• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match - Palace (A) - Sat 12:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he is the answer - he keeps the ball better than all of them. We have been less convincing since he has been out of the team.
Only if we want to circulate the ball around and around and around zzzz. Somnambulism is the perfect word to describe Jones ' play.

Anything with a 1.5+ swing is pretty substantial when it comes to ratings. Their Trent Kostas and Darwin ratings are a joke, to score Trent +3 over Kostas is just wrong. No one watching that game can say Trent played better than Kostas.

Plus these nitwits don't do .5's so for all we know they could've had the CB's on 5.5, Endo 3.5, Gravy 5.5 etc.

If they do t do .5’s how might they have people on .5’s.

Seems like out of all all the ratings published in this thread, tge only people who didn’t think Darwin was the worst Liverpool player on the pitch was The Evening Standard, unsurprisingly- you, but probably more surprisingly - me.

Looking at that clip I randomly thought Alli must be a beast at beach volleyball... I'd want him on my team.

Great save but fuck me the boy had the whole goal to aim at and hit Becker with it. Terrible finish even if it would beat a lot of keepers. Should have made it unsavable

10 men changed that clearly.
Well maybe but they sacrificed a striker, not a midfielder or defender, so little to no effect in their half - yet Gomez still found tons of space. Because he stayed wide whereas Trent came inside on a narrow pitch thereby narrowing the play even more.

Well maybe but they sacrificed a striker, not a midfielder or defender, so little to no effect in their half - yet Gomez still found tons of space. Because he stayed wide whereas Trent came inside on a narrow pitch thereby narrowing the play even more.
Course it did. When you don’t have the striker pressing you are forced out of position and you become even more compact so you concede space out wide. Just like we did vs Spurs.

I love Redcafe:
c4957f3060cca90bb0b90b1946775820.jpg
f276048d3b87bd87c5f6d5fe32b9879b.jpg

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787] Oh suddenly it's poor old Roy....

Sauce:

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/var-and-refs-general-discussion.471935/page-304
Glad to see the spelling/misuse of words is as bad on RedCafe as it is here. Is "Low and Behold" a new lo?

Sure, but last season we also had the fossilized-in-amber version of Fabs protecting our middle.

Exactly or Hendo.

And if you have Gakpo drop deep like Firmino, it becomes more of a 3-5-2 with Endo able to drop into back 3 when required.

Anyway….i am not a master tactician, but I do think we need a different approach and personnel for teams the drop deep and narrow.

Except top of the league - Yay! I am all good with that, but can’t rely on luck to stay there.

Great save but fuck me the boy had the whole goal to aim at and hit Becker with it. Terrible finish even if it would beat a lot of keepers. Should have made it unsavable

Did he hit it at Ali or did Ali put himself where the striker knew he was going to hit it?

Reminds me of that Napoli game a few years ago

that’s a bit harsh. He’s barely got any games in - going to take a game or two to acclimate to the pace no matter the keeper

Is it though? His mistakes against Fulham show a blatant lack of quality.

That cannot happen.

Is it though? His mistakes against Fulham show a blatant lack of quality.

That cannot happen.

They show a rustiness. He's shown quality before. I don't know any keeper who can spend most of the year on the bench and then come in and not have issues. It's just not how it works, and the judgmentalism shown towards our #2 reveals people who may not realize an inactive #2 keeper takes a little while to get his thinking, reactions, pace, and abilities in the fastest, highest quality league in the world up to speed. Keepers aren't robots. They don't just jump in and hit the highest levels.

We tend to slag off people (like Matip) on here when they are coming back and then change our tune a little later on these forums when they've been given time to fine tune and shine. Matip was shite a few months ago. Now people want to erect a statue. Like when Kelleher scored the winner in the cup last year. Give the bloke a little grace.

Disclaimer: Irish bias/empathy in effect.

Last edited:
They show a rustiness. He's shown quality before. I don't know any keeper who can spend most of the year on the bench and then come in and not have issues. It's just not how it works, and the judgmentalism shown towards our #2 reveals people who may not realize an inactive #2 keeper takes a little while to get his judgement, reactions, pace, and abilities in the fastest, highest quality league in the world up to speed. It's just the normal state of things..

He's a professional football player who should be able to fit in as soon as needed and flip flop around for three games or whatever time he would need costing us points left, right and centre. That's his job. It's not like he was thrown in midway through a game because of an injury but even would be his job.

If he can't do this then he's not up for the task.

He's a professional football player who should be able to fit in as soon as needed and flip flop around for three games or whatever time he would need costing us points left, right and centre. That's his job. It's not like he was thrown in midway through a game because of an injury but even would be his job.

If he can't do this then he's not up for the task.

That's just not how it works with keepers. It's much more complicated. No keeper who's played so few competitive game in the last 12 months can come in and hit the high notes consistently. They need a few games to fine tune themselves, AND also get into a rhythm with their defence. Never mind the C word. (confidence)

That's just not how it works with keepers. It's much more complicated. No keeper who's played so few competitive game in the last 12 months can come in and hit the high notes consistently. They need a few games to fine tune themselves, AND also get into a rhythm with their defence. Never mind the C word. (confidence)

It's exactly how it works - especially for goalkeepers.

They have to prepare themselves like they actually play and normally they are trained like this as well. I don't think it's any different at our club.

Forgot to mention : Ward was very lucky Mo scored otherwise the way he wiped Jones out would have resulted in a certain penalty and yellow card - his second of the match.

Forgot to mention : Ward was very lucky Mo scored otherwise the way he wiped Jones out would have resulted in a certain penalty and yellow card - his second of the match.
Shouldn't have stopped him from seeing a 2nd yellow anyway if the ref waved play on.....did Jones do him a favour by not making anything of it?

Shouldn't have stopped him from seeing a 2nd yellow anyway if the ref waved play on.....did Jones do him a favour by not making anything of it?
That's my thinking too, he completely wiped him out. It's like the Van Dijk situation against Everton a few years ago.

That's my thinking too, he completely wiped him out. It's like the Van Dijk situation against Everton a few years ago.
Similar but not nearly as bad. Ward wasn't as high as Prickford and the intent wasn't there to injure Jones. Prickford scissor lunged at him from the side when the ball was already out, Ward slid in to block a shot and his momentum took him into Jones.

Similar but not nearly as bad. Ward wasn't as high as Prickford and the intent wasn't there to injure Jones.
No, definitely not. What I'm saying is, even if it's a goal, it doesn't mean that you can just tackle a player like that in the box.
It's definitely a yellow card offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom