• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if he doesn't want to be a right back and he's shit in midfield the only option is to sell.
So give him time

Do you really think Trent would say no to keep on playing as a RB? After over 300 games there.

Also - I’m not sure how Salah gets to claim that goal - Harvey has one chalked off and called as an OG due to a big deflection earlier in the season.
If the shot is on target and it was deflected in = goal to the player who made the shot.

If the shot is off target and it was deflected in = an own goal.

Salah's shot was on target I believe.

i thought we were absolute crap ..got lucky ,with the sending off .. love we eliiot, the new david fairclough :)

Isn’t there a rule about keeper subs being different?

Genuinely have no idea or that there were even sub rules other than making a max of 5 in a 3 spell window....that & the fact you can't field/name an illegibile player in the 18.

Fuck me, fun times round here after a win :rolleyes:
Even Klopp wasn't too happy post match after the win so I guess it's reciprocated around the club.

We need an hour or so to cool down and soak it all in before getting our heads screwed back in.

Ratingssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss time.

Ali 8 - I know it's only been 2 games but it's fucking great to have you back mate.

Trent 4 - I counted 18 times he lost the ball trying the hollywood pass, some nice crossfield passes first half but you can't be giving it away that often. Disapossessed a few times trying to overplay as well.
Virgil 7 - A little lucky to have the pen overturned otherwise a solid performance.
Quansah 7 - Not so lucky to have the pen given which I thought was just about a pen, he taps the back of his foot. Otherwise a solid performance.....I was surprised he was subbed off tbh.
Kostas 6 - Not as good as his previous outings, not really troubled defensively but didn't really provide an outlet going forward either.

Endo 5 - A really tough game for him, he had a taste of his own medicine really as he was the one being hounded by Palace at every possible opportunity....lost it too much in the end.
Grav 3.5 - Like him a lot but a really disappointing game, never really got involved at all.
Szobo 4 - What has happened to him? Another game passed him by where nothing he did came off.

Salah 5.5 - +1 for the goal and happy he's got his 200, don't even know if the original shot is going in. Anonymous otherwise.
Nunez 5 - Just no. I'm the first to rush to his defence and laud him for his performances even when he's not scoring but that was just trash.
Diaz 4 - Ineffective and has been for a while.

Now most the trash is out the way let's move onto the positives....

Gakpo 6 - Added much needed rhythm and energy, gave something new for Palace to think about.
Harvey 9 - MOTM, everything he did he did with confidence and conviction. Another brilliant cameo, deserves to be starting more.
Gomez 7.5 - Thought he was brilliant, I'd be starting him at RB more often.

If anyone disagrees with any of the above.....you know what you can do.
Gakpo has to be 7 - 7.5. Wonderful powerful midfield driving - ditto Elliott. The pair of them, along with Gomez - were great and changed the game more than the sending off did.

Out of interest, what were Trent’s stats?
Screenshot_20231209-155054.png

Did alright, but tbf they did sit back a lot in the 2nd half

Gakpo has to be 7 - 7.5. Wonderful powerful midfield driving - ditto Elliott. The pair of them, along with Gomez - were great and changed the game more than the sending off did.

Yeah could boost Gakpo up to a 7. No issue there.

Pretty easy ratings to score I thought.

I am not sure the box midfield is working well against the low-block - certainly not today.

Palace were so narrow and deep and we did not take advantage of the space out wide. I would rather us play with high full backs and Endo protecting the CBs like Fabs used to. If we want Trent in midfield, play Gomez or Bradley at FB and Trent for Dominic.

I think Gomez was outstanding after coming on. Really aggressive going forward gave us as much impetus as Harvey.

Trying his best to help his mate Trent move to midfield permanently. He is starting to look more natural in the hybrid role as well; he enjoys jumping into challenges and it suits him to do it in the middle of the pitch where you can afford to lose an odd battle without catastrophic consequences.

Is it wrong to say that Diaz is just shit at the moment, its like we are playing with 10 men when he plays. He is not the same since his injury.

I am not sure the box midfield is working well against the low-block - certainly not today.

Palace were so narrow and deep and we did not take advantage of the space out wide. I would rather us play with high full backs and Endo protecting the CBs like Fabs used to. If we want Trent in midfield, play Gomez or Bradley at FB and Trent for Dominic.

This inverted shit has been bollocks, either stick the cunt at RB or fully transition him as a midfielder....I don't particularly care at this point which it is but this whole giving into what Trent wants to do is working against us.....our other midfielders are suffering as a result because they have no clue what they're supposed to be doing. He was shit again today just like he was at Sheffield, 1 assist from about 20 set play attempts doesn't cover up a shit show of a performance.

This inverted shit has been bollocks, either stick the cunt at RB or fully transition him as a midfielder....I don't particularly care at this point which it is but this whole giving into what Trents want to do is working against us.....our other midfielders are suffering as a result because they have no clue what they're supposed to be doing. He was shit again today just like he was at Sheffield, 1 assist from about 20 set play attempts doesn't cover up a shit show of a performance.
Bit harsh, did not think he was the issue, but what we need to say is that its no good against low block sides like them.

Is it wrong to say that Diaz is just shit at the moment, its like we are playing with 10 men when he plays. He is not the same since his injury.

He needs games and fitness. So close to a great goal.

I see your point, but on the other hand when your team is tired it’s better to have an extra player in the middle to deal with counterattacks - remember how easy it was to slice through our midfield last season, now we have a bit more insurance maybe somewhat at the expense of penetration/wing play. I think box midfield is like fighting with a shied and long spear - you are relatively protected, but have to be patient to find the right moment to poke the opponent. Having wide attacking fullbacks in a 4-3-3 or similar systems is like cavalry charge with sabers - intimidating for the opposition and spectacular when it works, but also leaving yourself potentially vulnerable unless your defensive transitions are exceptionally strong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom