• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Palace (H) Sun 14:00

Back in the ole days of Houller and Benitez we got so few chances. I’ve never seen a Liverpool team in my life get so many chances in games and not convert. Today -

Endo bar
Nunez volley
Salah block
Jones one on one
Jones misstep
Jota tap in

And others too. It’s unreal.

Yep. I said this somewhere before but i think it’s in the mind of our attackers that “oh I’ll get more chances”

Henderson the CP keeper. Before the game has even started. Tempting the gods.
Oh.

I don't know who those people are then, don't know why anyone would care enough about Dean Henderson to say something like that....but you're right that's where the game was lost. People should know better by now than to tempt fate....

SOS to blame for Atalanta and now the Dean Hendo haters to blame for today....we'll never learn!!!

......sooooo how many goals do you reckon we're getting in Bergamo KR? I'm going with 5.

Paraphrasing but...

He basically said that everyone has quality, that's why they're at a club like Liverpool. But we had enough chances, everyone had chances, and couldn't score in a brothel. Implication was mentality was lacking

Yet that pass going into injury time was criminal by Robbo. Its a pass you play at 4-0 up. Not 1-0 behind. He's far from blameless.

Let's not turn on everyone either.

When klopp said he was surprised that we were in as good a situation and that prompted him to be able to leave, I think the truth is there's enough good pieces and still a lot questions left unresolved for a good manager to do something with it. The finished article though? We are nowhere near and you've been a little romantic for thinking we are. We made some hard decisions in midfield and did ok with the replacements. For me that job isn't done. The job isn't started in attack. If we can get anything for Salah, that's the way to begin that. Defense is the hardest.

Maybe this team needs to look different too, and that will happen.

For me the rot started when we announced Thaigo was joining and we failed to sign a proper replacement/ understudy for Fabniho. We could have signed Caciedio then for 4m instead we decided that playing Thaigo as a 6 (due to injuries and bad planning).

I feel like we've fucked up the forwards as well. Nunez, Gakpo aren't good enough I'm sorry. I'm tired of the agent of chaos bullshit. Just put the ball in the net.

We're better than last season but we definitely need investment, Liverpool 2.0 is not finished.

Trent with 60% passing accuracy that 2nd half.

Boy have we missed him.
He wasn’t great but impact was positive. He made a silly attempt at a cross fiepd when there was a much simpler pass on but much better than what we had on the right first half.

He wasn’t great but impact was positive. He made a silly attempt at a cross fiepd when there was a much simpler pass on but much better than what we had on the right first half.
Not for me. Wasn't interested and generally isn't interested in doing anything else bar showing off his hollywood passes.....when none of them come off like tonight, it's just shit to watch.

& given we only perform in 2nd halves of games, the last part means absolutely nothing.

Only 1 who had a positive impact was Gakpo.

I don't think we have bottled it, I think we've just overperformed and then run out of steam.
This is actually the truth of the matter isnt it ?, we never expected to be competing with all these new midfielders and not many of our wins looked that convincing this season. If we get 3rd it will be a true reflection of where we really are as a team.

Not for me. Wasn't interested and generally isn't interested in doing anything else bar showing off his hollywood passes.....when none of them come off like tonight, it's just shit to watch.

& given we only perform in 2nd halves of games, the last part means absolutely nothing.
I assume 60% but not side ways passing to what we normally have with numbers over 80% from the rest.
Bradley and Gomez have been really limited lately and an offensive RB being a big is part of our game, Bradley was exposed again on that right side this game like the last home against Brighton defensively.

I missed the game but wasn't surprised to see us lose. Still, I can't feel bad, even though I want to feel like we should have won the league simply because it feels like many have said like we were over performing and did amazing to be here. We had no business being within a lucky shot of winning the league. Maybe we'll get another chance, maybe not, but I won't be mad at Klopp for it

Just watched the highlights.

Yeah, there was a little bad finishing but the amount of decent saves, mad blocks and bad luck we had on the finishing was pretty mad. Same with the United game.

Just watched the highlights.

Yeah, there was a little bad finishing but the amount of decent saves, mad blocks and bad luck we had on the finishing was pretty mad. Same with the United game.
Yeah just watched them again. Insane - people can have a go at us for losing but the amount of big chances that didn't come off is crazy :

Endo - mishit (bar) from 3m out. Should have scored
Diaz - right at keeper (3m)
Nunez - no look swivel, right at keeper (6m)
Jota - blocked 6m (should have done better and Szobo could also have shot instead of passing). Should have scored
Jones - one on one missed the target. Should have scored
Salah - 4m out should have scored

6 massive chances and 4 should have been certs.

Overrated young players, underperforming passengers in midfield, DM problems, basic defensive errors, start and stop injuries, overcomplicating attacks, strikers missing sitters and most importantly, collectively and completely bottling it when it matters. Did we just become the cunts we accused Arsenal of being?

Overrated young players, underperforming passengers in midfield, DM problems, basic defensive errors, start and stop injuries, overcomplicating attacks, strikers missing sitters and most importantly, collectively and completely bottling it when it matters. Did we just become the cunts we accused Arsenal of being?
I hope this is not like the run of form back in 2021 where we had where we have a period where nothing works, we can't scored regardless whom plays up front and just conceded the odd goal to lose every time.

On a more serious note and other than what has already been said, I thought Palace played really well yesterday. Much better than their league position suggests anyway
I really hate playing Palace. Too many battle scars. Even amongst the battering we’ve given them.

I thought Palace looked much hungrier than we did. This is unforgiveable when (supposedly) going for a title.

I really don't get this slow start stuff. Are our players napping before hand and taking the pitch with sleep still in their eyes. I'm baffled. It's like they've just been reminded of a chore they've got to do.

I thought Palace looked much hungrier than we did. This is unforgiveable when (supposedly) going for a title.

I really don't get this slow start stuff. Are our players napping before hand and taking the pitch with sleep still in their eyes. I'm baffled. It's like they've just been reminded of a chore they've got to do.
It’s like the squad is given a hit of Walter White’s finest before warming up.

Every side knows if you start fast and hard against us they’ll take the lead.

Lots of decent feedback in here I largely agree with. It's typical that Palace had Eze and Olise back to face us, whereas City got to play Villa without Watkins and had Luton at home after the CL game, but these are only small, annoying gripes and it's not something title winners cannot overcome. We're currently not good at the back, not good in attack. It's largely pointless discussing where the fault lies. It's kinda everywhere, which smacks of a team that is physically and mentally tired. The only point which had not yet been made is that of Klopps tactics. It's looked messy for a while now and we do not seem to have a reliable system to fall back on when we're playing poorly. The original 433 often made players far more effective that they were. The same cannot be said of this version. Klopp has done amazing work this year at getting us going in the second half with tactical shifts, but why is it so frequent? Teams are now allowing us control knowing we can be exploited on the counter and are not switched on enough to not make mistakes at the back. It's luring the players into a false sense of security and complacentcy. Sometimes I think we should sit back more and pounce more regularly on the counter. There's also grounds to go more direct to get the ball to the forwards faster and in more space.

All that said, it's important to remind ourselves that this squad are only in stage one of what was set to be Klopps next team. It was not expecting to be competing for titles - it was set to be a transition year, getting players bedded in, bringing in some youth, secure CL football, and assess next steps into evolving this squad post Salah, VVD, etc. By that measure this year has been a success regardless of the ourfknr. Klopps departure means there is further and sizeable transition ahead and we are just going to have patiently ride that wave. Having Edwards back is huge and will hopefully ensure we stay in the CL spots in the next few years. The experience of coming close will be useful for many of the new and younger players. We saw what the disappointment of losing the title by a point to the likes of Trent, VVD, etc. We bounced back to win the CL and PL in the coming years. Whilst that likely will not repeat itself in the near future it's will be useful experiantial learning that they can draw on in the coming years.

It wasn't a joy to watch the team struggling so badly, the players have looked completely drained and the team selection and odd substitutions by the manager didn't help, specially Szoboszlai who looks an average player. Salah also wasn't fantastic too! and should have replaced. As for Nunez who is not No.9 but he is trying to do a good job at the position. He Normally plays on left flank. The dip in the team performance at this stage is quite alarming, therefore, the manager needs to refresh his team with some talented youngster. Good luck with incoming games(y)

Back
Top Bottom