only suitable player in that position right now, its no good coz at some point he is gonna need resting or get injured.

It was against Ipswich, try and get that into your head, and in any case if he is the only suitable player in that position right now, its no good coz at some point he is gonna need resting or get injured.
Poor Endo.

Is he saying the only reason Gravy was good because others were good?

He kind of makes that point a lot - it’s not about the individual, it’s about the team - “the only reason” is an oversimplification - they f a player stands out its a lot to do with the team playing well and other players being good as well.

Yea but you can have a load of shit out there and pick out the one player who actually tried and did things. I thought that was the case with Gravy in the first half last week.

Yea but you can have a load of shit out there and pick out the one player who actually tried and did things. I thought that was the case with Gravy in the first half last week.

Yeah, but I think that’s different to the point Slot’s making - we were shit in the first half - that wasn’t Gravy’s fault. We were excellent in the 2nd half and Gravy was one of the ones who stood out, but we were excellent not because of him having a good games, more to do with everyone playing better, and he had better support around him, therefore the conditions were right for him to shine.

Slot’s very carefully trying to shift focus away from individuals.

It’s probably something that’ll take getting used to because Klopp would always heap praise on a player that had a great game.

Excellent again today…only a two game sample (and Rodri out right now),.. but Grav has probably been the best no.6 in the league so far.

He was very good today, but a big judgememt will come on his performance against Man United away, where he will be up against a team that will want to prove a point and also have a very loud crowd on his back. If he manages to keep his composure in that game and deliver like he has then we can assume he can do that role.

He likes to come for the ball, takes with either feet and can ping it with the best of them. Let’s hope we are watching him grow into this fluid role.

I like we have that triangle players that can pick a long accurate pass out of nowhere, Gravy, Trent and Virgil.

Choo choo

Thought he was excellent yesterday. Still a few nervy moments, missed tackles and misplaced passes but overall very good. Promising.

I'd like to see him stamp his authority when we are under the cosh. Until then he's only good when the team is good which isn't good enough IMO.

There were a few times when play bypassed him too easily, along with some missteps that don’t show up in the data or highlight reels, but we continue to benefit from having a technically gifted midfielder at the heart of things.

We just recorded one of our highest passing accuracy rates since OPTA began tracking, with midfielders who are only 12 months into their Liverpool careers—one of them still learning his trade—and a manager only two competitive games into his tenure.The number six role will likely need more competition, but if we remain patient and continue developing Ryan in that position, we will at least have a very solid option.

This approach also maximises the squad’s resources, allowing Jones to compete with Mac for the number eight roles. After two years of sporadic football, the best thing for Gravenberch has been to be given a set position and a clear pathway into the side, and so far, he’s taking that opportunity. Clyne getting injured was the making of Trent. The failure to land a six this window, combined with Slots arrival, could well be the same for Gravenberch. The challenge for Slot will be sticking by him if those little errors prove costly against the better sides, but for my money he should. The long term pay off can be sizable.

I thought there were a few occasions where he dithered on the ball, and almost tried to be too safe rather than trust himself to make the incisive pass. I think Endo is being treated a little shoddily in all this- he really deserves more minutes, and I think he's still the player I would like anchoring the midfield against more dangerous opponents. Still, I'm really pleased to see Gravy making some strides.

I thought there were a few occasions where he dithered on the ball, and almost tried to be too safe rather than trust himself to make the incisive pass. I think Endo is being treated a little shoddily in all this- he really deserves more minutes, and I think he's still the player I would like anchoring the midfield against more dangerous opponents. Still, I'm really pleased to see Gravy making some strides.
Sorry but I don’t understand this 'being treated shoddily' or 'didn't deserve this'. What does that actually mean? That he should be played ahead of Gravenberch?

It's Slot's job to develop this team to it's maximum and we all know that isn't Endo. So whilst it's great to keep him on the books as back up or to come on to save 1st teamers energy, he's not being treated badly, and I'd rather Gravenberch get all the available 1st team minutes to develop, failing us buying an established and better #6.

If truth be told, I'd probably rest Macca, or keep him on the bench as a weapon for a few games, and play Endo and Gravy. Macca looks like a guy who has played 24 months solid. He hasn't been himself at all.
Then it should be Elliott for Macca not Endo.

Sorry but I don’t understand this 'being treated shoddily' or 'didn't deserve this'. What does that actually mean? That he should be played ahead of Gravenberch?

It's Slot's job to develop this team to it's maximum and we all know that isn't Endo. So whilst it's great to keep him on the books as back up or to come on to save 1st teamers energy, he's not being treated badly, and I'd rather Gravenberch get all the available 1st team minutes to develop, failing us buying an established and better #6.
I'm sorry Froggy that somebody has the temerity to disagree with you, but when it comes to the tough games this season, Endo is a more natural 6, and I happen to think he has a few years left at the top level. With Utd coming next week I'd like Endo to have been given more minutes.

I think he does deserve to play 6 ahead of Gravenberch, as whether or not Gravy is the future or not, right now Endo is the better 6.

Endo was brilliant in the big games last season, I'd like to see him and Grav in a pivot against Utd while Mac gets the rest he desperately looks like he could do with.

I don't know about changing the line up. I too think that Macca hasn't been as prominent as we expect him to be but we're playing a game a week at the moment. There's no need for rotation because of fatigue, not yet anyway.

We need to let Gravy get used to his role and even get tested which he will be against Man U. If it doesn't work he'll get subbed just like Quansah was.
I believe that Slot wants our core players, or for lack of a better term, our "starters" to be more cohesive, especially with a new-ish style of football.

Endo was brilliant in the big games last season, I'd like to see him and Grav in a pivot against Utd while Mac gets the rest he desperately looks like he could do with.
I feel like you posted this knowing you would get a like...I gave it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom