• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
We go again. Some lessons to learn from last weekend. For me it’s okay three midfielders. I’m torn on whether it’s Jones or Elliot into the midfield. Jones is safe, but Elliot was impressive at the bridge.

I’d have Gakpo false 9.

Alisson

Trent
Ibu
Virgil
Robbo

Mac
Jones
Szobo

Salah
Gakpo
Diaz

Gakpo's display against the chavs would be enough for me to bench him. I'd play Jota or the donkey.

…and yes, get Endo in there so everyone can see what it’s like to have a half decent DM anchoring things and calm the fuck down.

Last edited:
I'd like Endo in the DM if we can get him registered in time. It's not exactly complicated what he needs to do.

Stand here, run around a bit, cover for that ganch TAA when he gets lost. Oh and kick the ball up the pitch to a lad in red.
Googles "ganch northern Ireland"

Ha!

It Jones is out id put Elliot in CM but perhaps Klopp will stick with Chelsea line up

Alisson
Trent Konate Virgil Robbo
Szobo Mac Gakpo
Salah Nunez Diaz

I suspect it will be the same as against Chelsea, but I’d like to see Nunez start.

I'd like Endo in the DM if we can get him registered in time. It's not exactly complicated what he needs to do.

Stand here, run around a bit, cover for that ganch TAA when he gets lost. Oh and kick the ball up the pitch to a lad in red.

Yup it's Bournemouth. It shouldn't be that bad a match up to let him get his feet wet. Anfield debut too.
We'll be probably concede about two but hopefully we'll score three.

---------------------Ali
Trent - - Konate--------VVD------Robbo
-------Szoboszlai---Mac----Elliott
--------------------Gakpo
--------Salah-----------------------Jota

Part of me wants to throw Endo straight in, but it'll never happen. We're crying out for Bajectic right now.

Putting Gakpo in his strongest position and Elliott back into the side makes the most sense to me. Jota would be fortunate to displace Diaz, but typically he presses a lot better and protects Roberson more. We'll need that because Elliott off the ball is sub-standard.

Get the new lad registered by noon and throw him in.

Alisson
Trent Konate Virgil Robbo
Szobo Endo MacA
Salah Nunez Diaz

We twatted them 9-0 when we were shite, so hopefully more of the same

We twatted them 9-0 when we were shite, so hopefully more of the same

Yeah - but I was there when we twatted them 9-0.

I’m not there to work my magic this year… so this will be a tight affair.

Thiago has been in the latest training video that was released a few days ago, so I'm assuming he's had enough days in full training now to be passed fit but with him at any given moment he'll feel a slight niggle in his toe and will need surgery.

Endo straight in I reckon…

Klopp earlier today:
‘Yeah, he had a full pre-season. I'm not sure he played all the pre-season games but he played pre-season games, so that's all. He was in full training. When we spoke first time, he came off the training pitch! He's in a good shape. Of course we need to figure out how quick can we put him in, but it will not be a physical problem, let me say it like that. And the rest, he should play here the position he played for Stuttgart, so there's not a massive difference.’

Gakpo is fine up front I think, Jota was worse last weekend.

Would expect to see the same team as against Chelsea sadly.

Endo off the bench, Thiago maybe bench too, someone here said Jones is out, who else do we play?

I haven’t seen any videos of head tennis or bib wearing so I fear we are under informed.

if either Of Bajcetic or Thiago are back in full training I’d have them in instead of Gakpo

if either Of Bajcetic or Thiago are back in full training I’d have them in instead of Gakpo

They're "close but not there yet", apparently. Not sure if Endo can feature either.

My guess is either the same team or Jones (or Elliott) for one of Gakpo/Jota

It's possibly risk, but I would actually be comfortable starting Endo. English is strong, knows the position and it isn't against a particularly strong midfield. Yes he will be short on knowledge for our tactics but its the least important position for that.

Get him in and swap at HT or after 60 if worried about fitness. I really want us to have Mac & Szobo starting in more advanced roles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom