• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp has already said we'll be talking to people and appealing is a given from his comments. He said the tackle didn't fulfill a single criteria for a Red Card.

I'd agree. It wasn't wreckless....he didn't go studs up.......it wasn't forceful, ok it was a little high on his shin but it was quite evidently not a red card.

Even the Bournemouth manager himself said this.

Shearer on MOTD said it was a crap decision.

That first 30 minutes was almost unwatchable... It was like we were playing in treacle. Then we remembered how to attack and retook control of the match. We even imporved in tempo and press for the first 15 minutes after the red card, and should have scored a couple more by the 75th minute, only to do our best to give them a point in the last 15 or so... Started and ended the game sooooooo flippin' sloppy and really do worry for us if we play like that for any significant part of next week's match.

Ali played the first half like he was hungover and just out of bed. Had a terrific save right at the end of the half and then was back to being the best on the planet in the 2nd. He's the only reason we won, rather than piss it away late on.

Konate was quietly superb, again. He's impressed me quite a bit more than VVD these first two game... I actually fear that VVD is done as a world-class defender and will just be good for the rest of his career. He's simply never been the same player since the assault across the park.

Robbo was much better this week and Trent was woefully at fault for their goal and very hit and miss the rest of the match. He did ok, but that's all.

Macca was strong until that utterly ludicrous red card, and now I really fear for next week, unless it's rescinded. Gakpo was the same as last week... A willing and tireless worker but he simply can't play that role effectively... If we can get Endo up to speed so that he can hold down the DM spot, hopefully we can get him back into his true role, that Bobby position - I really think he'll shine this season, if we actually play him there.

Salah was pants. And he should be taken off penalties. Remember how we all knew that Millie would score every single time we got one..? Well, Mo is 100% the opposite of that. All he does is close his eyes and hammer it, and we need a better taker, or his 50/50 'technique will cost us dearly. Jota didn't do much, other than create the equalizer and score the third, but as that's what matters, I guess we can't gripe too much. Rushie had many days like that, too.

Diaz just took the piss all day, especially after he'd scored. He drove at them all day and was a huge bright spot. Two very good goals in two games augers well for us this year.

Sobo was a fucking beast out there, running the game from about 20 minute in... Best player on the pitch by a street. Best player on any pitch so far today. He looks like he has the makings of a superstar inside him, doesn't he?

And, considering we had him tog out on the plane and he came basically from John Lennon International to the pre-match warm up, I thought Endo did well when he came on. Yes, looked a bit slow here and there, but also showed for the ball well and used it cleverly, too. Once he finds his tempo, it looks like there's a decent player in there.

Four points after two matches is where I thought we'd be, so we can't complain too much about things, but I do fear that it'll also be four points after three matches if we don't start - and finish - a lot better than we did today, next week. Fingers crossed we have Macca available too - That'll be huge.

Most of that seems to be in agreement with what I have heard about those that attended the game, but the VVD thoughts you have expressed are totally the opposite - most people loved his performance today.

I really don't understand why Klopp hates Didi that much.
I thought it was the other way around. At minimum the feeling is mutual as Didi has been a right dick towards Klopp

Last edited:
Diaz & Slobbers were excellent, Jota & Salah were not.

Robbo was much improved and the 2 CBs were fine.

Mac A was unlucky with a harsh card and was otherwise good. Ali & Trent we’re good when they woke after after sleepwalking through the first 20 mins.

Gakpo was better than last week, but still looking like someone filling in and not entirely comfortable. Hopefully he doesn’t have to play there against Newcastle - with Thiago, Jones or Badgertits ready to start (or in the unlikely event Mac A gets his red rescinded to a yellow).

Jota looks like he did when he came back from injury - just not up to speed yet and would likely be benched for Gakpo if we had another midfielder fit.

Too soon to make any sort of call on Endo, but he looked “willing”, wrong game & situation for Harvey & Nunez for that matter.

Newcastle will be a test.

Diaz & Slobbers were excellent, Jota & Salah were not.

Robbo was much improved and the 2 CBs were fine.

Mac A was unlucky with a harsh card and was otherwise good. Ali & Trent we’re good when they woke after after sleepwalking through the first 20 mins.

Gakpo was better than last week, but still looking like someone filling in and not entirely comfortable. Hopefully he doesn’t have to play there against Newcastle - with Thiago, Jones or Badgertits ready to start (or in the unlikely event Mac A gets his red rescinded to a yellow).

Jota looks like he did when he came back from injury - just not up to speed yet and would likely be benched for Gakpo if we had another midfielder fit.

Too soon to make any sort of call on Endo, but he looked “willing”, wrong game & situation for Harvey & Nunez for that matter.

Newcastle will be a test.
Is that the same Jota, who created the equaliser to drag us back into the game and scored the third right after the sending off?
He can play like that every week if that’s what bad looks like.

The red card situation again, here's former ref Dermot Gallagher's opinion (from 11.40);

Last edited:
Is that the same Jota, who created the equaliser to drag us back into the game and scored the third right after the sending off?

Looking shit and scoring goals. It's what's written on Jota's label.

I'm surprised Liverpool fans still doubt him. If he was big and had a ponytail he'd be the forts name in everyone's team

Jota is the exact type of player to be shite for 89 minutes, but either create or score a goal in the minute he's not shite. His positioning is unreal.

Even his assist for Diaz was mishit and deflected.

Yes Dreamie - the same Jota.

I didn’t say he was a shit player - I said he didn’t play well - which he didn’t. Great that he set up the first goal and great that he was there to poke home the 3rd.

Jota didn’t “drag us back” into it - the guy that was excelling in midfield, won the penalty for our 2nd and who’s shot Jota bundled over the line for the 3rd was the guy that dragged us back into it.

It’s not fucking rocket science - Jota will play better and not score but he won’t score every week playing like he did yesterday - he can and will do better.

Or else Gakpo or even Nunez will play through the middle.

Last edited:

Perhaps it’s asking for too much but I’d like to get back to having forwards that score and play well.

Probably is.

Perhaps it’s asking for too much but I’d like to get back to having forwards that score and play well.

Probably is.
I don't care who scores! We're banging in 3-4 a match. Just keep that up and I'll love this season.

That big handsome Hungarian bastard is gonna run wild over shit teams. It's probably good that we're in the Europa this year, we might steamroller everyone and get some confidence together so we can win the proper stuff next year.
He looks absolutely beastly. Love it.

That was the first sit up and take notice performance from Szoboszlai, especially with his work on the ball. Some of his running with the ball was Gerrard-esque. Give it 12 months and he'll be making the £60m transfer fee look like pocket change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom