• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Bournemouth (H) - Sat 15:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that doubted Diaz and "hadn't yet seen what he brings"......are you starting to see?

He and Szobo our MOTM's today.

It was never a Red.
Endo looked good, but will be out muscled for the next few games.
Allison saved our bacon.
Szobo is some buy.
Canceido was never coming here. Just a mirage. like that georgeous bird who gave you the green light, but she wasn't really. She was just fishing for some attention

Oh, and Szobo looks an incredible athlete.

A couple of Gerrard-like bursts of pace today. Looked like a beast on the pitch today in the 2nd half when he powered past 2 Bournemouth defenders.

Get a mobile DM behind him and Mac, get another RB to push TAA, and we're going to be cooking again.
Valladolid have a very talented young defensive RB called Ivan Fresneda. Supposed to be the next big thing - came to prominence with his performance containing Vinicius Jr last year. Valladolid want to sell as they're relegated and they want 10 million euros. We should be all over that - he's only 18, so I think he probably could converted to HG as well.

Valladolid have a very talented young defensive RB called Ivan Fresneda. Supposed to be the next big thing - came to prominence with his performance containing Vinicius Jr last year. Valladolid want to sell as they're relegated and they want 10 million euros. We should be all over that - he's only 18, so I think he probably could converted to HG as well.

At 10m, why aren't Barca/Real in for him?

At 10m, why aren't Barca/Real in for him?
Barca want him apparently, and he wants Barca too, but I was reading that Xavi wants a more experienced player, and they're trying for Cancelo.

The latest is that Chelsea are trying to swoop in for him before the window closes.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll take 3 points, folks, especially as we seem to be hellbent on gifting goals to opponents. Once we got our heads together— Klopp does love his square pegs in round holes, doesn’t he?— we played some decent stuff. Genuinely good performances there.

It was never a Red.
Endo looked good, but will be out muscled for the next few games.
Allison saved our bacon.
Szobo is some buy.
Canceido was never coming here. Just a mirage. like that georgeous bird who gave you the green light, but she wasn't really. She was just fishing for some attention

That right there has got "voice of experience" written all over it. :whistle:

Any news on Curtis Jones? Was his injury a continuation of his ongoing problem from last season or something unrelated? We badly need him at LCM to improve our midfield balance and push Gakpo up front.

Any news on Curtis Jones? Was his injury a continuation of his ongoing problem from last season or something unrelated? We badly need him at LCM to improve our midfield balance and push Gakpo up front.
Nothing from Klopp post match about him, last season his issue was the eye injury wasn’t it which meant he could only train 3 days a week, separate issue and probably fortunately so.

Don’t think the red will be overturned, unfortunately - on appeal the in-game context (both players going for the ball in exactly the same manner) will be forgotten and the letter of the law (his studs were up!) will be the only thing considered. So it’s Endo at #6 for Newcastle, unless we sign someone quickly.

Speaking of Endo, I liked his decision-making with the ball and positioning, doesn’t seem out of place or fazed at all. However some questions about his tackling and also needs to get more used to the level of physicality in the EPL. Anyway, good to have him here.

I think the studs up is a bit stupid, really. He was not going for a ball above the knee. He did not go over the ball. His foot was raised about a foot, below the knee, because that was the ball height. Being raised, some of the bottom of his foot was visible, but he was not trying to use his studs to connect with the ball.

Further, his knee was bent. Danger tackles are those that are high and with a locked knee. Under only freak circumstances could that tackle have caused a significant injury.

Studs visible or not, there is no way that is serious foul play, but….

It will not be overturned, because actually considering the danger does not seem to matter at all, but rather part of his studs were visible while playing a ball under the knee. It is impossible to not show your studs playing a ball a little elevated unless you are actually on top of the ball vs it being in front.

Stupid interpretation of danger.

Diaz has been great but once Dom Szoboszlai settles down a bit and we put a solid number 6 behind him, he is going to take over the league, isnt he? Thank god Mount rejected us.
He didn't reject us, Caicedo and Lavia....they rejected us. With Mount we came to our senses and probably had a right laugh once Utd said what they wanted for a player with 1 year left.

Wrt Szobo....the takeover is already in progess baby.

RATINGS:

Alli 6.0
- nervous start, was he rattled by the Saudi bid? Saved us a few times later on.

Virgil 6.5 - he’s become a solid stay-at-home defender as opposed to a dominant physical monster. Which is fine if he has younger legs around him.

Konate 6.5 - overall impressive bar a couple of missed challenges here and there. Irreplaceable.

Robbo 7 - happy to be “proven wrong” (at least for now) about his LCB/LB hybrid role - in this game he managed to be a factor in attack as well as attending to his defensive duties. Let’s hope we’re seeing a sustainable upturn in form.

Trent 6 - other than the first goal, didn’t do too much wrong, but he’s clearly far from his best form at the start of the season. Where did the Trent from April-May go?

MacAllister 6.5 - sending off was a disgrace; controlled the game for us. People are saying he is “wasted” at #6 - I’m not so sure. I think he likes playing deep and is good at it. He just needs a bit more athleticism around him.

Gakpo 5.5 - almost no impact, which is disappointing for a player of his talent and quality. I don’t think this proves he can’t play as a #8, I think the reason it hasn’t been successful so far is the general uncertainty around the midfield means he has to focus more on the defensive tasks and take fewer risks, which takes away from his natural game.

Szoboszlai 7.5 MOTM - it was great to see him gradually growing in confidence, from playing within himself at the start to trying more and more audacious things which he certainly has in his locker. Let’s hope he can take this momentum into next games. Dropped into the double-pivot with Endo after the sending off and performed that role with no issues.

Diaz 7.0 - close call for MOTM, ignited the team with his superbly taken goal, some nice passes and interplay with teammates. Reminding us why we were all so excited by him before the double-injury.

Jota 6.5 - blowing hot and cold all game, but at leaat his effort level cannot be questioned. +0.5 for the goal.

Salah 6.0 - on one hand, masterful in terms of dictating our attacking flow on the right side, was at the center of all the triangles and combinations (something Gakpo couldn’t get going on the opposite flank). On the other hand, inexplicable bad touches and poor shots in crucial moments. Needs to be taken off penalties; it’s clear we have 2 better penalty takers in the team now.

SUBS:
Endo 6.5 - not easy to come in virtually off the airplane into a hard-fought EPL game. Projected confidence; the teammates instantly trusted him with the ball and I like how he also trusted them (i.e. Szloboszlai as his covering partner) enough to take risks with challenging for the ball up high. Will need to judge his tackles better though, otherwise he’ll give away lots of free-kicks a la Lucas.

Elliott 5.0 - I think his role in the team now is finding an extra creative spark, which is something he did so excellently in the last game. This time the situation called for calmness and control and instead his mistakes invited more pressure. Klopp won’t make the same mistake again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom