• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Wolves (A) - Sat 16th 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
International break is boring, let's speculate about this weekend.

Current injury doubts - Trent & Ibu.
Suspended - Virgil

I hope we don't rush either Trent or Ibu back for this if it risks further lay off. I expect Trent to start and I'm not convinced Ibu will as he probably needs a calmer return - may he'll get 60 mins against LASK next week mid-week.

Darwin surely starts again, and I'd like to see Jota start against his old club.

--------------Alisson----------
Trent--Matip--Gomez--Robbo
--------------Endo----------------
------Szobo-------Mac----------
Salah------Nunez------Jota

Alisson
Trent Matip Gomez Robertson
Szobo Macca Jones
Salah Darwin Diaz

Same team as against Villa. We go again.

Gakpo did really well on international duty, he will be high on confidence. Time to give him a go

But he's not as good as Salah, Nunez, Diaz or Jota so he can sit on the bench and wait for injuries.

Will be a tough game. Diaz and Alisson playing Wednesday night/Thursday morning as well.

We still don't know the injury status Trent and Konate.
Hoping for good news on Friday.

Like I mentioned in the other thread we have 4 players returning from South America on Wednesday. I've seen the highlights, really tough and intense games.
So I have a feeling that only Alisson will start.

Worst case scenario, meaning Trent and Konate are out:

Ali

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Robbo

Endo
Szobo
Jones

Jota
Gakpo
Salah

We still don't know the injury status Trent and Konate.
Hoping for good news on Friday.

Like I mentioned in the other thread we have 4 players returning from South America on Wednesday. I've seen the highlights, really tough and intense games.
So I have a feeling that only Alisson will start.

Worst case scenario, meaning Trent and Konate are out:

Ali

Gomez
Matip
Quansah
Robbo

Endo
Szobo
Jones

Jota
Gakpo
Salah

Quansah is a big doubt too after pulling out England u20 squad.

Gonna be a back 4 of Gomez Endo Baj and Kostas at this rate.

International break is boring, let's speculate about this weekend.

Current injury doubts - Trent & Ibu.
Suspended - Virgil

I hope we don't rush either Trent or Ibu back for this if it risks further lay off. I expect Trent to start and I'm not convinced Ibu will as he probably needs a calmer return - may he'll get 60 mins against LASK next week mid-week.

Darwin surely starts again, and I'd like to see Jota start against his old club.

--------------Alisson----------
Trent--Matip--Gomez--Robbo
--------------Endo----------------
------Szobo-------Mac----------
Salah------Nunez------Jota

Think Jones will start -

Aaaaaright - who’s alive and who’s dead?

Is Matip capable of playing?

Absolute worst case is :

————— Alisson ——————
Gomez - Matip - Endo - Tsimikas
————— Mac A —————
—— Slobbers —— Jones ——
— Salah — Nunez — Diaz —

I like Gakpo, but Nunez deserves a start for his last 2 games.

The omission of Robbo is a tactical choice - which I’m not sold on, but in preseason we used Tsimikas as the left sided version of “hybrid Trent” - he’s not in the same league in terms of passing, but his games is better suited to it than Robbo.

As I said - not sold on it - but it’s an option.

If we retain the ball, press and past crisply - we’ll win.

Ideally Trent plays at RB, Matip & Gomez play as CB’s - then I would go with Robbo - the rest of the team stats the same - Quansah is on the bench.

Endo, Gakpo, Jota, Quansah & Harvey on at some point in the 2nd half for Mac A, Nunez, Diaz, Matip & Jones (or Slobbers).

I don't think we'll see Endo at CB unless we don't have two of Virgil, Konate, Matip, Gomez or Quansah. Would be wild to see a DM who has one game in the PL under his belt start at CB when there is a CB still in the squad.

Aye…same midfield as villa, then Grav for Jones for the last 15-20..

Forgot about him - Gravy for Jones, Harvs for Slobbers, Endo for big Mac, Gakpo for Donkey Brains & Qanonsah for MaBigTip.

I suspect Klopp fancies Macallister at 6 ahead of Endo for now but is trying to give the latter minutes where he thinks it’ll work, if we had two McAllisters they’d probably both play every week. It’s up to Endo to adapt quickly and make a case for starting which i think he will in this one.

We need to keep the Darwin confidence flowing, has to start.

Rumours that Tsimikas is injured. Wasn't even on the bench against Gibraltar.

I'd very much like to see all the 4 new boys lining up together for this 1;

----------------------Ali---------------------

--------Gomez-----Matip----Robbo-------

--------------Endo-----Gravenberch------

-----------Szobo-------------MacA--------

-----Salah----------Nunez----------Diaz--

Now that looks FUCKING SEXY and no man, woman or grumpy little shit is telling me otherwise.

I'd very much like to see all the 4 new boys lining up together for this 1;

----------------------Ali---------------------

--------Gomez-----Matip----Robbo-------

--------------Endo-----Gravenberch------

-----------Szobo-------------MacA--------

-----Salah----------Nunez----------Diaz--

Now that looks FUCKING SEXY and no man, woman or grumpy little shit is telling me otherwise.
No, thanks. Gravenberch will have had two sessions with his new teammates and Friday will be a light session. He plays in Europa game. After Endo's game against Germany, Wolves might be a perfect game for Endo to start and really settle.

I would be tempted to rest the South American's at the start, although I don't want Diaz to start anyway. I would prefer Jota or Nunez on the left. Jota is the best of the bunch at linking play and works really well with Gakpo, who I would start up front. I think we are going to need some patience against Wolves, who will sit deep. Nunez and Diaz are really strong at stretching the field and getting in behind, but I suspect we will see less of that and need Jota and Gakpo to drop pull defenders out of position for others.

Szobo is going to score a worldly and Salah is due for one, too.

Hard to call a lineup for this one.

I think Gakpo may start. Nunez was excellent for Uruguay, but he's going to have a longer travel time, so that's a consideration.

Hopefully, Konate and even Trent are possible,

Aaaaaright - who’s alive and who’s dead?

Is Matip capable of playing?

Absolute worst case is :

————— Alisson ——————
Gomez - Matip - Endo - Tsimikas
————— Mac A —————
—— Slobbers —— Jones ——
— Salah — Nunez — Diaz —

I like Gakpo, but Nunez deserves a start for his last 2 games.

The omission of Robbo is a tactical choice - which I’m not sold on, but in preseason we used Tsimikas as the left sided version of “hybrid Trent” - he’s not in the same league in terms of passing, but his games is better suited to it than Robbo.

As I said - not sold on it - but it’s an option.

If we retain the ball, press and past crisply - we’ll win.

Ideally Trent plays at RB, Matip & Gomez play as CB’s - then I would go with Robbo - the rest of the team stats the same - Quansah is on the bench.

Endo, Gakpo, Jota, Quansah & Harvey on at some point in the 2nd half for Mac A, Nunez, Diaz, Matip & Jones (or Slobbers).
I’m alive for the moment. Fuck knows for Sat though.

With everyone traveling and our SA contingent relatively late back (so rested with the exception of Ali & Mac) I feel Gravenbech will start - he gave up playing in the internationals to get more time adjusting.

————— Alisson ——————
Trent - Matip - Gomez - Robbo
————— Mac A —————
—— Slobbers —— Grav. ——
— Salah — Gakpo — Jota —

Darwin, Mac Allister and Diaz to be rested.

Jota, Gakpo and Gravenberch to start.
Nah, fuck that. They can get their rest midweek against TKMAX.

We need our top dons starting this one, we'll go 3 on the hour mark and then they can be rested if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom