• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Palace (H) Sun 14:00

Ok - do we agree that the season is over now ? - I think it is for us, it was nice though that we had a dream of a quad until the Man U FA Cup game, it was nice. Shame it had to all be just this for Jurgen's last season.

This is where we'll see it boil over I reckon, how many tensions and shit have been kept a lid on?

Klopp has been great, but I do kinda feel like this is confirmation he's taken us as far as he can.

I don't think any of them give enough of a fuck to boil over. Klopps formed a strong team cohesive unit....but zero competition for places.

Agree. I love the man for what he's done, but I'm hoping him leaving is a shanks style platform for the next.

Ok - do we agree that the season is over now ? - I think it is for us, it was nice though that we had a dream of a quad until the Man U FA Cup game, it was nice. Shame it had to all be just this for Jurgen's last season.
We only need City and Arsenal to lose a single game, which isn't unimaginable, however it's completely implausible to think we'll win any, yet alone all, of our remaining games, so yes, it's done.

Villa win today they're 8 points behind us.

Who's confident enough to say based on form were not getting pulled in to a battle for 4th?

Villa win today they're 8 points behind us.

Who's confident enough to say based on form were not getting pulled in to a battle for 4th?

Nah, not having that. The title race is done but we're not going to fall off that far nor will Villa string together enough results - including today.

I made the right choice taking a trip to meet my dive family on Inis Mor rather than stay home to watch this.

I still believe ...

in Santa

Back in the ole days of Houller and Benitez we got so few chances. I’ve never seen a Liverpool team in my life get so many chances in games and not convert. Today -

Endo bar
Nunez volley
Salah block
Jones one on one
Jones misstep
Jota tap in

And others too. It’s unreal.

Last edited:
This is where we'll see it boil over I reckon, how many tensions and shit have been kept a lid on?

Klopp has been great, but I do kinda feel like this is confirmation he's taken us as far as he can.

Any other manager would have hooked Salah before Nunez. At least the donkey had shots. Salah is just going through the paces. A tentative poke at the end doesn't make up for the shite that came before it.

NB.Wrote this before reading the match Tread

The substitution for me cost us the chance to win the game... The Nunez/Daiz one that is...
Gakpo for was played well. And Jota is a finisher.
Klopp had to bring on Gakpo for Daiz and Jota for Salah.
Play Gakpo on the left,Jota through the middle, Nunez from the right.
Or go with Gakpo for Nunez and Jota for Salah,
Gakpo on the Left,Jota Middle and Daiz on the right.
Salah has been so poor and ineffectual in games; as he was today, and for the life of me I don't see why he is not benched, or sub more often than he is...
And if it is due ti enrgy levels due to fasting all the more reason to use him more sparingly.
When he was away at the Afcon our forwards were billing a understanding, scoring goals and winning games with out him, so why when he is play so poorly is it so hard for Klopp to make the decision to substitute him..?

Poor finishing from at least 4 players cost us this match, and a win not just a point. But Klopp keeping Mo. on in matches where he's been utter shite has also cost us big time. I understand how important he is to Klopp but now we're seeing the cost of that loyalty.

What a last few months this has been.....well played lads, that was totally not predictable at all.

Roll on next season & in a weird way I'm kinda looking forward to it.

Other than Ali Robbo and Gakpo, the rest should be made to walk to Bergamo next week....or better yet none of you fuckers bother travelling at all, think I'd prefer that.

Klopp packed his bags early and announced he was leaving . I think mentally we lost focus then on.
Our football style has gone stale and very robotic many teams have worked out how to play us . Slow starts always and just baffles me why do we always kick off by kicking the ball towards the left flank?

No wonder Klopp is exhausted.

In years gone by we would have strolled to the league 3 or 4 times. These days, you lose 2 games and draw a few and the season is fucked.

Fair play to Arsenal and ourselves for pushing, but ultimately this period has been dominated by the highest level of cheating football has ever seen. It's beyond buying off refs.

Klopp packed his bags early and announced he was leaving . I think mentally we lost focus then on.
Our football style has gone stale and very robotic many teams have worked out how to play us . Slow starts always and just baffles me why do we always kick off by kicking the ball towards the left flank?
It's a mental tactic a lot of teams do, idea is simply that the first thing you do is get their defence moving backwards from the off and set their mentality in that space. Probably a load of horseshit, but also too many teams do it for their not to be something in it.

I don't think any of them give enough of a fuck to boil over. Klopps formed a strong team cohesive unit....but zero competition for places.

Agree. I love the man for what he's done, but I'm hoping him leaving is a shanks style platform for the next.

I hope the next one calls some of those strolling bottlers out and sends them on their way.

I can't wait to see their backs.

We’ve actually bottled this btw. We were top with a clear gap. The narrative of opposition fans will unfortunately be spot on.

Our strikers choked when the pressure got too much.
We haven't bottled anything. Our team is obviously not as good as the cheats or the arse, so when er finish in 3rd place, it'll be a decent season, based on last year and what we all thought might happen when the season began. Yes, we're all fed up now, but let's not turn this into something it's not - We were never favourites to win this league, even if we did spend some time at the top...

Having not a single attacker who scares the opposition anymore is not bottling anything.

I hope the next one calls some of those strolling bottlers out and sends them on their way.

I can't wait to see their backs.
It's easy to be impulsive when we're like this but I tend to agree. I think a few players have been played into the ground. I also think taking cheap punts on injury prone players is counterproductive in Klopp's system, ultimately. But bottlers? A few maybe, some have just hit a brick wall though.

Nah, we don’t have a title winning team that’s underachieved, we have a top four team that’s overachieved.

We’ve just had the season that Arsenal had last season.

With the right signings in the Summer this team can push on.

These few weeks I have seen people rejoicing at getting Atalanta, asking for Klopp to rest players, saying we will smash United away, saying Henderson is shit etc etc.

Well, the joke is on us.

These few weeks I have seen people rejoicing at getting Atalanta, asking for Klopp to rest players, saying we will smash United away, saying Henderson is shit etc etc.

Well, the joke is on us.
You'll still get people saying Hendo is shit even after tbf.

Back
Top Bottom