• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing from Klopp post match about him, last season his issue was the eye injury wasn’t it which meant he could only train 3 days a week, separate issue and probably fortunately so.

I thought the eye injury was earlier; most of last season was something with his foot if I’m not mistaken.

That first 30 minutes was almost unwatchable... It was like we were playing in treacle. Then we remembered how to attack and retook control of the match. We even imporved in tempo and press for the first 15 minutes after the red card, and should have scored a couple more by the 75th minute, only to do our best to give them a point in the last 15 or so... Started and ended the game sooooooo flippin' sloppy and really do worry for us if we play like that for any significant part of next week's match.

Ali played the first half like he was hungover and just out of bed. Had a terrific save right at the end of the half and then was back to being the best on the planet in the 2nd. He's the only reason we won, rather than piss it away late on.

Konate was quietly superb, again. He's impressed me quite a bit more than VVD these first two game... I actually fear that VVD is done as a world-class defender and will just be good for the rest of his career. He's simply never been the same player since the assault across the park.

Robbo was much better this week and Trent was woefully at fault for their goal and very hit and miss the rest of the match. He did ok, but that's all.

Macca was strong until that utterly ludicrous red card, and now I really fear for next week, unless it's rescinded. Gakpo was the same as last week... A willing and tireless worker but he simply can't play that role effectively... If we can get Endo up to speed so that he can hold down the DM spot, hopefully we can get him back into his true role, that Bobby position - I really think he'll shine this season, if we actually play him there.

Salah was pants. And he should be taken off penalties. Remember how we all knew that Millie would score every single time we got one..? Well, Mo is 100% the opposite of that. All he does is close his eyes and hammer it, and we need a better taker, or his 50/50 'technique will cost us dearly. Jota didn't do much, other than create the equalizer and score the third, but as that's what matters, I guess we can't gripe too much. Rushie had many days like that, too.

Diaz just took the piss all day, especially after he'd scored. He drove at them all day and was a huge bright spot. Two very good goals in two games augers well for us this year.

Sobo was a fucking beast out there, running the game from about 20 minute in... Best player on the pitch by a street. Best player on any pitch so far today. He looks like he has the makings of a superstar inside him, doesn't he?

And, considering we had him tog out on the plane and he came basically from John Lennon International to the pre-match warm up, I thought Endo did well when he came on. Yes, looked a bit slow here and there, but also showed for the ball well and used it cleverly, too. Once he finds his tempo, it looks like there's a decent player in there.

Four points after two matches is where I thought we'd be, so we can't complain too much about things, but I do fear that it'll also be four points after three matches if we don't start - and finish - a lot better than we did today, next week. Fingers crossed we have Macca available too - That'll be huge.

Thanks but can’t get either to work on mobile (apple)… clicking on the player just opens spammy new tabs. So close yet so far!
Oh that sucks. Try downloading the Chrome browser or brave ( adfree)

I thought our penalty was soft to be fair so i fully expect the FA to take the two wrongs make a right approach and not over turn the red.

However that was an absolute disgrace.

Anthony Gordon with a similar tackle and not even a yellow card.
How was he not sent off for the first tackle alone? Raked down the calf of Dias.....then the late lunge where he kicked Dias foot.....easily a 2nd yellow there.

Binnys chart show how important Macca is. Hopefully Thiago is fit enough to play against Newcastle after the FA gives Macca a 3 game ban for no reason.

Everyone slating Tierney on VAR.

I thought he couldn't downgrade red cards? Unless there was NO contact.

There was contact so if that's still true Tierney was powerless to intervene.

Best we can hope for is an appeal direct to FA.

Diaz has been great but once Dom Szoboszlai settles down a bit and we put a solid number 6 behind him, he is going to take over the league, isnt he? Thank god Mount rejected us.
Wait he rejected us? Seriously?!
Wtf we actually wanted him over Szobo?!

He didn't reject us, Caicedo and Lavia....they rejected us. With Mount we came to our senses and probably had a right laugh once Utd said what they wanted for a player with 1 year left.

Wrt Szobo....the takeover is already in progess baby.
Oh thank goodness

Everyone slating Tierney on VAR.

I thought he couldn't downgrade red cards? Unless there was NO contact.

There was contact so if that's still true Tierney was powerless to intervene.

Best we can hope for is an appeal direct to FA.

No, where have you heard that? There have been plenty of occasions where the on field ref has given a red and on recommendation by VAR downgraded to a yellow.....whether there was contact or not, an on field ref isn't going to give a red for serious foul play and there not be contact is he? I know our refs are shit but let's give them a wee bit of credit.

We absolutely have to appeal though and it absolutely has to be rescinded.

No, where have you heard that? There have been plenty of occasions where the on field ref has given a red and on recommendation by VAR downgraded to a yellow.....whether there was contact or not, an on field ref isn't going to give a red for serious foul play and there not be contact is he? I know our refs are shit but let's give them a wee bit of credit.

Exactly, the contact meant that VAR didn't have to intervene, not that they couldn't.

Klopp has already said we'll be talking to people and appealing is a given from his comments. He said the tackle didn't fulfill a single criteria for a Red Card.

Klopp has already said we'll be talking to people and appealing is a given from his comments. He said the tackle didn't fulfill a single criteria for a Red Card.
I've heard it before from Klopp and then we decided not to because of the risk of getting 2 more games added to it.

Exactly, the contact meant that VAR didn't have to intervene, not that they couldn't.
Yep, we go back to this "clear and obvious" BS and sadly Tierney being one of the worst about clearly didn't see that as clear and obvious to warrant a 2nd viewing.....either that or he conveniently popped on his tea break, heck it wouldn't surprise me if the comms were muted/cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom