• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't MOTD show all the yellows preceding Ayew's red card?
Because that's something they normally do.......?

Nobody really cares to see the standard yellows people get, Onyeka's tackle is a different matter as it really should've been upgraded to a red.

Not a great performance but results are what matters, 9 points in a week and top of the table. :kiss:

We really needed those 9 points, I have some hope now, that we have won at least 4 away games this season. But I am not hoping for shit until we see the league table at the end of February 2024.

Also - can we stop playing Gravy, and Szob in the starting line-up together, we need to start Jones, not Gravy.

Because that's something they normally do.......?

Nobody really cares to see the standard yellows people get, Onyeka's tackle is a different matter as it really should've been upgraded to a red.
Well in our case it tells a story. Palace were doing those "tactical" fouls all game.
And the ref finally had enough. That's why Ayew got the second yellow.

We really needed those 9 points, I have some hope now, that we have won at least 4 away games this season. But I am not hoping for shit until we see the league table at the end of February 2024.

Also - can we stop playing Gravy, and Szob in the starting line-up together, we need to start Jones, not Gravy.
Grav has been disappointed last few games (as has Szobo tbf) but Jones is not and will never be the answer. Harvey is far more worthy of a starting place.

Grav has been disappointed last few games (as has Szobo tbf) but Jones is not and will never be the answer. Harvey is far more worthy of a starting place.

Yes he is the answer - he keeps the ball better than all of them. We have been less convincing since he has been out of the team.

I love Redcafe:
c4957f3060cca90bb0b90b1946775820.jpg
f276048d3b87bd87c5f6d5fe32b9879b.jpg

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Oh suddenly it's poor old Roy....

Sauce:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/var-and-refs-general-discussion.471935/page-304

Well in our case it tells a story. Palace were doing those "tactical" fouls all game.
And the ref finally had enough. That's why Ayew got the second yellow.
Not so sure it does tbh, Ayew got a second yellow because if you isolate the incident it's a bookable offence....it was cynical and stopped a potential attack on the counter, nothing to do with anything prior.

Not so sure it does tbh, Ayew got a second yellow because if you isolate the incident it's a bookable offence....it was cynical and stopped a potential attack on the counter, nothing to do with anything prior.
That's not what Crouch and Rio said. Honestly, in isolation I thought it was soft as fuck

Yes he is the answer - he keeps the ball better than all of them. We have been less convincing since he has been out of the team.
No he isn't. We've been unconvincing all season with or without him. He played his part off the bench with his first goal contribution this season and that's how it should stay.

That's not what Crouch and Rio said. Honestly, in isolation I thought it was soft as fuck
He stopped a breakaway, all it needs to be is a little tug of the shirt if you're stopping a counter it's probably gonna result in a yellow being shown.

His first yellow was what you call soft.

How exactly did he play himself into trouble if he was only dispossessed twice and had a 93% pass accuracy? Sounds like the stats completely contradict your point? I thought he was one of the few looking to get on the ball during a strong press from CP especially Hughes.

Seems I’m not the only one who didn’t think Endo played well :

upload_2023-12-10_10-39-58.jpeg

Poor the Darwin - I bet Binomial doesn’t frequent Goal.
Also, Jonathon Liew’s report in the Gusrdian is pretty bang on too - he’s one of the best writers out there at the minute. He didn’t think Endo had a good game either.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-match-report?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

View attachment 3063

Also, Jonathon Liew’s report in the Gusrdian is pretty bang on too - he’s one of the best writers out there at the minute. He didn’t think Endo had a good game either.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-league-match-report?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Ya and Trent was the second best player according to FF. Some people can’t analysis a game for shit. Endo was one of the very few who continuously asked for the ball even under pressure and was relentlessly pressed and let down by his teammates. Since he’s come in we’ve got a 100% record.

I see your point, but on the other hand when your team is tired it’s better to have an extra player in the middle to deal with counterattacks - remember how easy it was to slice through our midfield last season, now we have a bit more insurance maybe somewhat at the expense of penetration/wing play. I think box midfield is like fighting with a shied and long spear - you are relatively protected, but have to be patient to find the right moment to poke the opponent. Having wide attacking fullbacks in a 4-3-3 or similar systems is like cavalry charge with sabers - intimidating for the opposition and spectacular when it works, but also leaving yourself potentially vulnerable unless your defensive transitions are exceptionally strong.

Exactly this.

View attachment 3063

Endo didn't have a good game but those ratings by goal are absolutely laughable and should never be allowed to player rate ever again, Ali is the only player they've got right.

The average rating for Nunez is correct though, he just wasn't good today.

Those ratings by goal are absolutely laughable and should never be allowed to player rate ever again, Ali is the only player they've got right.

The average rating for Nunez is correct though, he just wasn't good today.

Does that mean you should never be allowed to rate again too - as they’re pretty similar - all be it I think we can detect a bit of Anti-Trent & Pro-Darwin bias in there… they’re the only way ones that stand out as significantly different.

Goal v Binomial Ratings
Alisson : 8 / 8
Trent : 7 / 4
Quansah : 6 / 7
Virgil : 6 / 7
Tsimikas : 4 / 6
Endo: 4 / 5
Gravy : 5 / 3.5
Slobbers : 4 / 4
Mo : 5 / 5.5
Diaz : 3 / 4
Darwin : 2 / 5

Also…. For the love of Christ, when the thread for next weeks game starts, can we not have jinxy cunts predicting a 5-0 win!!!!

Does that mean you should never be allowed to rate again too - as they’re pretty similar - all be it I think we can detect a bit of Anti-Trent & Pro-Darwin bias in there… they’re the only way ones that stand out as significantly different.

Goal v Binomial Ratings
Alisson : 8 / 8
Trent : 7 / 4
Quansah : 6 / 7
Virgil : 6 / 7
Tsimikas : 4 / 6
Endo: 4 / 5
Gravy : 5 / 3.5
Slobbers : 4 / 4
Mo : 5 / 5.5
Diaz : 3 / 4
Darwin : 2 / 5

Anything with a 1.5+ swing is pretty substantial when it comes to ratings. Their Trent Kostas and Darwin ratings are a joke, to score Trent +3 over Kostas is just wrong. No one watching that game can say Trent played better than Kostas.

Plus these nitwits don't do .5's so for all we know they could've had the CB's on 5.5, Endo 3.5, Gravy 5.5 etc.

Also…. For the love of Christ, when the thread for next weeks game starts, can we not have jinxy cunts predicting a 5-0 win!!!!

well last season’s 7-0 came a bit out of nowhere and in early 2021 red cafe was shitting itself and it ended 0-0

Next week we will be playing a team in an injury crisis, short on confidence and with two high profile players suspended with two more on the naughty step. It all looks too easy but I’m sure it won’t.

Would be terrific if Bayern softened them up for us mid- meek to bounce back from their weekend mare vs Frankfurt.

A fourth place finish in their champions league group, a twatting by us and going into Xmas in the bottom half would make me a very happy chappy

I see your point, but on the other hand when your team is tired it’s better to have an extra player in the middle to deal with counterattacks - remember how easy it was to slice through our midfield last season, now we have a bit more insurance maybe somewhat at the expense of penetration/wing play. I think box midfield is like fighting with a shied and long spear - you are relatively protected, but have to be patient to find the right moment to poke the opponent. Having wide attacking fullbacks in a 4-3-3 or similar systems is like cavalry charge with sabers - intimidating for the opposition and spectacular when it works, but also leaving yourself potentially vulnerable unless your defensive transitions are exceptionally strong.

Sure, but last season we also had the fossilized-in-amber version of Fabs protecting our middle.

No he isn't. We've been unconvincing all season with or without him. He played his part off the bench with his first goal contribution this season and that's how it should stay.

We play much better when Gravy is not starting with Sboz, Gravy looks lost, and rushes his passes.

We play much better when Gravy is not starting with Sboz, Gravy looks lost, and rushes his passes.

They both started Everton and Forest........2 of our better games this season, & ok neither were particularly good against Fulham a wins still a win.

We were lucky today. I would like to see us click a little more, but today I completely expected this kinda game, and we have to be delighted. Top of the league and we haven't been close to hitting our straps.
Parsed.

I have to say this has me a little concerned overall. We seem to be doing enough to win most matches without actually being in control. This being down to a free scoring attack and a good defence (lowest number of goals conceded in the PL)

We still haven't 'clicked' and a lot of that is down to not having a settled midfield - the Trent experiment included. We have the players but something is still not right.

Last edited:
How exactly did he play himself into trouble if he was only dispossessed twice and had a 93% pass accuracy? Sounds like the stats completely contradict your point? I thought he was one of the few looking to get on the ball during a strong press from CP especially Hughes.
A couple of times Quansah played a ball into him that clearly wasn't on due to the proximaty of their press. Putting him into immediate trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom